Author Topic: USAF looking for new light attack aircraft: O-AX  (Read 12700 times)

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
Re: USAF looking for new light attack aircraft: O-AX
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2019, 10:55:10 »
O-AX: four only for USAF? US Army still lurking?

Almost looks to me as if USAF is stalling in hope whole thing will go away.

Mark
Ottawa

And to paraphrase McChrystal.... if we ever understand this paragraph, we will have won the war:

"The AT-6s will go to Air Combat Command at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., for “continued testing and development of operational tactics and standards for exportable, tactical networks that improve interoperability with international partners,” according to the Air Force announcement. The A-29s will go to Air Force Special Operations Command at Hurlburt Field, Fla., and will be used to “develop an instructor pilot program for the Combat Aviation Advisory mission, to meet increased partner nation requests for light attack assistance,” per the release."
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2019, 12:13:30 »
And to paraphrase McChrystal.... if we ever understand this paragraph, we will have won the war:

"The AT-6s will go to Air Combat Command at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., for “continued testing and development of operational tactics and standards for exportable, tactical networks that improve interoperability with international partners,” according to the Air Force announcement. The A-29s will go to Air Force Special Operations Command at Hurlburt Field, Fla., and will be used to “develop an instructor pilot program for the Combat Aviation Advisory mission, to meet increased partner nation requests for light attack assistance,” per the release."

Respectfully D&B - it ain't hard.

The US Air Force has bought a flight of AT-6s and another of A-29s.  These will be used to train the USAF to work with foreign forces and to train foreign forces to work with the USAF. Just like the good old day when the locals got Lee-Enfields and the Brits got FNs.   Or the Indians got Snider-Enfields while the Brits got Maxims.
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

"If change isn’t allowed to be a process, it becomes an event." - Penny Mordaunt 10/10/2019

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2019, 16:09:24 »
Should have bought more A-10's ot some Frogfoots.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2019, 19:40:46 »
Respectfully D&B - it ain't hard.

The US Air Force has bought a flight of AT-6s and another of A-29s.  These will be used to train the USAF to work with foreign forces and to train foreign forces to work with the USAF. Just like the good old day when the locals got Lee-Enfields and the Brits got FNs.   Or the Indians got Snider-Enfields while the Brits got Maxims.

But it took Canadians to make and issue their own clanger: the Ross Rifle :)
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon