Author Topic: Component Transfers (Reserve to Regular): Q&A  (Read 790670 times)

Offline innock

• Rate Post
Re: Component Transfers (Reserve to Regular): Q&A
« Reply #1400 on: September 03, 2018, 08:25:53 »
Good day, I'm in the Pres Infantry and my situation is kinda unique. I am the first person to have there CFAT waived in the start of this new program that the reserves are doing to see if they are losing out on good recruits. If it works out they are thinking about implementing the program into the Reg force if it does well. I had high scores on my BMQ and DP1 proves I want to be there. But I asked if I ever wanted to CT if it would ever be a problem or not but I can not get a answer because the program is still fresh. I have asked recruiters and I got different answers just wondering what other people thought

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1401 on: September 03, 2018, 10:52:57 »
I was not aware of any initiative to waive the CFAT.  Do you have any details?
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline innock

• Rate Post
« Reply #1402 on: September 03, 2018, 12:06:10 »
All I can say is I have done the CFAT twice the old one in 2004 and the most recent in 2014. I was unsuccessful. The recruiters told me I was failing by 2 questions on the 2 different tests. I gave up and said the military wasn't for after trying for 12 years. One day I seen the unit I am with now and talked to the recruiter and I told him my situation. He told me that my education I have and life experiences that I have being firefighter and etc that he could get me a retest. He said it might take awhile to hear anything back. He aller me back and told me that there was a big meeting with some higher ups and he was gonna mention my name and my situation. When I got the phone call back it was good news they decided with my other training and experience they will waive my CFAT and hear I am today. Just finished my dp1 in July

Offline kylemalik786

• Rate Post
  • There is a time for everything..so be patient
« Reply #1403 on: September 06, 2018, 01:07:41 »
Hi guys. Does anyone know how long a component transfer might take from reserve force to regular force ?

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
« Reply #1404 on: September 06, 2018, 02:19:12 »
Hi guys. Does anyone know how long a component transfer might take from reserve force to regular force ?

It can take years. I know of someone that waited 3 years before their transfer was approved.
"The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” ~General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC

Offline Rems

• Rate Post
« Reply #1405 on: September 10, 2018, 14:29:07 »
Hi guys,
Here's my situation:
- CT/OT put in march 2017 (NWO Res to Armoured Officer RegF)
- Interview: May 2018. I have been told that I was recommended and my file was being send to Ottawa. Also that I should receive an offer in the following 6 months.

Does anyone knows if there's an office or someone in Ottawa that I can contact to keep track on my file?

Thanks!

Offline AspiringHSO

• Rate Post
« Reply #1406 on: September 10, 2018, 22:01:43 »
Hi guys,
Here's my situation:
- CT/OT put in march 2017 (NWO Res to Armoured Officer RegF)
- Interview: May 2018. I have been told that I was recommended and my file was being send to Ottawa. Also that I should receive an offer in the following 6 months.

Does anyone knows if there's an office or someone in Ottawa that I can contact to keep track on my file?

Thanks!

You can email the general CT email and ask them for the contact information for your file broker in Ottawa. They will be your direct point of contact and will be solely in charge of your application.

Offline Jokerniemi

• Rate Post
« Reply #1407 on: September 16, 2018, 02:07:06 »
After "testing the waters" in the Naval Reserve for almost 3 years, I finally decided to put in my CT for AESOP last Friday. I can't wait to get news and start the process (BPSO interview, and obtaining my answer).

I'm currently a reservist FSA working on class B, so I can afford to be patient, as long as I know I can get my offer at some point :)

Does anyone has any tips for my CT process and know about the current timeline/demand of the AESOP trade or if the CT are faster than it was before ?

Thanks guys !

Offline runormal

• Rate Post
« Reply #1408 on: September 16, 2018, 08:55:17 »
After "testing the waters" in the Naval Reserve for almost 3 years, I finally decided to put in my CT for AESOP last Friday. I can't wait to get news and start the process (BPSO interview, and obtaining my answer).

I'm currently a reservist FSA working on class B, so I can afford to be patient, as long as I know I can get my offer at some point :)

Does anyone has any tips for my CT process and know about the current timeline/demand of the AESOP trade or if the CT are faster than it was before ?

Thanks guys !
I'd book your aircrew medical yourself, so that you know that you know that you actually meet the requirements. I enrolled as a V3, did the medical and found out that now I'm a V4. That stopped my application pretty quickly.

Contact your CDU directly, I got no grief even as a CLS A reservist.

Offline Jokerniemi

• Rate Post
« Reply #1409 on: September 16, 2018, 10:58:10 »
I'd book your aircrew medical yourself, so that you know that you know that you actually meet the requirements. I enrolled as a V3, did the medical and found out that now I'm a V4. That stopped my application pretty quickly.

Contact your CDU directly, I got no grief even as a CLS A reservist.

Thanks a lot for your input brother ! Have a good day

Offline AHappySeaman

• Rate Post
NWO reserve to regular force
« Reply #1410 on: December 08, 2018, 04:31:24 »
Hello,

I hope I get all the terms right and I am posting in the right forum. I am still very new and learning everything, thanks!

So here is my "situation," I want to become a NWO and as with all officer trades, a degree is required. I am currently working towards an economics degree and have an application with my local naval reserve unit for NWO. From what I understand all the training is the same (MARS I, II, etc) the only difference is it takes a little longer for me since I can only do them during the summer, so instead of taking 1 and half years it will take 3/4 for years for me. Which is fine since I will have hopefully completed my degree by then.

After finishing all of my training and being out of school I intend to do a CT to the reg force as an NWO. Now my question here is how feasible is this? Is this a "bad" way to do things? Will I retain all of my training or will I need to redo things again? How long (ballpark) could a CT take as an NWO from pres to preg?

I am trying to figure my life out here and many people have told me that the naval reserves is a great place for someone working towards a degree like me, but I would like to hear opinions from you guys.

Thank you!

P.S. I have no desire to go through the ROTP since with my scholarships and the naval reserves tuition assistance I will graduate debt free and I am happy where I am.

Online Chief Engineer

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: NWO reserve to regular force
« Reply #1411 on: December 08, 2018, 08:07:21 »
Hello,

I hope I get all the terms right and I am posting in the right forum. I am still very new and learning everything, thanks!

So here is my "situation," I want to become a NWO and as with all officer trades, a degree is required. I am currently working towards an economics degree and have an application with my local naval reserve unit for NWO. From what I understand all the training is the same (MARS I, II, etc) the only difference is it takes a little longer for me since I can only do them during the summer, so instead of taking 1 and half years it will take 3/4 for years for me. Which is fine since I will have hopefully completed my degree by then.

After finishing all of my training and being out of school I intend to do a CT to the reg force as an NWO. Now my question here is how feasible is this? Is this a "bad" way to do things? Will I retain all of my training or will I need to redo things again? How long (ballpark) could a CT take as an NWO from pres to preg?

I am trying to figure my life out here and many people have told me that the naval reserves is a great place for someone working towards a degree like me, but I would like to hear opinions from you guys.

Thank you!

P.S. I have no desire to go through the ROTP since with my scholarships and the naval reserves tuition assistance I will graduate debt free and I am happy where I am.

That's a good plan. Once your training is completed with the new construct you may end up on a CPF, Kingston Class or Harry DeWolf Class ship getting your BWK (Bridge watch keeper). The CT probably won't take you too long, after that you will progress normally through the NWO stream.
"When your draught exceeds your depth, you are most assuredly aground"

All opinions stated are not official policy of the CF and of a private individual

كافر

Offline AHappySeaman

• Rate Post
« Reply #1412 on: December 08, 2018, 16:35:18 »
That's a good plan. Once your training is completed with the new construct you may end up on a CPF, Kingston Class or Harry DeWolf Class ship getting your BWK (Bridge watch keeper). The CT probably won't take you too long, after that you will progress normally through the NWO stream.
Thank you! My only worry is that I've heard "horror" stories of CT taking 5+ years because. I just don't want to be stuck after training unable to go full time.

Online Chief Engineer

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1413 on: December 08, 2018, 18:35:57 »
Thank you! My only worry is that I've heard "horror" stories of CT taking 5+ years because. I just don't want to be stuck after training unable to go full time.

No for the naval reserves its pretty quick, usually a few months not years.
"When your draught exceeds your depth, you are most assuredly aground"

All opinions stated are not official policy of the CF and of a private individual

كافر

Offline AHappySeaman

• Rate Post
« Reply #1414 on: December 08, 2018, 19:43:15 »
No for the naval reserves its pretty quick, usually a few months not years.
Thank you! You were very helpful.