Author Topic: Outdoor Gear Thread  (Read 119389 times)

Offline Eye In The Sky

• I can count to potato!
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: Outdoor Gear Thread
« Reply #275 on: July 01, 2017, 20:45:21 »
Summer is on the go...always looking for new little and big things.  Here's a little one we picked up at the last MEC visit.  No more spaghetti sauce fingers from the Mountain House bag, quite a bit cheaper than the other options (titanium).  Sold!

http://www.gsioutdoors.com/shop/dining/utensils/essential-spoon-long.html

Brought home a shiny new Penobscot 164.  That covers the big one for now I guess.   ;D
"Stop telling everyone I'm an *******; I like to see the look on their face when they realize it for themselves..."

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #276 on: July 01, 2017, 23:08:46 »
Summer is on the go...always looking for new little and big things.  Here's a little one we picked up at the last MEC visit.  No more spaghetti sauce fingers from the Mountain House bag, quite a bit cheaper than the other options (titanium).  Sold!

http://www.gsioutdoors.com/shop/dining/utensils/essential-spoon-long.html

Brought home a shiny new Penobscot 164.  That covers the big one for now I guess.   ;D

Been out for 4 years and still use the long spoon from IMPs. Still works. :)
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline Eye In The Sky

• I can count to potato!
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #277 on: July 02, 2017, 08:07:56 »
Hope you washed it a few times since then!   ;D
"Stop telling everyone I'm an *******; I like to see the look on their face when they realize it for themselves..."

Online Scott

- apparently an antagonist.

• Likes fire and loud noises.
  • Chief of Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • El Scorcho Diablo
« Reply #278 on: July 02, 2017, 10:44:35 »
I grabbed a similar long spoon a few years back to go with my minimalist pot set and cup. No complaints on either.

Also recently picked up a life straw. More for my truck than anything, but will use it for treks when they come.

Honestly, power tools have been taking up all of my time and spare cash. See the woodworking thread!  ;D
Be nice for no reason.

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #279 on: July 03, 2017, 01:13:15 »
Hope you washed it a few times since then!   ;D

Hell no. Where do you think the taste and texture come from. :)
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline Eye In The Sky

• I can count to potato!
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #280 on: July 03, 2017, 20:54:46 »
Also recently picked up a life straw. More for my truck than anything, but will use it for treks when they come.

I carry one on me at work and one if I am going anywhere's I *might* get lost.  $25 is worth it...haven't been able to justify the added expense of the steel (?) one for work purposes though...

Honestly, power tools have been taking up all of my time and spare cash. See the woodworking thread!  ;D

Making some shelves and stuff now?   8)

Offline Eye In The Sky

• I can count to potato!
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #281 on: July 03, 2017, 20:55:30 »
Hell no. Where do you think the taste and texture come from. :)

I never really thought of food as having *texture* before!   :blotto: