Author Topic: Picking up Ship’s pieces: SPLIT from-Re: "Re-Royalization", "Re-Britification"..  (Read 3520 times)

Online FSTO

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post

Lastly I wouldn't over inflate the RCN's grasp of logistics, if I were you.  I cant speak for others but I don't hold the understanding or appreciation of Logistics by MARS O's in great esteem.  The Army, while as difficult as it can be, at least understands it needs beans and bullets to fight and win, the RCN seems to see it as some dark voodoo magic that isn't worth the time in understanding or respecting, until it all goes to shite and the Log Dept is left to pick up the pieces again.

If I had a dime for every time I heard one trade in the Navy say that they had "to pick up the pieces again" when commenting on the competence of the other trades I'd be fairly well off.

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • My uncle F/Sgt W.H.S. Buckwell KIA 14/05/43 22YOA
Would you rather, I've had to pick up pieces because some bits of the ship is falling apart.  Because I have. :nod:

Offline Halifax Tar

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Ready Aye Ready
Would you rather, I've had to pick up pieces because some bits of the ship is falling apart.  Because I have. :nod:

Well stop walking around poking holes in rusting pipes ;)
Lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way

Offline medicineman

• Well stuck into my new job and thoroughly enjoying it.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • In Arduis Fidelis
    • Fed By The Firehose
If he doesn't break them, how is he supposed to get anyone to believe they need fixing in the first place?

;D

MM

MM

Remember the basics of Medicine - "Pink is GOOD, Blue is BAD, Air goes in AND out, Blood Goes Round and Round"

I may sound like a pessimist, but I am a realist.

Offline Oldgateboatdriver

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
By first sending them off to Irving Shipyard for a refit  [:D

Offline Halifax Tar

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Ready Aye Ready
By first sending them off to Irving Shipyard for a refit  [:D

We are getting off topic but I love it lol  :nod:
Lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
Start putting pieces of duct tape on the inside of the hull below the waterline marked "Danger do not remove"

Place a 1 million dollar order for Gorilla glue, duct tape and baling wire and see what happens

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
Start putting pieces of duct tape on the inside of the hull below the waterline marked "Danger do not remove"

Place a 1 million dollar order for Gorilla glue...

Well, it is water activated.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.