Author Topic: UN Pension????  (Read 848 times)

Offline corporalcannabis

• Rate Post
UN Pension????
« on: September 23, 2017, 17:11:27 »
A fellow at the OSI told me about a UN pension that exists.  Tried the google machine and could not find anything. A friend has an injury in a SDA on a UN mission, curious if anyone has ever heard of such a thing? And how to apply. TIA

Offline expwor

• Donor
  • Rate Post

Offline corporalcannabis

• Rate Post
Re: UN Pension????
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 17:37:09 »
Those are for UN staff.

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 17:41:18 »
Those are pensions for UN employees.  As CAF members on peacekeeping missions are not UN employees, they would not be covered by that plan.

This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 18:19:02 »
Those are pensions for UN employees.  As CAF members on peacekeeping missions are not UN employees, they would not be covered by that plan.

Then why did we fill out UN forms for injuries we incurred on Tour?  There must be some reason that those were done?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 18:27:38 »
Not having seen the forms, I can't speculate on the reasons.

But the pension in the link is for retired UN employees; CAF members do not qualify.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Nerf herder

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • The usual suspect.
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 18:35:09 »
Then why did we fill out UN forms for injuries we incurred on Tour?  There must be some reason that those were done?

Probably for statistics. After all, the UN is useless.

Regards
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.--Ben Franklin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -Norman Schwartzkopf