• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal World Order

I love the British Empire, because the alternatives were all worse.
Come on, admit it deep down in your heart, you know that life would be better under the THESE UNITED NORTH AMERICAN STATES ;)

In case anyone wants to look at the whole thing ....
So here I go to get on my soapbox

This toolkit was adapted from Confronting White Nationalism in Schools
Why just White Nationalism - why not ALL LIVES MATTER etc.

Page 2 and 3 are entirely dedicated to the threat of White Nationalism - and Page 4 is the first time that the pamphlet delves into Non White Hate - but it ties it to misogyny, anti LGBTQ, etc
Page 5 is a half page about women in hate groups, and gives an excuse
They will often feel a need to prove themselves to the cause, and to boys and men who inherently undervalue their existence. They are almost inevitably subject to abuse.
Pages 6-11 are more on different types of White Nationalist Hate

12-13 are about Social Media types and how they are used by White Nationalists.
14-15 How to use the tool kit
16-18 Discussion of Anonymous Hate Speech, Symbols (hate related vandalism), how to identify and deal with as parents and school personnel.

The remaining pages describe issues - then offer recommended approaches to identify and deal with the issues.

Now what I find interesting is the same sort of material is FOUO/LEO for several terrorist organizations.
Can you imagine what would occur if you put "How to confront Muslim Extremism in Schools"
Because that is all this is - with changes to the target.

Wind it in, he didn’t say that. “Co-opting” means someone else is taking and misusing something, and that’s literally been happening for decades. If you want dozens of examples of same, Kurt Philips has documented of them and has helpfully compiled them in response to the exact sort of reflexive lashing out you’re displaying now. The Red Ensign is NOT inherently a hate symbol, but a whole lot of really terrible people and groups have latched onto it to try to highlight Canada’s very white heritage. But don’t take my word for it; read up. Just because you haven’t seen it doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened quite a lot.

Then what is the issue with taking back the Red Ensign from the far right morons? But no, our "leadership" will just knuckle under and give it away.

Then what is the issue with taking back the Red Ensign from the far right morons? But no, our "leadership" will just knuckle under and give it away.
How do you stop someone from using it??

Something I actually argued in school in a history class organised debate. Keep in my this was a French school where anything English was bad. My point was that if it had been any other colonial power at the time there wouldn’t be too many French Canadians today…at least my ancestors lost to the least worst of them.
Yep, if the Yanks had won Canada during the ARW or 1812 Quebec today would be a colder version of Louisiana.

Page 2 and 3 are entirely dedicated to the threat of White Nationalism - and Page 4 is the first time that the pamphlet delves into Non White Hate - but it ties it to misogyny, anti LGBTQ, etc
They will often feel a need to prove themselves to the cause, and to boys and men who inherently undervalue their existence. They are almost inevitably subject to abuse.

16-18 Discussion of Anonymous Hate Speech, Symbols (hate related vandalism), how to identify and deal with as parents and school personnel.

The remaining pages describe issues - then offer recommended approaches to identify and deal with the issues.

Now what I find interesting is the same sort of material is FOUO/LEO for several terrorist organizations.
Can you imagine what would occur if you put "How to confront Muslim Extremism in Schools"
In the early to mid 2000’s there were actually a few resources that tackled that sort of thing with resources for teachers, students and parent about Radicalising and violent extremism. Given that Islamic terrorism was the flavour of the day.

If we look at the timeline when the 15 million dollar anti hate program was launched and or announced in 2020, Canada saw a record breaking year for hate related crime. So I imagine this was one response to that.

So the flavour of the day is my guess. It’s a very specific toolkit dealing with something specific within the purview of that organisation’s mission statement and goals. It’s goal was to study and confront Canadian Hate Groups. Several other non gvt organisations received funding for very specific things as well.

How do you stop someone from using it??
You cannot stop bad people from using it, but the government can make an official statement that this flag represented Canada from the 1930's until 1965 and is an honoured and respected symbol of this nation. And maybe on each anniversary of the raising of the Maple Leaf that they fly the Red Ensign at the Peace Tower and have a ceremony of lowering the Ensign and raising the Maple Leaf. Quick and easy and will show the nation that the Ensign is a respectable symbol of the nation.

Come on, admit it deep down in your heart, you know that life would be better under the THESE UNITED NORTH AMERICAN STATES ;)
There is a lot of merit to this.

It’s a shame that the far right has co-opted, or culturally appropriated, the Red Ensign. Although it happened before I was born, I found the whole flag debate divisive and undemocratic. When proposing a fundamental change to a core symbol of the nation, the nation’s citizens should have a say. Countries usually fundamentally change their symbols after revolutions, not “just because”.

I like it for aesthetic and historical reasons. I am sickened that others use it as a symbol of white nationalism, but I can’t take that away from them anymore than I can take the Maple Leaf flag from the “freedom convoy”.

I note that in New Zealand, and I think Australia, both countries rejected ditching their Blue Ensigns in referenda, despite high levels of republicanism and anti-British opinion.

... maybe on each anniversary of the raising of the Maple Leaf that they fly the Red Ensign at the Peace Tower and have a ceremony of lowering the Ensign and raising the Maple Leaf. Quick and easy and will show the nation that the Ensign is a respectable symbol of the nation.
I like that sort of ceremony/ritual for a "showing & respecting the transition" narrative.

Can't win for losing, though, once it's even partially appropriated.

Those on one side who already appropriate it could run the "up, then down, then replaced by the Maple Leaf" video over ominous music to amplify their own "we're being replaced, put in the basement in storage and ignored, just like the flag" narrative.

To be scrupulously fair, the other end of the spectrum could also appropriate the same video saying something to the effect of, "that was then - that some want to go back to - but this is the new now."

Thanks for the time to look/comment in detail - now if only voters would go over platforms this way :)

I like that sort of ceremony/ritual for a "showing & respecting the transition" narrative.

Can't win for losing, though, once it's even partially appropriated.

Those on one side who already appropriate it could run the "up, then down, then replaced by the Maple Leaf" video over ominous music to amplify their own "we're being replaced, put in the basement in storage and ignored, just like the flag" narrative.

To be scrupulously fair, the other end of the spectrum could also appropriate the same video saying something to the effect of, "that was then - that some want to go back to - but this is the new now."
You are likely right, but it sickens me that our "leaders" will allow our symbols to be co-opted so easily.

I remember during the Proud Boys incident in Halifax a few years ago, the native protestors were calling the ensign a "racist" flag, so maybe the damage has gone too far to be corrected. I seem to recall that the Maple Leaf has been regularly defaced by many protestors across the political spectrum but now after the trucker occupation Canadians are traumatized by the Maple Leaf?

Anyone nostalgic for the red ensign may, or may not, find this discussion of interest,

Saw this last week in reply to the U.S. annexing Canada,

No you won't. 10 new states. 20 new Democratic Senators!

I have always laughed at this. In High School text books had a piece about the US "taking over" Canada. I have always maintained that it would never happen because of that one tiny fact. Even if Canada enters as 1 State or 3 states or more. The GOP would never go for it.

Conversely I have never understood why the Dems wouldn't love the idea. LOL

We have the most perfect defence of a country in the history of the world. The US defends us from everyone else. And the US constitution defends us against the US! It's beautiful.

Ah, great, yet another document that pushes the idea that women are children incapable of thinking for themselves and not responsible adults.

Gross.

Ah, great, yet another document that pushes the idea that women are children incapable of thinking for themselves and not responsible adults.

Gross.

Well, that seems to be the preferred approach for some other policies pursued by Liberal governments like Trudeau is leading, e.g.,

Trudeau's party passes bill to regulate social media, streaming​

Canadian lawmakers passed a controversial bill that aims to regulate programming distributed by media streaming services and social platforms like Facebook and YouTube, a measure that critics warn could infringe on individual speech.

The legislation drafted by Justin Trudeau’s government, known as Bill C-10, is meant to subject tech giants to the same requirements as traditional broadcasters -- effectively compelling companies like Netflix Inc. and TikTok Inc. to finance and promote Canadian content. It’s among the most far-reaching plans by governments anywhere to regulate the algorithms tech companies use to amplify or recommend content.

And, in an age when everyone is a potential publisher, the Act to Amend the Broadcasting Act could affect individual expression on social media and other digital platforms that rely on user-generated content.

It’s unclear whether the bill will become law, however. The legislation needs to win passage through the Senate, a process that could be pre-empted by an election later this year that would effectively kill the bill.

Trudeau’s government hailed its passage. “There are other issues we have to address when it comes to broadcasting and creation, and we will,” Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault said during the final debate Monday evening. “Bill C-10 is a first step in that direction.”

“From my view, that’s pretty clear government regulation of speech, saying some content gets prioritized and other content get deprioritized,” Geist said.

Trudeau's party passes bill to regulate social media, streaming - BNN Bloomberg

Back