• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

I said nothing about blanket immunity. Yes, I thought we settled that one, hence why I didn't say anything about it. I don't know why you brought it up.

Whether giving a ruling, kicking it back down, not being heard til after the election, they all sewer the immunity challenge and originate with the SCOTUS. I don't think there's a darn thing Jack Smith will accomplish, shit is starting to fall around him. They have shown the Top Secret and below folders, strewn around the floor was staged. The FBI had brought those folders with them and just stuffed papers in them, supposedly as the TS documents. It's also been found, classified material has been moved and no longer match the audit sheets, while under Smith’s control. Sounds like mishandling classified docs, doesn't it.
Sorry, the way you described it confused me. ‘Immunity challenge’ was just a bit of an odd way to put it since the ‘challenge’ (or claim of immunity) was raised by Trump, but I took ‘sewer’ to mean you think SCOTUS will find in his favour in a way that effectively kills the trial. Or sure what you mean by ‘originate with SCOTUS’ since nothing originates with SCOTUS, it’s always an appeal from something else.

Regarding the revelations about precisely how some documents were handled on scene, or when processed later, that’s an evidentiary issue that will need to be heard, but it will fundamentally come down to if they have continuity over the evidence itself, and sufficient description of what was found where. The court will likely find that it suffices that all the materials were found in the boxes they were found in, unless order within the individual boxes is a trial issue (for instance to try to date the documents based on how they were layered with magazines, news articles, etc). Given that the folders themselves aren’t what’s being charged, and neither are any placeholders slip sheets that were being used when they ran out of folders, I don’t think it will turn out to be as big a deal as your preferred sources are making it out to be. Which document was where within a specific box will matter less if the court is satisfied that all the charged documents were still there in the individual boxes they were found in. There’s no suggestion in any of this that any of the lawfully seized evidence is not, in fact, lawfully seized evidence, or that any of the documents are anything other than what they’re purported to be. As an analogy, if police searched a drawer within a closet and found a gun, a brick of coke, and a wad of cash, this is basically about how the items were laid out in the individual drawer, not whether they were found there at all. I’m not worried about it and I doubt prosecutors are either.

And no, this is not ‘mishandling classified documents’, since the documents were seized and secured on site, and what is at issue is either empty folders or hand-drawn replacement slip sheets specifically to avoid further handling or potential misplacement of the actual documents containing Defense Information. It was those empty folders and slip sheets that in a few cases got jumbled after, likely when an examination and review of the boxes was being conducted pursuant to the judge’s own order that was later knocked down on appeal to the 11th circuit.

A whole lot of reaching is happening here. For those watching but not commenting, this article describes the issue : https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/03/mar-a-lago-trump-classified-documents-00156124

They have shown the Top Secret and below folders, strewn around the floor was staged. The FBI had brought those folders with them and just stuffed papers in them, supposedly as the TS documents. It's also been found, classified material has been moved and no longer match the audit sheets, while under Smith’s control. Sounds like mishandling classified docs, doesn't it.
Not mishandling classified docs. Mishandling evidence.

"Judge, we only manipulated this part... nothing else, we promise!"

This is all starting to sound like the Crossfire Hurricane charade. I'm starting to wonder if a single case will actually stick... or is it all just another show to damage someone ahead of an election? If after the election there is not even one conviction of a substantive crime - this was all bullshit and many people need to be indicted for the abuses.

"Judge, we only manipulated this part... nothing else, we promise!"

This is all starting to sound like the Crossfire Hurricane charade. I'm starting to wonder if a single case will actually stick... or is it all just another show to damage someone ahead of an election? If after the election there is not even one conviction of a substantive crime - this was all bullshit and many people need to be indicted for the abuses.
kind of hard to do so when Team Trump is specifically trying to delay until after the election. They don’t want that Sword of Damocles hanging over him.

People who know they are innocent would want to get stuff like this done quickly so they can get back to campaigning, no?

🤔

kind of hard to do so when Team Trump is specifically trying to delay until after the election. They don’t want that Sword of Damocles hanging over him.
Or, Team Trump is just acting prudently when yet another piece of obstructionism falls away because each of the Teams Not-Trump was specifically trying to engineer its investigation and prosecution to land smack in the middle of primary and election seasons (I can read minds, too), and the engineering wasn't fireproof. Can't imagine why the people content to let all other prosecutions slowly play out are suddenly all in a panic, unless the point of everything is political damage, not justice.

Back