Author Topic: OD fleece toque  (Read 22164 times)

Offline soldierfirst

• Rate Post
OD fleece toque
« on: May 28, 2013, 15:58:57 »
I have seen many CF members wearing non-issued fleece toques, I was wondering where they can be purchased from? My local CANEX does not stock them and the one I have from CPGear is more of a lighter (almost greyish) green to the colour I have seen others wearing.

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: OD fleece toque
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 16:04:26 »
Most of those toques were issued.  If the supply system cannot provide required items, in certain circumstances LPO will be authorized, and the locally acquired items will be issued to CF members and recorded on their clothing docs.

The RSM-net reaction to that situation is sometimes something to behold...
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 16:05:22 »
Are you in Petawawa?
There are no wolves on Fenris

MikeL

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 16:15:13 »
I bought a OD green toque from the Canex in Kingston 7 years ago,  it's thin(not the bulky lumberjack style), OD Green not the light green you see on other toques. 

I've also been issued(unit issue) a synthetic type toque, it's really good too and thin.  No tags inside of it,  so no idea who makes it/where to buy.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 16:42:52 by -Skeletor- »

Offline soldierfirst

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 16:17:31 »
15 Wing. I was issued a while back with my initial issue the standard green wool toque, but it hasn't been until recently that it has really started to bother me with the itching (despite having washed it several times). I have noticed (mainly on other bases, particularly army ones) other army pers who wear toques during winter times or in the field,  a majority wear an OD fleece toque but it does not seem to be an issued item. Rarely do I see many wear the issued dark green wool one.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 16:30:14 »
OD Fleece toques were given to staff at CFLRS, at least in 2006/2007.  Not sure how it was procured but when you went to see the 'kit shop NCO' to get your other stuff (Instr t-shirt, DEU pin etc) you got one.  They were quite different in length than the CANEX version.
"...Pilot, Radar...turn right, heading...3-6-5..."

Online Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • This is my son Michael, KIA Afghanistan 3 Sep 08
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 17:00:30 »
OD Fleece toques were given to staff at CFLRS, at least in 2006/2007.  Not sure how it was procured but when you went to see the 'kit shop NCO' to get your other stuff (Instr t-shirt, DEU pin etc) you got one.  They were quite different in length than the CANEX version.

FYI for those in LFWA these OD fleece toques are now authorized for wear with CADPAT.

This only took us about 15 years to get with the times.
Freedom Isn't Free   "Never Shall I Fail My Brothers"

“Do everything that is necessary and nothing that is not".

MikeL

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 17:05:31 »
I didn't know those OD fleece toques were banned in LFWA.  I wore mine the entire time I was with PPCLI,  no one ever jacked me up and I don't remember anything passed down in a O Group about it.  I do have a fuzzy memory of them not being allowed in Edmonton or Wainwright though, not sure if it was a base wide thing or not though.

Offline 211RadOp

• Rate Post
  • Now is the tyme....damn missed again....Now is the
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 17:25:53 »
Being in Wainwright currently, the Base CWO will not allow fleece toques here.  Pissed off some Div Staff with that one he did.
“I thought I couldn't afford to take her out and smoke as well. So I gave up cigarettes. Then I took her out and one day I looked at her and thought: "Oh well," and I went back to smoking again, and that was better.” - Benny Hill
"Politics: “Poli” a Latin word meaning “many”; and "tics" meaning “bloodsucking creatures” - Robin Williams
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.” - Miss Piggy

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 17:37:21 »
Fleece toques are fire hazards- the CF simply cares about it's members..

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 18:18:17 »
Fleece toques are fire hazards- the CF simply cares about it's members..

A LSVW is a fire hazard and we still drive those.

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 18:54:25 »
A LSVW is a fire hazard and we still drive those.

2 out of the 3 LSVWs I use have N/S seat belts, if there was a fire I would be able to escape MUCH quicker than I could if I was wearing a toque that caught on fire (from wearing a raincoat simultaneously with the toque).
Your argument is invalid  ;)

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 19:10:04 »
In Halifax you would be doing extras for something silly like a toque and raingear.  Beware the Ides of March.
"...Pilot, Radar...turn right, heading...3-6-5..."

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 19:10:08 »
 >:D

Fleece.  A Fire Hazard.  Oh!  I can read between the lines.  Fleece as an outer wear is a fire hazard. 

Should we now merge the two topics?

>:D
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline dangerboy

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 19:25:17 »
Being in Wainwright currently, the Base CWO will not allow fleece toques here.  Pissed off some Div Staff with that one he did.

LFWA TC which is in Wainwright is authorised to wear Fleece Toques as per area SM direction.
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time.
- Lt Gen Lewis B. Puller, USMC

Offline 211RadOp

• Rate Post
  • Now is the tyme....damn missed again....Now is the
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 19:43:32 »
Not what we got here two weeks ago.
“I thought I couldn't afford to take her out and smoke as well. So I gave up cigarettes. Then I took her out and one day I looked at her and thought: "Oh well," and I went back to smoking again, and that was better.” - Benny Hill
"Politics: “Poli” a Latin word meaning “many”; and "tics" meaning “bloodsucking creatures” - Robin Williams
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.” - Miss Piggy

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 19:43:59 »
LFWA TC which is in Wainwright is authorised to wear Fleece Toques as per area SM direction.

Now everyone knows what name to drop when someone asks your unit while wearing a fleece toque.  >:D

Offline runormal

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 16:25:46 »
I have seen many CF members wearing non-issued fleece toques, I was wondering where they can be purchased from? My local CANEX does not stock them and the one I have from CPGear is more of a lighter (almost greyish) green to the colour I have seen others wearing.

Where is the best to buy a fleece toque online these days? I`m not aware of any kit shops within my area, local canex doesn`t sell any and the last one I bought from canex online (1 year ago ish) was fairly thick, almost greyish green and looked ridiculous. Similar to what the OP posted in terms of colours.

Did a brief search online and found these.

http://www.canex.ca/polar-fleece-toque-1.html

http://www.cpgear.com/store/appa/fleece_field_toque.htm

Any suggestions or links to kit shops?

Thanks,

Edit: Copied the wrong link for CP Gear
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 21:31:12 by runormal »

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 19:59:54 »
Where is the best to buy a fleece toque online these days? I`m not aware of any kit shops within my area, local canex doesn`t sell any and the last one I bought from canex online (1 year ago ish) was fairly thick, almost greyish green and looked ridiculous. Similar to what the OP posted in terms of colours.

Did a brief search online and found these.

http://www.canex.ca/polar-fleece-toque-1.html

http://www.cpgear.com/apps/wheelers/search.ami

Any suggestions or links to kit shops?

Thanks,

I'm sure he's not worried anymore. He asked in 2013.
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline runormal

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 21:34:19 »
I'm sure he's not worried anymore. He asked in 2013.

I'm well aware of the date of the original post. I was merely quoting the OP because of this.

The last one I bought from canex online (1 year ago ish) was fairly thick, almost greyish green and looked ridiculous. Similar to what the OP posted in terms of colours.

The problem I have is I lost my toque on ex and I need to buy a new one. I was about buy the one off CPGear but I searched here as well found this thread and now I'm questioning if there is a better spot to buy it as they initially said that it was more of a greyish-green colour, which after reviewing the photo seems similar but it isn't a good quality photo.

Therefore, I'm asking if there is a better place to buy a toque online as I can't find one locally.

Offline RMJOE

• Rate Post
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 21:47:10 »
I've got one they are new we now have a wool and a fleece one.
Recruiting Center: Winnipeg
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: RM Tech
Application Date: March 10, 2015
CFAT : April 10, 2015   passed! I was asked to be officer
Medical : June 10, 2015 passed FORCE FITT
Interview: June 10, 2015 passed
Security Screening Sept, 2015
Merit listed: Never
Position Offered: December 15, 2015
Swearing ceremony: January 13, 2016
BMQ: February 1st, 2016

Offline BinRat55

???

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Lead by example.
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 09:41:47 »
I'm well aware of the date of the original post. I was merely quoting the OP because of this.

The problem I have is I lost my toque on ex and I need to buy a new one. I was about buy the one off CPGear but I searched here as well found this thread and now I'm questioning if there is a better spot to buy it as they initially said that it was more of a greyish-green colour, which after reviewing the photo seems similar but it isn't a good quality photo.

Therefore, I'm asking if there is a better place to buy a toque online as I can't find one locally.

I got an idea - why don't you try Clothing Stores? I hear they have all kinds of kit there...
Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline BinRat55

???

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Lead by example.
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 09:56:00 »
I've got one they are new we now have a wool and a fleece one.

Yes and no. The old knitted toque is still in the system, however it's being phased out. If you bring a knitted toque in to me and it can be repaired, my master tailor will do so. If it can't then I replace it with the new fleece.
Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline RMJOE

• Rate Post
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2016, 10:20:15 »
I have both of them, although I never use the knitted one the fleece hat is amazing.
Recruiting Center: Winnipeg
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: RM Tech
Application Date: March 10, 2015
CFAT : April 10, 2015   passed! I was asked to be officer
Medical : June 10, 2015 passed FORCE FITT
Interview: June 10, 2015 passed
Security Screening Sept, 2015
Merit listed: Never
Position Offered: December 15, 2015
Swearing ceremony: January 13, 2016
BMQ: February 1st, 2016

Offline runormal

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2016, 11:59:28 »
I got an idea - why don't you try Clothing Stores? I hear they have all kinds of kit there...

Was unaware that it is now being issued through the system, thanks for the information, perhaps I can finally justify a trip to clothing stores.

The issue that I currently face is that the amount of time it would take for me to go to clothing stores via public transportation would be insanse and because I don't have a car (personal choice) it would be much ''easier to just buy one out of pocket''.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 14:42:53 by runormal »