Author Topic: Getting Back In/Re-enrolling Mega Thread  (Read 323255 times)

Offline geo

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: I want to get back in the primary reserves, R031
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2005, 10:38:41 »
I could answer you "it depends" BUT
after 7 years, the system will probably be inclined to enroll you back as, at best, a Cpl
at worst..... a recruit.

I know of a former Sgt who left, started a business & family(business doing fine, family isn't), chose to come back after 10 or 12 yrs.... they took him back as a Recruit - and he's worked his way back up to Cpl. He's certainly no longer the fastest fella in the Platoon - but he's respected by his peers and his Sect/Plt commanders. He paces himself more - always there on time.... just in time.... and yeah - he knows about the weather before the storm fronts come in :) (mild arthritis).

Special consideration has been given to "sonny"... he's permitted to attend annual WOs & Sgt's mess dinner (in civies) but the man is enjoying himself immensly.... (sigh - I miss my days back as a Cpl = best rank in the army)
Chimo!

Offline hayter,

• Ace
  • Rate Post
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2005, 12:01:18 »
I would like to not have to do my BMQ/QL2, anything else

i would prefer to not do my BMQ/QL2, anything else i can understand, but basic i dont think is needed

Offline NavComm

• Rate Post
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2005, 15:39:27 »
I have a friend and her husband who were both on the supplementary reserve list, both are attach posted now - finally. They started re-applying to come back in 2003, they just got their messages this week (August 2005).

Anyway neither of them are re-doing bmq, they are both coming back with the ranks they held when they left.

They are navres, not sure if it's the same for army.

Offline swanita

• Rate Post
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2005, 23:24:01 »
I remember hearing sometime ago that if you'd done your basic at the most 5 years ago then wouldn't have to redo it....but this just something i heard & do not know definitively, sorry. Good Luck!

Offline geo

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2005, 15:20:25 »
If your qualifications are more than 5 yrs old then yeah, it's time to do it over again
If you are on the Supp list then there is a possibility that you might be activated at whatever rank you used to be but, if as my friend Sonny, you got out a long time ago and then decided to come back then.... better than average chance that you'll be asked to redo your qualifications.

Sonny has enjoyed the courses he's had to redo... but I have some doubts that his body is in any condition to do the ELQ Pt6 anytime soon.....
Chimo!

Offline Frank the Tank

• Rate Post
Re: Had to VR for dumb reasons and want to get back in.
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2005, 01:43:55 »
Hey guys,

Sorry to bring back an old subject, but I was wondering..........

I VR'd last spring (2005) and since then, I've been thinking of going back. I came home for many reasons, but none of them are good (girlfriend, home-sick, sick, pace, etc).

Any ideas to help me join again?

Thanks

Frank

Offline nULL

• Rate Post
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2005, 02:39:44 »
...fixing the underlying reasons for why you VR'd in the first place would be a good start.

Then apply.

Then wait.

Offline spud

• Rate Post
  • Hammer or Nail...I choose to be hammer
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2005, 09:42:13 »
VR's for weak reasons was explained to me by the Seargeant Major I dealt with when I wanted to quit. My brother was having emotional problems at the time (see..a weak reason). Long story short, the SM says to me "I got 8 brothers and sisters, if I ran to them every time they had a $%#&*^% problem I wouldn't have a spare minute in the day. Take care of yourself and YOUR problems, everything else will work out".

He was right and I stayed.

Offline sorefeet(Banned)

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2005, 19:47:11 »
OK lots of opinions but can anybody answer franks Q ?,I'm kind of in the same boat only being a single father  I had one good reason to vr and Ive reapplied now only part of my file is missing after i was told that everything is on track and i was good to go as of 10/05 now part of my file is missing and they say i might have to start the whole process again any opinions as to why this is,just wondering.

Offline kincanucks

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • ARRSE
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2005, 19:55:21 »
i might have to start the whole process again any opinions as to why this is,just wondering.

and the answer is:

now part of my file is missing
- Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
- If we are the only intelligent life in the universe, at least there's a finite number of idiots.
- Just when you realize life's a *****, it has puppies.

Offline sorefeet(Banned)

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2005, 20:04:27 »
Right now that thats straight answer me this how can only part of a file go missing? ???

Offline kincanucks

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • ARRSE
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2005, 20:12:56 »
Right now that thats straight answer me this how can only part of a file go missing? ???

Well maybe some gremlins snuck into the office and stole it.  Who knows. So part of your file is missing maybe it was a bad part anyway, maybe it was out of date.  Basically suck it up and do what you have to do.
- If we are the only intelligent life in the universe, at least there's a finite number of idiots.

Offline kincanucks

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • ARRSE
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2005, 20:16:37 »
OK lots of opinions but can anybody answer franks Q ?,

with his own words:

Since I got back, from time to time, I find myself missing BMQ and the pace of it.  I thought of going back, but still, I'm not sure if I want to live like that..

I guess I'll just wait to be sure before doing anything.

Offline sorefeet(Banned)

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2005, 20:24:34 »
ok franks question was answerd by frank,re read it.
as to why part of a file went missing there is no bad part in my file and your sarcasm makes me think that  that type of attitude is why  things go so slow with enlistment ,p.s.am doing what i need to do!  nothing to suck up :salute:

Offline kincanucks

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • ARRSE
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2005, 20:27:59 »
as to why part of a file went missing there is no bad part in my file and your sarcasm makes me think that   that type of attitude is why   things go so slow with enlistment ,p.s.am doing what i need to do!   nothing to suck up :salute:

Good luck precious.

Offline sorefeet(Banned)

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2005, 21:23:28 »
figures that you would say somthing like that you only re-enforce most peoples impression of the typica lncm,(a potatoe peeling jar head),to bad . :-* :salute:

Offline Infanteer

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Honey Badger FTW!
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2005, 21:27:40 »
Sorefeet,

Better to have everyone think you're an idiot rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt....
"Overall it appears that much of the apparent complexity of modern war stems in practice from the self-imposed complexity of modern HQs" LCol J.P. Storr

Offline PPCLI WO

• Rate Post
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2005, 21:31:23 »
figures that you would say somthing like that you only re-enforce most peoples impression of the typica lncm,(a potatoe peeling jar head),to bad . :-* :salute:

Son, you had best re-assess your life and attitude prior to your next attempt at entry into the CF.   No doubt you came to this site for information and advice from SERVING soldiers.   These serving members have demonstrated patience and given you outstanding advice.   If you insist on acting like a ignorant child, you will be treated as such.

Now sum up, open your ears, and carry on.

aesop081

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2005, 21:34:44 »
as to why part of a file went missing there is no bad part in my file and your sarcasm makes me think that   that type of attitude is why   things go so slow with enlistment ,p.s.am doing what i need to do!   nothing to suck up :salute:

WOW......What impressions would those be ? Last civilian i saw was on board an aurora last week and they thought i was very professional about my duties......did i miss something ?

Offline ArmyVern

in Ottawa.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2005, 21:47:56 »
Oh sorefeet, please get your file fixed quick!! Please apply to become a 911 Sup tech and for your 3 posting choices enter: 1) Gagetown 2) Gagetown and 3) Gagetown. I will then fight to have you come to work in my section....what fun it will be...especially if you think your feet are sore now!!  >:D And I guarantee that I will fix that attitude you seem to be sporting as well!!
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline goinpostal

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2005, 21:56:57 »
WOW,this person who may or may not get another chance to become one of Canada's finest is obviously a little confused as to what the military is.However making veiled threats&belittling comments as to their mind set will not help this person get the direction and foundation they so obviously need ,cm on people you were all scared and confused at least once in your life . :cdn:

Offline PPCLI WO

• Rate Post
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2005, 22:02:54 »
WOW,this person who may or may not get another chance to become one of Canada's finest is obviously a little confused as to what the military is.However making veiled threats&belittling comments as to their mind set will not help this person get the direction and foundation they so obviously need ,cm on people you were all scared and confused at least once in your life . :cdn:

Nothing veiled here, and the preceding posts are not threats.  They are examples of "counselling".  And serving members of a certain rank are both trained and experienced enough to administer "counselling".  If you can't tolerate constructive criticism administered in the military style, find another career.

Offline goinpostal

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2005, 22:16:11 »
first I'm not in the military  my father is a retired rsm of 2ppcli who is now deceased and your term "counselling" is only a PC term for being a bully why even bother" getting your pantys in a knot" as my dad would say,i doubt this person will go very far in life but you do have a choice to be a little more understanding isn't that part of your training as well.
by the way my husband is an officer in the infantry and he will be very interested to see this I'm sure he will agree with some of what is being said to this person although I'm not sure he'll share your views on the "counselling" part.

ruck up and carry on would probably be a better piece of advise to this individual.

only an opinion of a military wife.

Offline PPCLI WO

• Rate Post
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2005, 22:30:55 »
Goinpostal,

Interesting lineage, welcome to the site. Filling out your profile will prevent others from jumping to the same conclusion I did.   In regards to your comment on counselling, I have to disagree.   I have experienced both traditional counselling, which consisted of a verbal harangue covering every topic from my faults to the promiscuity of my mother, usually followed by a physical assault.   I am also familiar with pro-active counselling of wayward soldiers in need of advice and, well, counselling.  

Given we don't perform an ordinary job, and it's going to become even more out of the ordinary in the following months, the methods we use are going to have to do for now.

Offline Bruce Monkhouse

is back. Still says fitness, not drugs.

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
    • http://www.canadianbands.com./home.html
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2005, 22:51:13 »
Gee, funny how sorefeet and goinpostal seem to be posting from the same computer......bye bye troll.......
IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.