• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

6 Jan 2020 U.S. Events (Split from A Deeply Fractured US)

I really don't think there is much chance of that.

First: he's 74. Yes, I know Joe Biden in 78 but he was a compromise candidate, almost the last man standing for those Democrats who are actually more frightened of Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez than they are of Donald Trump.

Second: the GOP now has three years to reform itself and I suspect that by 2022 they will have some very attractive young conservatives ~ America First types ~ without much or Trump baggage.

My guess ~ waaaay too early, I know ~ is that in 2024 we see Kamala Harris vs Nikki Haley.

The Trumps, perhaps in the person of Ivanka Trump, are NOT dead and gone, but they are, for now, a spent force. I think that President Trump honestly believes that he should have won. I suspect that belief led him over the morally/politically acceptable edge and makes him toxic for a majority of Republicans. Most GOP legislators are not "rats deserting a sinking ship," thy are practical men and women who can see the future clearly ... and it is a future without Donald J Trump.

Governor Haley gave a good speech to the RNC the other day. She highlighted the several good things President Trump did in four years and asked Republicans to remember them and build on them; but, she said, in just a few days President Trump had nullified his legacy. He is, in effect, she suggested, damaged goods ~ too damaged to be rebuilt. Now, of course, she is positioning herself to be his successor so her remarks are self-serving ... but that doesn't make them wrong.

It seems to me that 'Trumpians' (the ones in Canada, too) must find a new champion.
Are they?

How many trump supporters are going to come out and vote as a solid bloc in the republican primaries? 2024 is going to depend on how crowded the field is, again, because if it is a big one, the support for non trump types are going to split while whatever trump or trump acolyte is running is going to probably still get 35-40 percent of the vote.

WaPo has put together a pretty well done account of events on the 6th, with considerable detail about what was going on as the Capitol fell. This is worth taking the time to read. It helps to convey the sheer confusion and panic that set in, as well as giving some context to specific events like the shooting of the insurrectionist just outside the House chamber while representatives were still inside- looks like that was a 'last line of defense' situation as I had guessed a few days back.

With an annual budget of $460 million dollars ($584,137,900 CDN) you would think the US Capitol Hill police could afford to run a few rehearsals.

WaPo has put together a pretty well done account of events on the 6th, with considerable detail about what was going on as the Capitol fell. This is worth taking the time to read. It helps to convey the sheer confusion and panic that set in, as well as giving some context to specific events like the shooting of the insurrectionist just outside the House chamber while representatives were still inside- looks like that was a 'last line of defense' situation as I had guessed a few days back.

A video captured by Igor Bobic, a congressional reporter for HuffPost on the scene, shows the officer trying to hold back a few dozen rioters who push him back and up the steps leading almost directly to the chamber.
For almost a minute, the officer held them back — at the exact moment that, inside the Senate, police were frantically racing around the chamber trying to lock down more than a dozen doors leading to the chamber floor and the galleries above.
“Second floor!” the officer yelled into his radio, alerting other officers and command that the mob had reached the precipice of the Senate.
Had the rioters turned right, they would have been a few feet away from the main entrance into the chamber. On the other side of that door, had they made their way into the Senate, were at least a half-dozen armed officers, including one with a semiautomatic weapon in the middle of the floor scanning each entrance for intruders.

At 51 seconds, if they had turned right instead of left, there would have been a lot more dead.

More infos are coming out and I'm speechless:

1qYuNXQ.jpg

Warning: graphic videos:

More infos are coming out and I'm speechless:

1qYuNXQ.jpg

Warning: graphic videos:

"We the people" in action.

Looks like something you see in 3rd world countries. I saw an article the other day that said something like 'perhaps another country that sees what is happening in America will consider invading America to save Americans from America'.

They are going to have trouble rebuilding their international reputation.

THOSE guys deserve grapeshot.
How terrifying that had to be for the cop who got separated and pulled into the crowd. I’m not sure his colleagues even realized he was down in there, either. Lucky a couple people in the crowd had the presence of mind to get around him and move him out. Because some of the others would have killed him given the chance.

Terrifying for sure. Hope images and videos like that cause Trump supporters to do some soul searching. Terrible.

Last edited:
Looks like we have a better idea how those tie-strap cuffs were likely intended to be used. If police were attempted cuffing targets, it wouldn’t surprise me if congressional members and staffs, had they ever been accessed, would also have been potential such targets.

Looks like we have a better idea how those tie-strap cuffs were likely intended to be used. If police were attempted cuffing targets, it wouldn’t surprise me if congressional members and staffs, had they ever been accessed, would also have been potential such targets.
Far less of a protest, much more of a insurrection

Plus the ga
I would also draw inferences from the hastily-constructed gallows that were on parade, and the repeated chants of “hang Mike Pence!”

Folks, I'm pretty sure we're above summary execution for rioters regardless of the political spectrum they occupy, so let's try to have some decorum.

-Milnet.ca Staff

The sweeping arrests of all those dumb enough to be identified and post live to social media has been the one bright spot of all of this.
That and the delicious attempts by various enablers to distance themselves and try and change the focus from them by saying we should focus on healing instead of their inaction. It was an insurrection fueled by DJT and enabled by Republicans and I hope they hold all parties responsible and the GOP feels the consequences of their choices for a long time.

Last edited:
Back