Author Topic: Religious/Extremist Terrorism: Non-Muslim edition  (Read 39660 times)

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
Re: Religious/Extremist Terrorism: Non-Muslim edition
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2019, 17:09:07 »
Some new analysis from the NJ Office of Homeland Security & Preparedness ...
Militia Extremists

Background

Militia extremists view the federal government as an existential threat to the rights and freedoms of Americans. They judge armed resistance as necessary to preserve these rights and justify the use of violence to counter perceived threats or violations to the US Constitution.

The movement gained national attention following standoffs with federal agents in the early 1990s at Ruby Ridge, Idaho, and Waco, Texas. These confrontations provided the inspiration for the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995 that killed 168 individuals and injured more than 680 others.

Since 2017, militia extremists have shifted focus from anti-government issues, including standoffs with the federal government, to confronting illegal immigration and perceived threats. While the militia movement has historically been decentralized, several groups have formed in recent years with a structured hierarchy and national leadership.

(...)

Threat to New Jersey: Moderate

There is currently a limited amount of militia extremist activity within New Jersey; however, militia extremists continue to participate in violent protests across the United States and threaten Muslim populations throughout the region.
More @ link or in attached NJDHSP one-pager

- mod edit to fix link -
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:31:05 by milnews.ca »
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2019, 20:42:27 »
More open-source info from the analysts @ NJ's DHS & Preparedness ...
Sovereign Citizen Extremists

Background

Sovereign citizen extremists throughout the United States view federal, state, and local governments as illegitimate. They also assert they are not subject to questioning or arrest by law enforcement, paying taxes or fines, complying with summonses, or possessing official licenses. Sovereign citizen extremists have engaged in counterfeiting, verbal and written harassment, unlawful property occupation scams, and financial fraud.

The Moorish Nation, a sovereign citizen extremist group that splintered from the black nationalist movement, asserts that it is the original inhabitant of the United States and is entitled to self-governing status, giving its members rights that predate the Constitution.

In 2018, sovereign citizen extremists accounted for three of the six ideologically motivated attacks against law enforcement nationwide. Two incidents occurred during routine policing activities and did not demonstrate indicators of preplanning; the third attack was the result of booby traps set in anticipation of visits from law enforcement.

Sovereign citizen extremists in New Jersey often rely on “paper terrorism,” such as filing fraudulent liens against public officials or self-identifying in court paperwork, but can resort to violence when challenged by law enforcement ...
More @ link or in attached one-pager

- mod edit to fix link -
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:31:35 by milnews.ca »

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2019, 19:47:17 »
More from the NJ DHS ...
White Supremacist Extremists

Background

White supremacist extremists believe in the inherent superiority of the white race and seek to establish dominance over non-whites through violence.

There are five major subgroups within the white supremacist extremist movement: neo-Nazis, racist skinheads, groups that emerged countering African-American civil and equal rights, Christian Identity members, and prison gangs.

White supremacist extremists employ a variety of recruitment tactics, including leafleting, leveraging social media, and participating in social events. Additionally, over the last three years, white supremacist extremists have hosted conferences, organized rallies, and established think tanks to forward their agenda.

White supremacist extremists in New Jersey are actively spreading their ideologies, attempting to intimidate minorities, and committing low-level crimes.
In 2018, at least six different white supremacist extremist organizations were actively operating in New Jersey ...
More @ link or in attached one-pager.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline RangerRay

• Rate Post
  • Kloshe Nanitch
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2019, 20:19:17 »
Sovereign Citizen Extremists

These guys scare me more than any other extremist group out there.
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2019, 08:58:21 »

Why?
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2019, 09:19:20 »
More open-source info from the analysts @ NJ's DHS & Preparedness ...More @ link or in attached one-pager

Why?

July 30, 2014
National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism

Sovereign citizen movement perceived as top terrorist threat
https://www.start.umd.edu/news/sovereign-citizen-movement-perceived-top-terrorist-threat

- mod edit to fix one of the links -
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:04:13 by milnews.ca »

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2019, 10:11:24 »
Some of the FBI's recent successes against them.

-In Sacramento, two sovereign citizens were convicted of running a fraudulent insurance scheme. Operating outside state insurance regulatory guidelines, the men set up their own company and sold “lifetime memberships” to customers, promising to pay any accident claims against their “members.” The company collected millions of dollars, but paid out very few claims. More
-In Kansas City, three sovereign citizens were convicted of taking part in a conspiracy using phony diplomatic credentials. They charged customers between $450 and $2,000 for a diplomatic identification card, which would bestow upon the holder “sovereign” status—meaning they would enjoy diplomatic immunity from paying taxes and from being stopped or arrested by law enforcement. More
-In Las Vegas, four men affiliated with the sovereign citizen movement were arrested by the Nevada Joint Terrorism Task Force on federal money laundering, tax evasion, and weapons charges. The investigation involved an undercover operation, with two of the suspects allegedly laundering more than a million dollars from what they believed was a bank fraud scheme

Guess the weapons charges could be dangerous, especially if they're being sold to dudes like this.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-arrested-at-extremist-muslim-new-mexico-compound-was-training-kids-to-commit-school-shootings-documents

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2019, 10:29:41 »
Some of the FBI's recent successes against them ...
Good catch that - thanks for sharing.  Here's some more from the applicable NJ DHS report from earlier this year ...
- Gregory Rodvelt, a sovereign citizen, set booby traps throughout his Oregon property in September, injuring an FBI agent. While searching the property, the agent activated a trap connected to a pre-positioned shotgun that discharged, shooting the agent in the leg. In April, authorities arrested Rodvelt in Arizona after he reportedly brandished a handgun. He initially refused to cooperate with police, leading to a three-hour standoff.
- In June, Matthew Wright used an armored vehicle to block traffic on a bridge near the Hoover Dam in Nevada. Following his arrest, police found weapons, ammunition, and explosives in the vehicle. Wright used sovereign citizen rhetoric in letters mailed to several federal agencies, including the FBI and CIA.
- In May, David Wolosin opened fire on two police officers, critically injuring one, after they responded to a complaint of a man teaching his 3-year-old child how to drive. Wolosin, a self-identified sovereign citizen, was killed in the shootout.
- Tierre Guthrie, a Moorish sovereign citizen, shot three police officers, killing one, while being served a warrant for his arrest in February 2018. Guthrie was killed in the shootout, and his friends and family reported he had espoused anti-government ideas in the weeks preceding the shooting.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2019, 12:28:54 »
That's pretty crazy. More dangerous than I thought for sure, I didn't see that.

I was watching something on Net flicks called Doomsday preppers and the way some of these people think is pretty wacky.

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2019, 13:10:12 »
I was watching something on Net flicks called Doomsday preppers and the way some of these people think is pretty wacky.
Even if you allow for reality shows showing the most extreme cases, have to agree.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2019, 13:34:03 »

John Goodman played a prepper, "I have a collection of films on DVD and VHS cassette... make sure you put 'em back when you're done with 'em. We're gonna be down here for a very long time."  :)

See also,

Survival and Prepping 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=123966.0
4 pages.

Offline RangerRay

• Rate Post
  • Kloshe Nanitch
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2019, 23:36:08 »
Why?

Probably because in my line of work, I am more likely to run into these clowns than any other extremist out there.

Because of their twisted ideology based on legal fiction sold to them by sophisticated grifters, these guys believe that the laws of our society do not apply them and do not recognise the authority of law enforcement and the courts.  As such, encounters with these guys are at best difficult; at worst very deadly.  Law enforcement officer in Canada and the US have been assaulted and murdered by these guys during traffic stops and even by-law incidents.  When encounters do not turn violent, sovereigns (or freemen) usually engage in harassment and "paper terrorism" against any official they feel slighted by.  Good luck selling your house in a timely fashion if one of these assholes puts a lien on your house because you gave them a ticket.

A lot of people are drawn to this ideology because to the uneducated and the paranoid, it looks like a legit way to get out of paying taxes, debts and alimony.  Why pay for a driver's license and registering your vehicle when you can declare yourself "sovereign" or a "freeman on the land" and get out from under the thumb of "the man"?  And since "the man" can't hassle you, you can fight back if he does.  Or so the gurus tell the gullible.

These guys are far more common than you would think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemen_on_the_land

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Offline FJAG

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Ex Gladio Justicia
    • Google Sites Wolf Riedel
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2019, 00:41:36 »
This is a key decision out of the Alberta QB which deals with this movement and it's nonsense.

It's a hundred and fifty some odd pages of heavy reading but is the most comprehensive case in Canada dealing with these very problematic issues.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

:cheers:
Illegitimi non carborundum
Semper debeatis percutis ictu primo
Access my "Allies" and "Mark Winters, CID" book series at:
https://sites.google.com/view/wolfriedel
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WolfRiedelAuthor/

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2019, 06:30:37 »
This is a key decision out of the Alberta QB which deals with this movement and it's nonsense.

It's a hundred and fifty some odd pages of heavy reading but is the most comprehensive case in Canada dealing with these very problematic issues.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

:cheers:
Thanks for sharing the Canadian angle on this - much appreciated!

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2019, 09:16:36 »
Saw this in another discussion, will reply here,

Attacks on house of worships have effected not only mosques, but churches as well.

And synagogues and Jewish communal organizations,

The deadliest attack on the Jewish community in the United States was only four months ago, in Pittsburgh, PA,

Referring to Central American migrant caravans and immigrants, the alleged killer posted on Gab * shortly before the attack that, "HIAS ** likes to bring invaders in that kill our people. I can't sit by and watch my people get slaughtered. Screw your optics, I'm going in."

* "Gab has been described as "extremist friendly" to neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and the alt-right."

** The Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society ( HIAS ) is a Jewish American non-profit organization that provides humanitarian aid and assistance to refugees.

Regarding the suspect,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_synagogue_shooting#Suspect
"started out as staunch conservatism transitioned into white nationalism"

That massacre came a year after the "Unite the Right" tiki-torch and swastika rally,

“Jews will not replace us”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n12sjwk9FBE

« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 12:22:02 by mariomike »

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2019, 14:48:58 »
Adding to the Newsroom.

If interested in the article, click on the link.

Jan. 27, 2018

Prosecutors say a terror suspect was ‘brainwashed’ by far-right voices online. Can you blame the people he read?
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/analysis/2018/01/27/prosecutors-say-a-terror-suspect-was-brainwashed-by-far-right-voices-online-can-you-blame-the-people-he-read.html
A series of recent criminal cases are again raising the question of how the spread of hateful or radical views can lead to violence. If the debate sounds familiar, it is.

U.K. prosecutors on Tuesday said a London terror suspect was “brainwashed” by right-wing personalities and online material — including from a Canadian outlet — in the weeks before he allegedly drove a van into Muslim worshippers, killing one.

Earlier this month, a man threatened to shoot CNN employees to fight the network his president mercilessly targets — “Fake news. I’m coming to gun you all down,” a male voice said in a telephone call, according to documents unsealed this week.

And in Canada, a country will on Monday mark the one-year anniversary of a mass shooting at a Quebec City mosque that killed six — an attack in which the suspect was reportedly a fan of French Front National leader Marine Le Pen’s xenophobic views.

END QUOTE

Sorry to be digging up a necro post, but I realized the results of this particular trial were never posted here. The man who drove the van into the worshippers exiting a mosque in London was convicted of both murder and attempted murder, and the matter was treated by the courts as a terrorist offense for purpose of sentencing. Its similar to how in Canadian law a violent offense can be considered a 'terrorist activity' for sentencing purposes if it meets certain criteria. The judge's written reasons for sentencing are pretty clear and blistering. Four and a half pages, so it's a pretty quick read. It includes a succinct summary of the attacker's background, and his rapid path to radicalization. There's also a hint in there to how the sort of 'target hardening' that has become routine at major public events probably preventing him from mounting a much worse attack based on his original plan earlier that same day.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/r-v-osborne-sentencing-remarks.pdf

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/feb/01/finsbury-park-van-attacker-darren-osborne-found-guilty-murder-makram-ali
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2019, 16:20:02 »
Sorry to be digging up a necro post, but I realized the results of this particular trial were never posted here. The man who drove the van into the worshippers exiting a mosque in London was convicted of both murder and attempted murder, and the matter was treated by the courts as a terrorist offense for purpose of sentencing. Its similar to how in Canadian law a violent offense can be considered a 'terrorist activity' for sentencing purposes if it meets certain criteria. The judge's written reasons for sentencing are pretty clear and blistering. Four and a half pages, so it's a pretty quick read. It includes a succinct summary of the attacker's background, and his rapid path to radicalization. There's also a hint in there to how the sort of 'target hardening' that has become routine at major public events probably preventing him from mounting a much worse attack based on his original plan earlier that same day.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/r-v-osborne-sentencing-remarks.pdf

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/feb/01/finsbury-park-van-attacker-darren-osborne-found-guilty-murder-makram-ali
Thanks for the update -- here's the decision in case the link doesn't work.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2019, 21:11:01 »
Some more analysis from New Jersey's DHS ...
Black Separatist Extremists

Background

Black separatist extremists are individuals or groups that seek to establish an independent nation for people of African descent through force or violence. They claim superiority over whites, are typically anti-Semitic, and oppose integration and interracial marriage.

The intent and capability of black separatist groups vary by chapter and region. At least two groups are active in New Jersey: the New Black Panther Party (NBPP) and the Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ (ICGJC). The NBPP portrays itself as a militant modern expression of the original Black Panther Party; however, representatives of the original group have denounced the “exploitation of the party’s name and history” and have called the organization “a black racist hate group.” The ICGJC justifies its rhetoric with religious ideology and believes its members are the true Hebrew descendants. NBPP and ICGJC promote violent and hate-based rhetoric against law enforcement, government officials, Jews, and whites.

Threat to New Jersey: Low

Black separatist extremist organizations in New Jersey are disorganized and continue to focus on activities related to narcotics, illegal weapons, and financial crimes
More @ link or attached one-pager if link doesn't work for you.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Online Cloud Cover

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2019, 21:20:07 »
??? ... organizations in xxxx are disorganized ....

They are ready to govern!!
Living the lean life

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2019, 17:52:47 »
From NJ's DHS ...
Domestic Terrorism in 2018

There were 32 domestic terrorist attacks, disrupted plots, threats of violence, and weapons stockpiling by individuals with a radical political or social agenda who lack direction or influence from foreign terrorist organizations (across the U.S.) in 2018. NJOHSP defines domestic terrorism as violence committed by individuals or groups—including anti-government, race-based, religious, and single-issue extremist ideologies—associated primarily with US-based movements.

All information was derived from publicly available sources.
Map/breakdown in attached visuals & one-page PDF here.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline OceanBonfire

• Rate Post
Recruiting Center: Montreal
Regular/Reserve: Regular Force
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Occupation choice: Logistics Officer
Current application: March 28, 2017
CFAT: Previously completed in November 2011
Interview: July 11, 2017
Medical: August 2017
Competition list: October/November 2017
Position Offered: May 25, 2018
Swearing In: August 21, 2018
BMOQ: August 25, 2018
BMOQ Graduation: November 16, 2018

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2019, 12:41:43 »
Probably because in my line of work, I am more likely to run into these clowns than any other extremist out there.

Because of their twisted ideology based on legal fiction sold to them by sophisticated grifters, these guys believe that the laws of our society do not apply them and do not recognise the authority of law enforcement and the courts.  As such, encounters with these guys are at best difficult; at worst very deadly.  Law enforcement officer in Canada and the US have been assaulted and murdered by these guys during traffic stops and even by-law incidents.  When encounters do not turn violent, sovereigns (or freemen) usually engage in harassment and "paper terrorism" against any official they feel slighted by.  Good luck selling your house in a timely fashion if one of these assholes puts a lien on your house because you gave them a ticket.

A lot of people are drawn to this ideology because to the uneducated and the paranoid, it looks like a legit way to get out of paying taxes, debts and alimony.  Why pay for a driver's license and registering your vehicle when you can declare yourself "sovereign" or a "freeman on the land" and get out from under the thumb of "the man"?  And since "the man" can't hassle you, you can fight back if he does.  Or so the gurus tell the gullible.

These guys are far more common than you would think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemen_on_the_land

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement

Let them be free, but all the government services aren't, so they pay a toll everytime to use a government built road, bridge, etc

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2019, 19:44:41 »
From Jersey's DHS - also attached as PDF if link doesn't work for you ...
Conspiracy Theory Likely Leads to Extremist Violence

White supremacist extremists will likely cite “white genocide” as justification for violence against certain religious communities being the only option to save the white race. Since 2018, there have been no New Jersey-based white supremacist extremist attacks; however, groups and individuals within the State continue to promote the conspiracy in person and online.

On April 27, John Earnest attacked a synagogue in Poway, California, resulting in one death and three injuries. Prior to the shooting, Earnest stated online that Jewish people are responsible for the planned genocide of the European race, that he is willing to “sacrifice [his] future…for the sake of people,” and that he “would die a thousand times over to prevent the doomed fate that the Jews have planned for the race.”

On March 15, Brenton Tarrant attacked two mosques in New Zealand, resulting in 51 deaths and 49 injuries. Throughout his manifesto, Tarrant referenced his beliefs that mass immigration from non-European countries and cultural assimilation will result in the racial and cultural replacement of European people. Additionally, Tarrant stated he carried out the attacks against the mosques because he viewed them as a “large group of invaders…that seek to occupy peoples land and ethnically replace people.”

On October 27, Robert Bowers shot and killed 11 people and injured six others at a synagogue in Pittsburgh after allegedly yelling, “all Jews must die.” Hours prior to the shooting, Bowers posted online that a Jewish organization “likes to bring invaders in that kill people” and that he “can’t sit by and watch people get slaughtered.”

+300

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2019, 09:19:52 »
Quoted from Reply #147,
The white genocide conspiracy theory is the belief that there is a Jewish plot to promote cultural assimilation, immigration, and interracial marriage between European and non-European countries that will result in the extinction of the white race.

That may explain the "Jews will not replace us" chant.

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2019, 07:39:31 »
Let them be free, but all the government services aren't, so they pay a toll everytime to use a government built road, bridge, etc.
:nod:

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter