Author Topic: Sexual Assault & Sexual Misconduct in the CF  (Read 207194 times)

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
Re: Sexual Assault & Sexual Misconduct in the CF
« Reply #825 on: December 19, 2016, 14:34:19 »
Done effectively, it's precious little presentation and primarily people participating.

Just my point. We train presenters already. Facilitators? Not
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline Simian Turner

is a humbled, curious veteran!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Do the right thing; do the thing right!
« Reply #826 on: December 19, 2016, 16:00:39 »
Here's the TED Talk that the training is based off of: https://www.ted.com/talks/jackson_katz_violence_against_women_it_s_a_men_s_issue

This TED Talk is being touted a lot lately and quite frankly I did not find it very good. He is very emotional and invested but...much like the Bystander scenarios, is the best that can be offered in terms of setting standard?

University of Calgary has a program titled Respect in the Workplace:  http://respectintheworkplace.com/
The grand essentials of happiness: something to do, something to love, something to hope for.  Allan K. Chalmers

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #827 on: January 07, 2017, 06:44:17 »
And the military justice system carries on, finding someone NOT guilty ...
Yesterday (5 Jan 2017), Master Corporal Dustin Jackson was found not guilty by a standing court martial in Gatineau, Quebec.

The charges were related to an alleged sexual assault of a female member of the Canadian Armed Forces in Ottawa, Ontario in October, 2011, which was reported in January 2014.   
Quick Facts

Of the two charges which were preferred by the Director of Military Prosecutions on April 13, 2015, Military Judge, Lieutenant-Colonel Louis-Vincent d’Auteuil:

Found Master Corporal Jackson not guilty of one charge of sexual assault under section 130 of the National Defence Act (NDA) (section 271 Criminal Code of Canada).

Found Master Corporal Jackson not guilty of one charge of having behaved in a disgraceful manner under section 93 of the NDA.

The CAF takes all allegations of any form of sexual misconduct seriously and is committed to dealing with them as quickly as possible ...
“Most great military blunders stem from the good intentions of some high-ranking buffoon ...” – George MacDonald Fraser, "The Sheik and the Dustbin"

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #828 on: January 07, 2017, 08:51:56 »
which was reported in January 2014.
committed to dealing with them as quickly as possible

Is 3 years an average time for sexual assault cases to go to trial in the CF?

Offline Lightguns

• Rate Post
  • I live for trout and deer
« Reply #829 on: February 21, 2017, 06:42:46 »
The latest one in Shilo was 10 months from incident to charge.  Likely another year before trial. 
Done, 34 years, 43 days complete, got's me damn pension!

Offline Tcm621

• Rate Post
« Reply #830 on: February 21, 2017, 12:19:47 »
This TED Talk is being touted a lot lately and quite frankly I did not find it very good. He is very emotional and invested but...much like the Bystander scenarios, is the best that can be offered in terms of setting standard?

University of Calgary has a program titled Respect in the Workplace:  http://respectintheworkplace.com/
It makes me angry. I recently took the "respect in the CAF" course and we watch this video. While any message he had may have been good,  it is lost in the first 10 minutes with his self congratulatory , pro feminist, anti male tirade. His work maybe good but he is a terrible presenter and this is a Tedx talk for a women's empowerment group which may have tainted his message a lot.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk