Author Topic: Questions about personal life for extended training trades  (Read 3748 times)

Offline Rikes

• Rate Post
Questions about personal life for extended training trades
« on: January 20, 2015, 16:13:14 »
Hey guys, I just passed my CFAT and got approved for everything but what my first 3 choices were. So instead of gambling with a retest in 3 months, I decided to go with my backups. One happens to be weapons Eng tech and I noticed there is over a year of required training time with 9 of those months "Basic Occupational Qualification Training". My question is, during these 9 months which im assuming will basically be on the job training like most other trades, am I able to live in the nearest city/town with my SO instead of in a barracks? We would not be eligible for housing since we are not married and havent lived together more than 6 months at a time because she happens to be an american citizen. We cannot qualify as common law either. So in short will I have a social life those 14 or so months? Or at the very least am I able to have the ability to rent my own residence?

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
Re: Questions about personal life for extended training trades
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 16:35:54 »
Probably not, and a thin probably at that.

However, as this subject has been asked more than a few times, a little searching and reading would not be amiss.
Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Offline Tcm621

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
Re: Questions about personal life for extended training trades
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 17:38:33 »
To save a little searching, when you get posted after basic put in a memo immediately. Make sure you have all the info you need first. Then depending on where you are they may or may not approve it.