Author Topic: Special Forces Sniper  (Read 4933 times)

Offline RCarroll

• Rate Post
Special Forces Sniper
« on: April 21, 2015, 11:57:45 »
I know this is a bit of a long shot...but my aim is to eventually become a sniper with JTF2
I've read a lot of the posts about this, but all of the info seems to be a bit jumbled. Can anyone tell me what is the most direct/last easiest route to achieve this?
I'm aware that you have to be a NCM in the regular forces for two years before joining the special forces, and you have to do the recce course before completing sniper concentration. Would it be better to complete sniper training before or after joining CANSOFCOM?
Another possible option would be to go through patrol pathfinders first?
Can someone also give me as much information about day-to-day life in the special forces as possible?...Training, pay, hours etc.

Thanks in advance for any answers

Offline Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Special Forces Sniper
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 12:02:45 »
Can anyone tell me what is the most direct/last easiest route to achieve this?

It certainly isn't by taking a direct/easiest route.
Optio

Offline Teager

• Rate Post
    • Canada For Victory
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 12:10:14 »
This same question was posted yesterday. Here is the response.

Fact is, you're not even in yet, and no one who works there is going to go out of their way to put reveal what day-to-day life is in any of the CANSOFCOM units other than what is already available.

Focus on getting your foot in the door, and then worry about where to go from there. Once you're in, if you're still interested in CANSOFCOM, hit up the recruiting cell or go to one of the frequent recruiting drives.

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 12:26:36 »
I know this is a bit of a long shot...but my aim is to eventually become a sniper with JTF2
I've read a lot of the posts about this, but all of the info seems to be a bit jumbled. Can anyone tell me what is the most direct/last easiest route to achieve this?
I'm aware that you have to be a NCM in the regular forces for two years before joining the special forces, and you have to do the recce course before completing sniper concentration. Would it be better to complete sniper training before or after joining CANSOFCOM?
Another possible option would be to go through patrol pathfinders first?
Can someone also give me as much information about day-to-day life in the special forces as possible?...Training, pay, hours etc.

Thanks in advance for any answers

Training: Training will be IAW established CAF standards for the position you fill.

Pay: Pay will be IAW Compensation and Benefits Instructions.

Hours: Hours can be up to 24/7, plus overtime.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 12:33:38 »
Can anyone tell me what is the most direct/last easiest route to achieve this?

Check here:

Becoming a Sniper (merged)
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=455.0;nowap