• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things CAF and Covid/ Covid Vaccine [merged]

Didn't you hear. We made the flu disappear. Nobody has caught or died of the flu in two years. No community infections, no social transfer. It's gone, disappeared. Don't worry, be happy! 🙄

😁😁🤙
While you’re obviously being kind of silly about this for dramatic effect, you’re not that far off. Influenza in humans has almost disappeared for the past year and a half; it’s been out-competed by COVID.

It’s funny. It’s almost like when all of a sudden all of society starts taking the hygiene, droplet and aerosol precautions that public health always tells us to do in flu season, we successfully stop flu from gaining any real traction. Neat, eh?

Unfortunately, Influenza has natural reservoirs in agricultural stocks, and evolves and moves to humans from there, so it’ll be back. But yes, that may give us a sense of what living with COVID may look like once we’re past the point of hospital capacity being under threat.

I've heard some complain about what the free market has been doing re: companies making tons of money from vaccines during high demand who also say, "we saw nursing shortages pre-covid because of socialized medicine." So the private sector would have done a better job in health HR and not wanted to make a buck under higher demand? Just like gasoline prices go down when more people buy, right? ;)
Some people hate capitalism.

And yet, over how many years have we had to get a slightly different vaccination against the flu every year because of different variants & combinations without people questioning the science? I guess all that was incorrect, too?

I've never had to get the flu shot. In fact I've never taken it. It's my understanding it's never been a mandatory vaccination.

I think it's funny that anyone who questions the vaccinations is some kind of heretic and social pariah.

Politicians are liars and corrupt, big pharma is notoriously corrupt and Science is proven wrong all the time by more science, and they've made big mistakes with medicines before. But we are supposed to be unquestioning in the sudden virtue of these three groups. Most of whom stand to profit in various ways from our obedience and consumption.

I mean I have my shots, because I have a young family and I can't afford to go with out a job. But I can understand other people's trepidation.

I know it's typically bad form to quote yourself, but here's what I wrote on influenza earlier in the year:

As someone who provides direct patient care in an ER, let me fill in some gaps:

There are several reasons why influenza is perceived to be not as bad as previous years. Firstly, the infection control methods are working; masks, handwashing, and distance work. Secondly, the uptake for the flu vaccine, at least in Canada, was greatly increased this year. Thirdly, the R0 value globally for influenza is approximately 1.3, year over year. With Covid, it's currently 5.3. This means that each person infected with flu might subsequently infect 1.3 other persons, where one Covid case might create 5.3 others. It's important to note that the R0 value can change based on a number of conditions, and I would expect that the R0 value for influenza for this year will be less than 1.0. Finally, we're not testing as agressively for influenza as we might have in the past. Partly because we're focused on Covid, and partly because influenza will respond to the same treatments as Covid. Currently the R0 value in Winnipeg is estimated at 2.6.

I would expect the R0 value for Covid to increase given that early data for Omicron shows that it replicates 70 times faster in the bronchi than the other variants, thereby explaining its increased transmissability. Further, it appears to replicate 10 times more slowly in lung tissue, which may shed light on why it looks like it may cause less severe disease.

If we pick up our socks on the infection control front again, then it would be reasonable to suggest that we would once again see less influenza this year.

I think it's funny that anyone who questions the vaccinations is some kind of heretic and social pariah.

Politicians are liars and corrupt, big pharma is notoriously corrupt and Science is proven wrong all the time by more science, and they've made big mistakes with medicines before. But we are supposed to be unquestioning in the sudden virtue of these three groups. Most of whom stand to profit in various ways from our obedience and consumption.

I mean I have my shots, because I have a young family and I can't afford to go with out a job. But I can understand other people's trepidation.
For the first time in history, the ineffectiveness of a vaccine is being blamed on those that won't take it.

Let's also not forget its most likely poor science that got us into this mess... Wuhan Laboratory I'm looking at you.
Very possibly so. That doesn't mean the completely separate and distinct research teams that have developed vaccines are malevolent or ineffective.

Hep B needs three jabs - if we need to keep boosting every year to eradicate this virus, sobeit.
Those in the restaurant/food handling industry have had to get Hep B boosters every 5 years, never heard complaining about that. I got it twice in my 12 years as a chef.

I didn't say that. My point is the all holy alter of science and medicine is as fallable and open to corruption as any other human endeavor.

Conduct yourself accordingly.
It's not holy, but it's the best we got, and overall it does pretty well. Don't forget that the researchers, executives, and financiers behind the vaccine projects are all as impacted by what this is doing to society as the rest of us. They're getting their vaccines too, and they certainly know more about it than you or I.

It's not holy, but it's the best we got, and overall it does pretty well. Don't forget that the researchers, executives,a nd financiers behind the vaccine projects are all as impacted by what this is doing to society as the rest of us. They're getting their vaccines too, and they certainly know more about it than you or I.

I'm quite sure I've seen enough evidence that falls in the "rules for thee but not for me" category in the last two years. Some of it first hand.

I agree it's all we got. Where we disagree is you trust their motives, I don't. I have no problems believing big pharma is interested in keeping this constantly moving goal post we call vaccinated, moving. It makes them Uber dollars.

I apologize. Proper Belgique beret forming for all Alcan headdress forthwith.
Do you have an example of that? We'd love to see it....

On the COVID subject Manitoba will be under a semi lockdown over Christmas - AGAIN. Hockey tournaments - cancelled.

NHL Cancelled? NO - the arena can only have 50% capacity.

I'm calling bullshit on this one. We - 76% of us here have done what has been asked of us and 24% refuse to do what I think is right. Mind you I'm close to being a fossil anyways.

... We - 76% of us here have done what has been asked of us and 24% refuse to do what I think is right ...
Careful, some may think you're turning some people into ....
... some kind of heretic(s) and social pariah(s).
😉
... On the COVID subject Manitoba will be under a semi lockdown over Christmas - AGAIN. Hockey tournaments - cancelled.

NHL Cancelled? NO - the arena can only have 50% capacity ....
Sadly, money talks - and can twist arms .... :cry:

I'm quite sure I've seen enough evidence that falls in the "rules for thee but not for me" category in the last two years. Some of it first hand.

I agree it's all we got. Where we disagree is you trust their motives, I don't. I have no problems believing big pharma is interested in keeping this constantly moving goal post we call vaccinated, moving. It makes them Uber dollars.
The Opiate Crisis would like their "pain management" pills back. Or how about Mefloquine and Agent Orange? No never happened right 🤣

Never let a good crisis go to waste is what they say.

I am skeptical about everything the Government or anyone else tells me. I am vaccinated and I think people in the CAF should have to be vaccinated but I don't believe in vaccine passports or mandatory vaccinations for those not subject to unlimited liability. I think people should be able to make their own choices about what they put in to their bodies and it's nobody elses business.

That being said, if I was a civilian, I would get a vaccine ATT but it would be my choice and it would be nobody elses business whether I was vaccinated or not.

The Government is the type of organization that will break your leg and rather than apologize, hand you a set of crappy wooden crutches and lament why you aren't thanking them for giving you crutches?

Well said. Far more eloquent then my drive by smears. You’ve captured my sentiment exactly.

Back