Author Topic: Rations, Meal Claims, No Access to Mess Hall, Etc.--Merged  (Read 93992 times)

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: Meal claims on course
« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2016, 13:36:01 »
Is there a policy or entitlement for members having meals when on course and working out of area?

For example you're  a student on a comms course held out of your unit and when you show up for work you're told by course staff you'll be training out of the local area for the day.  No box lunches are provided and you won't be provided a meal claim so you're basically on your own.   Is that allowable?

Would a MTech (Spelling?) cover that?  Keep your receipts and make a claim at your OR; or is this no longer done?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2016, 13:48:18 »
I think you mean MTEC (Minor Travel Expense Claim) which I believe doesn't exist any more. We're doing all of ours on a CF 52 General Allowance Claim. Receipts are required (credit card slips are not sufficient, it needs to be the itemized receipt).

Your substantiation in this instance is:

CFTDI 5.01.b and CFTDI 5.18.2.f

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline kratz

Well into 2017.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • White Ensign
« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2016, 14:18:39 »
My spouse confirmed MTEC remain a valid claim, with clerks in your SHO / OR. The MTEC is done through ClaimsX.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline CountDC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Rations, Meal Claims, No Access to Mess Hall, Etc.--Merged
« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2016, 11:51:55 »
MTECs do exist and are still often used.

CFTDTI 5 would not apply in the case presented as stated "out of local area".  6 would be more of an area to look at.  If this applies then receipts would not be required. I suspect though that it was actually a case of alternative site within the local area which 5.a then would cover under 5.18 if all the conditions are met.

Of course the approving auth should be considering what is different between you having lunch at the regular site as opposed to the alternative site.  If you brought lunch with you anyway why couldn't you take it to the new location? Available meal facility is not absolute as a lunch room, that is provided as an example.  It could also be the classroom itself if you are allowed to eat there and considered suitable by the approving authority.  Some people also like to say because no microwave was available or they were not allowed to go for lunch until 1330h they should be allowed to claim even though their lunch is sandwich and salad brought from home. 

remember it is reasonable meal expenses. 

"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power....the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix [1942-1970]