Author Topic: Anodized medals  (Read 1088 times)

Offline slayer/raptor

• Rate Post
Anodized medals
« on: September 10, 2017, 15:01:10 »
Just wondering if anyone on here gets their medals dipped or anodized? I've seen a few older NCOs with really shiny medals (particularly the cpsm and UN medals). Just wondering what people's thoughts are.

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
Re: Anodized medals
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 15:18:11 »
Shouldn't need to, just a little brasso if they get tarnished or silver cleaner. A good court mounter should clean the medals for you before they're mounted.

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 15:38:04 »
Just wondering if anyone on here gets their medals dipped or anodized? I've seen a few older NCOs with really shiny medals (particularly the cpsm and UN medals). Just wondering what people's thoughts are.

Opinions vary,

. the problem she ran into was that he had them dipped without asking her if this is what she wanted. Is there any way to safely remove the dip coating and return the medals to their original state and finish?
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 19:30:19 »
I had my CD plated because when I received it, there was a big *** finger print in the finish. No one has ever questioned me or taken me to task over it.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 20:44:38 »
I've known lots of troops that have gotten their gongs gold dipped.

Never heard of anyone having an issue over it either.

Regards
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -Norman Schwartzkopf

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 18:01:01 »
I've known lots of troops that have gotten their gongs gold dipped.

Never heard of anyone having an issue over it either.

Regards

.......except for comments from others that they look "tacky".     [:D
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.