Author Topic: Canada's New, Liberal, Defence Policy  (Read 75888 times)

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: Canada's New, Liberal, Defence Policy
« Reply #225 on: June 03, 2017, 12:20:01 »
I am curious: why does the Minister of Transport have to be present at a Defence Policy announcement?
Spaceman Marc was The Architect's fire-team buddy last time around...experience, perhaps?

G2G

Does this also open the door for the rest of the "Public Safety" organizations/Departments/clag?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Oldgateboatdriver

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #226 on: June 03, 2017, 15:45:39 »
I am curious: why does the Minister of Transport have to be present at a Defence Policy announcement?

Maybe the Army is finally getting its new trucks.  [:D

Actually, while there is officially no "Quebec lieutenant" to Trudeau jr., in practice, minister Garneau is everywhere and on about every subject where Quebec is concerned. I don't think the MinDef's French is at a level appropriate to field questions on a subject that complex and delicate to the Quebec press corps.

I also would not be surprised to see Mr. Garneau step into the Defence portfolio if our friendly current MinDef makes any further little slip.

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #227 on: June 03, 2017, 17:20:18 »
Spaceman Marc was The Architect's fire-team buddy last time around...experience, perhaps?

G2G
Not so long ago ...
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter