Author Topic: RCN to introduce new Conduct Policy and new Alcohol Policy  (Read 88000 times)

Offline Chief Stoker

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Arctic SME
Re: RCN to introduce new Conduct Policy and new Alcohol Policy
« Reply #225 on: July 29, 2017, 07:22:22 »
Context is everything, Max. Getting casually pissed in your USN whites on a week night in home port- not condoned.

Getting gooned at Fleet Week? That seems to be a whole other ball game to the USN....

Not everything is about drinking during these festivities but if you want to have a drink or many the US is not under the same restrictions as we are. The US as we are still under the "don't get into crap" rule.You get out of line you pay the consequences. I find our restrictions kill the fun for the kids, especially in regards to the uniform restrictions and alcohol policy.
"When your draught exceeds your depth, you are most assuredly aground"

All opinions stated are not official policy of the CF and of a private individual

كافر

Offline Humphrey Bogart

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #226 on: July 29, 2017, 10:44:11 »
Not everything is about drinking during these festivities but if you want to have a drink or many the US is not under the same restrictions as we are. The US as we are still under the "don't get into crap" rule.You get out of line you pay the consequences. I find our restrictions kill the fun for the kids, especially in regards to the uniform restrictions and alcohol policy.

If people want to have a drink, they should be allowed.  Getting trashed in another story.  We have QR&Os/CSD for a reason.

I drink all the time in uniform, usually at lunch when I feel like having a beer before going back to the office.  It's not illegal to drink alcohol so why does the CAF treat alcohol like it's some sort of capital crime?

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #227 on: July 29, 2017, 11:12:19 »
See also,

At the pub
http://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=92199.0
OP: "You're 30 seconds in side the door and are promptly chewed out in front of everyone by some guy in the CF."

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 10:06:27 by mariomike »
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline Pusser

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #228 on: August 02, 2017, 10:23:48 »
If people want to have a drink, they should be allowed.  Getting trashed in another story.  We have QR&Os/CSD for a reason.

I drink all the time in uniform, usually at lunch when I feel like having a beer before going back to the office.  It's not illegal to drink alcohol so why does the CAF treat alcohol like it's some sort of capital crime?

Actually, the CAF doesn't.  There may be some local policies at play in some locations, but there is no regulation prohibiting the consumption of alcohol in uniform.  There are a host of other regulations against being a jackass, but they're not necessarily uniform dependant.  No, there is nothing inherently wrong with having a drink in a public place in uniform, provided it is legal to have a drink there in the first place and that you don't do something stupid.
Sure, apes read Nietzsche.  They just don't understand it.