Author Topic: Waiting on medical file (Archived in Ottawa) for rejoining the CF.  (Read 1199 times)

Offline cnd.sp

• Rate Post
Looking for CF member and recruit experiences in regards to their wait times for archived medical files when rejoining.

Was a member of CF back in 2010 (Over 7 years out now) and wanting to rejoin Reg. Forces once again.  My recruit application is currently at a stand still while waiting on my previous medical file, which is archived in Ottawa. ( FYI "Previous medical history is clean and never had any issues")

Recruit center has confirmed my VFS already and will book my medical + interview once the medical is in. Ottawa Archives (Canadian Forces) indicated a 30 day turn around time for the request but wanted to see on a personal level what your wait times happen to be.

Looking forward to getting back into uniform and retiring as a CF member 20+ years from now.

Thanks for any input and advice. All the best 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 15:19:26 by sksteve »

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Waiting on medical file (Archived in Ottawa) for rejoining the CF.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 16:14:24 »
Looking for CF member and recruit experiences in regards to their wait times for archived medical files when rejoining.

"Getting Back In/Re-enrolling Mega Thread" "medical"
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+archived+medical+files&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=xZW0WOTDMuiM8QfihZ-4Dg&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca+%22Getting+Back+In%2FRe-enrolling+Mega+Thread%22+%22medical%22&*

Was a member of CF back in 2010 (Over 7 years out now) and wanting to rejoin Reg. Forces once again. 

Looking forward to getting back into uniform and retiring as a CF member 20+ years from now.

Your post / profile does not indicate how long you served in the Regular Force, but you may wish to confirm "retiring as a CF member 20+ years from now" with Recruiting.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 16:50:55 by mariomike »
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline cnd.sp

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 17:03:37 »
Was implying looking forward to getting back into the Canadian Forces and having a long career within it.

Thanks for the response and all the best.

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 17:05:58 »
Thanks for the response and all the best.

You are welcome. Good luck.  :)

See also,

Getting Back In/Re-enrolling Mega Thread

Was a member of CF back in 2010 (Over 7 years out now) and wanting to rejoin Reg. Forces once again.  My recruit application is currently at a stand still while waiting on my previous medical file, which is archived in Ottawa. ( FYI "Previous medical history is clean and never had any issues")

Recruit center has confirmed my VFS already and will book my medical + interview once the medical is in. Ottawa Archives (Canadian Forces) indicated a 30 day turn around time for the request but wanted to see on a personal level what your wait times happen to be.

Thanks for any input and advice. All the best
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 17:11:52 by mariomike »
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline deskjockey43

• Rate Post
  • Purple People Helper
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 08:15:53 »
My medical info was also archived in Ottawa, and the time from request to med appointment was about a month. Mind you, that may have been because of the Christmas holidays.

Dj
Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: HRA - Navy
Re-Apply: October 2, 2016
First Contact: October 7, 2016
CFAT: Passed Nov 2014
Initial Paperwork: Nov 25, 2016
Medical: Jan 17, 2017
Follow-Up Medical: Feb 2, 2017
Interview: Dec 13, 2016
Letter requested: Feb 15, 2017
Letter sent: Feb 22, 2017
Merit Listed: March 16, 2017
Position offered: March 29, 2107
Swearing in: July 5, 2017
BMQ: July 24, 2017

Offline cnd.sp

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 09:01:17 »
Hopefully will be about a month for myself as well.  Thanks for sharing.