• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

The Canadian version....

I went to lunch today since I was downtown in the office at Cafe Landwer in Toronto, where the protestors chanted outside of the place 10 days or so ago, 'Boycott', 'Boycott'. At 12:25 the place was packed, with a line up out the door about about 17-20 people waiting to get in. Great meal, brought home a bunch of pastries for the family to enjoy tomorrow and the next over breakfast.

A major problem for the Anglosphere is the lack of a Gendarmerie, those paramilitaries that the Europeans rely on to supply mass when confronting riots and insurrection.

Our police don't have the numbers and our military is .... unused .... to taking on the task.
It isn’t that, it is that we lack the will to use Law Enforcement to their potential in these situations.

Every major Western City has the ability to push a great deal of Law Enforcement at a crisis for a limited time.

The problem is not the lack of Law Enforcement personnel, it’s a lack of a spine of 1) Police Administrators 2) Elected Officials

It isn’t that, it is that we lack the will to use Law Enforcement to their potential in these situations.

Every major Western City has the ability to push a great deal of Law Enforcement at a crisis for a limited time.

The problem is not the lack of Law Enforcement personnel, it’s a lack of a spine of 1) Police Administrators 2) Elected Officials

We had the manpower for the G20 protests.

But I am worried for our Remembrance Day events, I'm sure they are going to be targeted by protesters.

But I am worried for our Remembrance Day events, I'm sure they are going to be targeted by protesters.
One would hope that the CAF CoC have already communicated with Law Enforcement, even if it’s the unit level talking to their local LE.

Frankly given that Nov 11 has national and international significance, I would hope that no quarter is given to those who would seek to protest at those events.

As I recall the 2001 Quebec City Riots and the 2010 Toronto Riots pretty much stripped the constabulary nationally. Even the Ottawa truckers required significant reinforcement of the local force. And those were events of limited duration that were well-telegraphed.

What is necessary in the era of the Flash Mob?

Further to my earlier point about how messy things are.

A hard-Left activist who was filmed leading chants of “from the river to the sea” at a pro-Palestinian rally is an adviser to the police on their response to protests over the Israel-Hamas conflict, The Telegraph can disclose.

Attiq Malik, a solicitor who has also railed against “global censorship by the Zionists”, was present in the police operations room during protests last month.

A video uncovered by The Telegraph shows Mr Malik instigating chants of “from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free” in 2021, a slogan described by Downing Street as “deeply offensive” to many.

The disclosure of his role is likely to further embarrass the Metropolitan Police after weeks of criticism of the force’s handling of protests at which officers took no action in response to calls for “jihad”.

It comes after The Telegraph revealed last week that Mohammed Kozbar, a prominent mosque chairman who praised the founder of Hamas, has been advising the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) as part of a “scrutiny panel” on hate crime.

And likely to become messier -

With a group of friends, I will be heading on the morning of Saturday November 11 to the statue of Winston Churchill in Parliament Square. We don’t have any particular plan, no flags, no placards, no chants (except maybe, “Never Again!” in memory of the Holocaust). At 5ft 4 in my cotton socks, I wouldn’t be much use in a scrap anyway, but I want to use such strength as I have to stand up for our wonderful country, to venerate our dead, to wrap my arms around our statues, our culture and our traditions.

A friend in Surrey said she overheard her 18-year-old and his mates planning to go up to London this Saturday to “defend our country”. If the police and the Government refuse to remove this disrespectful, toxic bunch from our streets, don’t be surprised if people step in to do it for them.

Mr Mercer, a former Army captain who served in Afghanistan, said he had spent the past few days trying to dissuade veterans’ groups from organising counter-protests on Saturday that could lead to clashes with pro-Palestinian marchers.

It is not as if they police haven't banned protests before - and some quite recently.

...ruefully conceded by one young copper when an irate veteran asked him why he was telling people not to display Union Jacks while ignoring thousands of Palestinian flags. “There are more of them than us,” he said glumly.

Meanwhile, ... the Met told Christian Action Against Antisemitism to cancel a prayer walk in Golders Green after police received intelligence that the anti-Israel mob were going to attack the marchers. The “Never Again is Now” event has been rescheduled for November 19. It’s a Sunday since, as one organiser sadly put it, “Saturdays are hijacked in our capital because of the threat of violence and inadequacies of the police.”

And likely to become messier -

It is not as if they police haven't banned protests before - and some quite recently.

Sadly, I feel having escalating and violent counter protests play right into the motives of entities like Hamas.

All of which can be prevented if the law makers just used the tools they have available to them.

At the end of the day, Hamas don't care about the lives of a few protesters, even one's protesting for them. They don't even care about the civilians under their protection. They are all a political tool to make the west and it's allies look bad, at any cost.

Further to my earlier point about how messy things are.

That isn’t messy, it’s a shit show that the Met brought on themselves.

As I recall the 2001 Quebec City Riots and the 2010 Toronto Riots pretty much stripped the constabulary nationally. Even the Ottawa truckers required significant reinforcement of the local force. And those were events of limited duration that were well-telegraphed.

What is necessary in the era of the Flash Mob?
Do you want to contain the Rioters or Pacify them?
How much force are you willing to use to restore public order?
It requires a lot less personnel to read the riot act, wait 5 min and apply the 5.55mm negotiator.

I’m also a big Judge Dredd fan ;)

If you aren’t willing to go full kinetic, then your manpower requirements start to grow.
Even water cannon and CN/CS/OC won’t disperse a dedicated group, so you then need your folks to go hands on to acquire the customers.

If you’re not willing to break them up, then your manpower requirements go up even higher to barricade.

I’m not very tolerant - so I’d opt for the fastest permanent solution.
I call it Disperse or Die.

Sadly, I feel having escalating and violent counter protests play right into the motives of entities like Hamas.

All of which can be prevented if the law makers just used the tools they have available to them.

At the end of the day, Hamas don't care about the lives of a few protesters, even one's protesting for them. They don't even care about the civilians under their protection. They are all a political tool to make the west and it's allies look bad, at any cost.

I agree with you on the counter-protests entirely. Mob violence is one of the reasons we have police in the first place. Call up the Specials.

1699394708714.png

I have some empathy for the non combatant civilians of Palestine being caught in the middle of this, but I look at them with suspicion as well, because I believe they would be cheering in the streets if the momentum was swinging the other direction.
Same here. I have empathy Palestinians in Gaza suffering but it's mixed with a healthy dose of "Well what did you expect?"

Let's be honest though. Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank were cheering on October 7th. Full celebration mode.

Palestinians and other supporters around the world immediately took to the streets in record time to celebrate under the guise of support.

Hamas has more support than people seem to want to believe, or rather, admit to.

Last edited:
Hamas has more support than people seem to want to believe, or rather admit to.
There are a lot of people in Canada hoping that if they ignore the ugly reality in front of them, it will go away and leave them in peace.

Back during Afghanistan I called those types the "Friends" generation, people more concerned with what was happening in the show than what was happening in real life. Those same types are now burying their heads in the sand regarding the nastiness right here at home.

Meanwhile

‘Laws created by Parliament are clear’​

In a statement issued on Tuesday evening, Sir Mark (Metropolitan Police Commissioner) insisted police would do everything in their power to ensure that Remembrance commemorations pass off without disruption.

Explaining the Met’s position, he said: “The reason we have an independent police service is so that among debate, opinion, emotion and conflict, we stand in the centre, focused simply on the law and the facts in front of us.

“The laws created by Parliament are clear. There is no absolute power to ban protests, therefore there will be a protest this weekend.

The law provides no mechanism to ban a static gathering of people. It contains legislation which allows us to impose conditions to reduce disruption and the risk of violence, and in the most extreme cases, when no other tactics can work, for marches or moving protests to be banned.

“Many have called for us to use this power to ban a planned march by the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign on Saturday.

“But the use of this power is incredibly rare and must be based on intelligence which suggests there will be a real threat of serious disorder and no other way for police to manage the event. The last time it was used was over a decade ago.

“Over recent weeks, we’ve seen an escalation of violence and criminality by small groups attaching themselves to demonstrations, despite some key organisers working positively with us.

“But at this time, the intelligence surrounding the potential for serious disorder this weekend does not meet the threshold to apply for a ban.”

Sir Mark added: “If over the next few days, the intelligence evolves, and we reach a threshold where there is a real threat of serious disorder, we will approach the Home Secretary.

“Right now, we remain focused on the facts in front of us and developing our plan to ensure the highest levels of protection for events throughout the weekend.”

I feel like I am re-reading transcripts from Washington DC on January 5th 2021.

Wait.... Wait....

From my read he is conceding that he has the powers but is choosing not to employ them.

I don’t think it really matters what the protestors say or think, or whatever calls for ceasefire come from irrelevant countries like Canada. Israel will keep doing what it needs to do.

The Commissioner is accountable in law for exercising police powers and to the Mayor's Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) and is held to account for the delivery of policing by the Home Secretary and the Mayor of London.
The Mayor of London was given a direct mandate for policing in London in 2011, as part of the Police and Social Responsibility Act. As such, the Mayor is responsible for setting the strategic direction of policing in London through the Police and Crime Plan.
The Home Secretary also has a specific role regarding the functions of the Met that go beyond policing London – for example, counter-terrorism policing and the national policing functions that the Met carries out.

The Mayor is claiming that the Home Secretary could ban the parade if she wanted. The Home Secretary is saying she can only ban the parade if the Commissioner asks for the ban. The Commissioner is saying, in his opinion the ban is not warranted. The Commissioner reports to the Mayor.

Back