• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

And his ex-Son-in-Law is a close runner up, I believe.

There’s a few hangers at YHZ where Auroras get worked on…it’s quite interesting to see it all happening.

Since everyone else is using it, Canada will insist on a bespoke and useless alternative.
“Canada” as in RCAF, or “Canada” as in DND writ large, or “Canada” as in GoC?

CDR article on the CMMA and the P8

prayer GIF

I don’t think the RCAF is looking to buy sub-standard aircraft. Specifically on this one, the LRP fleet isn’t. What we get, if we get anything, will not be determined by us or the RCAF at the end of the day.

I don’t think the RCAF is looking to buy sub-standard aircraft. Specifically on this one, the LRP fleet isn’t. What we get, if we get anything, will not be determined by us or the RCAF at the end of the day.
A pragmatic split-fleet (I know, I know…trust me…not optimal) that could give the RCAF what it truly needs (P3) and what the Government wants (for arguments sake, sets say the DeHavilland/PAL P4) might be the least of the evils to get capability AND support Canadian industry in an *aviation mini-equivalent of the NSS program.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, Boeing Canada (based out of Winnipeg) and is a major supplier to the parent company. The city votes liberal most of the time and its located in Western Canada so there is a dual win for the current GoC.
Just go out and buy the bloody things already.

Ya ya, "But the process Don, it's always the PROCESS!!!!!!!"

From the website
Boeing Winnipeg is one of the largest aerospace composite manufacturers in Canada. The company employs more than 1,000 people in 800,000 square feet of space in two locations in the city.

Boeing Winnipeg produces over 500 end item composite parts and assemblies for Boeing Commercial Airplanes. Major products include wing to body fairings, engine strut forward fairings, engine strut aft fairings, landing gear doors, and engine inlet inner barrels. Boeing Winnipeg designs and manufactures many innovative parts for the 787 Dreamliner as a Tier I partner to the program.

A pragmatic split-fleet (I know, I know…trust me…not optimal) that could give the RCAF what it truly needs (P3) and what the Government wants (for arguments sake, sets say the DeHavilland/PAL P4) might be the least of the evils to get capability AND support Canadian industry in an airboat ion mini-equivalent of the NSS program.
what is the purpose in having a patrol aircraft that can't eliminate the enemy? What does it do, send a telegram to ask that it depart forthwith or else?

Jesus Christ, Boeing Canada (based out of Winnipeg) and is a major supplier to the parent company. The city votes liberal most of the time and its located in Western Canada so there is a dual win for the current GoC.
Just go out and buy the bloody things already.

Ya ya, "But the process Don, it's always the PROCESS!!!!!!!"

From the website
Boeing Winnipeg is one of the largest aerospace composite manufacturers in Canada. The company employs more than 1,000 people in 800,000 square feet of space in two locations in the city.

Boeing Winnipeg produces over 500 end item composite parts and assemblies for Boeing Commercial Airplanes. Major products include wing to body fairings, engine strut forward fairings, engine strut aft fairings, landing gear doors, and engine inlet inner barrels. Boeing Winnipeg designs and manufactures many innovative parts for the 787 Dreamliner as a Tier I partner to the program.
Winnipeg......your response answers itself.

Back