• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CRCN 38 Flag Hoist

FSTO

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Para 4 gives me hope

SUBJ:VICE-ADMIRAL ANGUS TOPSHEE FLAG HOIST SIGNAL
1. I AM PROUD TO ASSUME COMMAND OF THE ROYAL CANADIAN NAVY. IN THIS
ERA OF DIMINISHED TRUST IN SENIOR LEADERSHIP, I RECOGNIZE THAT I MUST
EARN YOUR CONFIDENCE. I PROMISE THAT THE RCN WILL PLACE AS MUCH
IMPORTANCE ON CHARACTER AS IT DOES ON COMPETENCE AND THAT WE WILL BE
FAIR, EQUITABLE, AND TRANSPARENT IN FACING THE CHALLENGES THAT
CONFRONT OUR NAVY TODAY

2. MY MAIN FOCUS AND THE TOP PRIORITY FOR THE RCN IS TO ATTRACT,
RECRUIT, AND TRAIN AS MANY SAILORS AS POSSIBLE FROM ACROSS THE FULL
SPECTRUM OF CANADIANS. THIS WILL TAKE A COLLECTIVE EFFORT ACROSS THE
ENTIRE INSTITUTION. SUCCESS HERE WILL EASE THE BURDEN ON ALL THOSE
SAILORS WHO ARE WORKING HARD TO OVERCOME OUR PRESENT SHORTAGE OF
PERSONNEL

3. WE CAN ONLY SUCCEED IF WE CREATE A WELCOMING, INCLUSIVE AND
ENABLING ENVIRONMENT FOR OUR NEW SAILORS AS WELL AS EVERYONE SERVING
TODAY. I AM COMMITTED TO ENSURING THAT EVERY MEMBER OF THE NAVY TEAM,
MILITARY AND CIVILIAN, PART TIME AND FULL TIME, IS EMPOWERED TO
PERFORM TO THEIR FULL POTENTIAL AND THAT THEY NEVER DOUBT THAT WE
VALUE AND APPRECIATE THEIR HARD WORK

4. FINALLY, WORLD EVENTS HAVE MADE IT CLEAR THAT WE MUST BE A NAVY

THAT IS READY TO FIGHT. I SINCERELY HOPE THAT WE ARE NEVER TESTED IN

COMBAT BUT, SHOULD THAT COME TO PASS, WE MUST BE READY AS THE LIVES

OF OUR SAILORS AND SHIPMATES DEPEND UPON IT. THAT STARTS BY BEING

HONEST ABOUT HOW THINGS ARE, NOT HOW WE WANT THEM TO BE

5. VICE-ADMIRAL TOPSHEE SENDS

END OF ENGLISH TEXT/DEBUT DU TEXTE FRANCAIS

Pretty to the point. Hopefully this isn't more smoke and mirrors.

Proceed with caution - I'm the guy who declared that Art MacDonald was a good egg just a few months before they gave him the boot.
Angus is a smart cookie. I'd be shocked if he hasn't confirmed the danger buoys positions and has shaped a course to steer clear of the dangers.

Angus is a smart cookie. I'd be shocked if he hasn't confirmed the danger buoys positions and has shaped a course to steer clear of the dangers.
I'd be more optimistic if I thought things weren't heavily filtered on the way up, although I think he's genuinely a great leader so more pessimistic about the institution than optimistic about him personnally.

Lot of things in DRMIS are signed off but don't actually work, so the dashboards are way off, and there are so many defects logged in the system on each ship no one wants to figure out how they aggregate, so the basic risk management we do is a bit of window dressing.

Have noticed the number of OPDEFs have generally fallen off a cliff as well, and it's not because ships are in better shape.

Hopefully wrong, and we'll park a few ships and start retiring others to actually crew things properly.

I was his CERA on ALG in 2010/11. Deployed for a RIMPAC and then South America for Op CARIBBE. Firm but fair with a refreshing lack of bullshit would be be my overall take. The latter comes across in his message.

I wish him well, he's got his work cut out for him.

I was his CERA on ALG in 2010/11. Deployed for a RIMPAC and then South America for Op CARIBBE. Firm but fair with a refreshing lack of bullshit would be be my overall take. The latter comes across in his message.

I wish him well, he's got his work cut out for him.

Precisely ;)

I mentored Angus in 1998 and was impressed then with his character and leadership style. I wish him fair winds and success in leading the RCN.

I’ve sailed with Angus on two deployments. He is a no bullshit, smart dude (his 80% day is pretty much anyone else’s 100%, firing on all cylinders, day).

I wish him well, but fear that there are forces outside of his control conspiring against him.

I’ve sailed with Angus on two deployments. He is a no bullshit, smart dude (his 80% day is pretty much anyone else’s 100%, firing on all cylinders, day).

I wish him well, but fear that there are forces outside of his control conspiring against him.
Have the new Comd CA or Comd RCAF sent out their equivalent messages yet?

Incoming CCA has Master's degree in Anthropology, from before joining the Reg F.

So not a crayon eater.

Finally, someone who will 'get' the Infantry ;)

lawyer caveman GIF

Back