• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The new queens platinum jubilee medal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougharf17

Inactive
Reaction score
If I order a queens platinum jubilee medal straight from england, am I as a veteran allowed to wear it as canada is on the list of eligible countries to receive the medal?JubileeMedal.png

. . ., am I as a veteran allowed to wear it . . .

Unless you're still serving in the British Forces on 6 February 2022, apparently you don't get the medal.

The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Medal will be awarded to serving Armed Forces personnel with five years’ service on 6 February 2022. The medal will not be available to veterans who left before that date.

Read the response in full
Jubilee Medals have been awarded since Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee to mark significant anniversaries in the reign of the Monarch. Jubilee medals are traditionally awarded, primarily, to members of the Royal Household, the Armed Forces and the Emergency Services in service on the date of the anniversary of the Monarch’s accession. For Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Medal, similar arrangements will apply for the Armed Forces as did for the Golden and Diamond Jubilees and serving personnel with five full calendar years of service on 6th February 2022 will be eligible for the medal.

The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Medal is a commemorative medal that celebrates this historic anniversary and is awarded to those in service at the time of the Jubilee itself. It is not a gallantry medal, a campaign medal, nor a long service and good conduct medal. It is only personnel currently serving on the date of the Jubilee who are eligible for the medal.

The fact that Jubilee medals are not extended to veterans in no way diminishes the esteem in which they are held by Her Majesty, the Government and the people of the United Kingdom.

Ministry of Defence

You're a civilian. Wear what you want.
No, it would still be stolen valour if you aren't actually presented with it. First, you cannot order the QPJM, it's not something that you can buy. If a Canadian were to be legitimately awarded the British QPJM, or any other Commonwealth nation for that matter, they would be allowed to wear it after Canadian medals like any other approved Commonwealth or foreign medal.

For reference to the discussion,

3 pages.

No, it would still be stolen valour if you aren't actually presented with it. First, you cannot order the QPJM, it's not something that you can buy. If a Canadian were to be legitimately awarded the British QPJM, or any other Commonwealth nation for that matter, they would be allowed to wear it after Canadian medals like any other approved Commonwealth or foreign medal.

I laughed when you put the terms "stolen valour" and "jubilee medal" together in the same sentence.

I assumed from his post that one could order one if they were eligible. That sounds like just as good a process as how Canada awarded the last jubilee medals....

I laughed when you put the terms "stolen valour" and "jubilee medal" together in the same sentence.

I assumed from his post that one could order one if they were eligible. That sounds like just as good a process as how Canada awarded the last jubilee medals....

I can think of a better way to qualify ;)

Season 4 All Valley Tournament GIF by NETFLIX

Just one guy’s opinion, but: don’t. Anyone who knows medals would see it and immediately recognize something as not passing the sniff test. Best case, a bunch of your peers think you’re some idiot poser and let you know about it. Worst case, there are some internet vigilantes with a serious hard on for ‘stolen Valour’ (yes, even Jubes) who will make it their business to essentially harass the hell out of you.

Canada is not issuing a QPJM, it looks like. Don’t be ‘that guy’. Nothing good comes of it. If you want a gong, go volunteer with St. John’s Ambulance or something.

The last couple stolen valour cases for serving members involved were jubilee medals and Canada 125, etc. This included one member who was wearing four of them that he was not awarded.

The last couple stolen valour cases for serving members involved were jubilee medals and Canada 125, etc. This included one member who was wearing four of them that he was not awarded.
He was a bit greedy going for the Queen’s Silver Jubilee from 1977… 😆

Is that the chump who had his legitimate Order of Military Merit revoked as a result of getting caught wearing unearned jubes? That one was funny.

Is that the chump who had his legitimate Order of Military Merit revoked as a result of getting caught wearing unearned jubes? That one was funny

Yup.

If you're desperate for meaningless 'medals,' join the Legion. Buy a square foot of Scotland and call yourself Lord or Lady. There's no shortage of motorcycle clubs where you can put any assortment of pretty patches on your vest (recommend one say "Veteran" because simply "Vet" could have you mistaken for a veterinarian, and you'll be pestered for advice on Poodles and Pomeranians).

Is that the chump who had his legitimate Order of Military Merit revoked as a result of getting caught wearing unearned jubes? That one was funny.
No, that was a different one, but this is one of the other cases I was referring to. It's not too hard to find these people out, there is a complete list of everyone who was awarded the QGJM, QDJM, and a bunch of others on the GG's website. It's even easier than CD's and tour medals because those ones aren't listed there.

If you're desperate for meaningless 'medals,' join the Legion. Buy a square foot of Scotland and call yourself Lord or Lady. There's no shortage of motorcycle clubs where you can put any assortment of pretty patches on your vest (recommend one say "Veteran" because simply "Vet" could have you mistaken for a veterinarian, and you'll be pestered for advice on Poodles and Pomeranians).
Or you can also join the Legion of Frontiersmen where you can get a lot of spiffy medals and a uniform.

Legion of Frontiersmen Canada Command
Legion of Frontiersmen British Scandinavian Detachment
Legion of Frontiersmen GB

Disclaimer. A Frontiersman is not a member of the Armed Forces or law enforcement agency. It does allow you to be part of the fantassian organization to play the role of a soldier even though you are not trained to be one.

Or you can also join the Legion of Frontiersmen where you can get a lot of spiffy medals and a uniform.

Disclaimer. A Frontiersman is not a member of the Armed Forces or law enforcement agency. It does allow you to be part of the fantassian organization to play the role of a soldier even though you are not trained to be one.
Well that took me down a rabbit hole for 10 minutes that I will never get back…

Reading their webpage they have infantry and artillery "units" lol

Last edited:
This always gets me. I've known a few guys who get out of the Military, join a motorcycle club, start getting more in to the scene then next thing you know, they are full patch 1%ers lol

Makes no bloody sense 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back