Author Topic: Being searched/patted-down every time I enter the recruiting office  (Read 3259 times)

Offline OblivionKnight

• Rate Post
Hello all, I am just wondering if this is a new policy that has been implemented. The last two times I went to the recruiting office, I have been searched/patted-down by a security guard prior to being able to enter. I noticed that the individual behind was not as 'thoroughly' checked as I was. Has anyone else experienced this, or is it an anomaly? It was not a very comfortable experience, and almost made me feel like some sort of criminal (then again, I've never been searched in this manner before, by law enforcement or others in my entire life).

Offline ExRCDcpl

• Rate Post
Re: Being searched/patted-down every time I enter the recruiting office
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 22:11:33 »
Newish measures brought into place due to the stabbing incident at CFRC Toronto

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 22:14:08 »
Newish measures brought into place due to the stabbing incident at CFRC Toronto

Knife attack at CFRC, 14 Mar 2016 - 2 CAF members stabbed 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=122405.25
4 pages.

Offline OblivionKnight

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 22:19:27 »
Ah I see, last I applied was in 2014. I must have missed the memo.

Online Roger123

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 06:07:08 »
Never physically 'patted down', but you go through a search. If you are wearing a jacket or a large sweater they ask you to remove it after you give them a piece of ID. They then ask you to lift your shirt slightly to I suppose ensure you are not hiding a concealed weapon. They also ask you if you have any sharp items on you, like drivers keys or something. I cant recall seeing anyone physically searched from the 3 or 4 times I have been there over the last year.

Offline Humphrey Bogart

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 08:02:15 »
Hello all, I am just wondering if this is a new policy that has been implemented. The last two times I went to the recruiting office, I have been searched/patted-down by a security guard prior to being able to enter. I noticed that the individual behind was not as 'thoroughly' checked as I was. Has anyone else experienced this, or is it an anomaly? It was not a very comfortable experience, and almost made me feel like some sort of criminal (then again, I've never been searched in this manner before, by law enforcement or others in my entire life).

It's called security, the military is a target and not everyone loves us.  In fact some people hate us enough to try and kill us  ;)