Author Topic: Army captain who violated colleague in 'tomfoolery gone wrong' found guilty  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
Wtf.

An Australian Army captain who violated a male colleague with a beer bottle — in what his lawyer described as "tomfoolery gone wrong" during a work function— has been found guilty of rape.

Rhiley Boyson, 26, is expected to be sentenced by a court martial panel in Canberra on Wednesday.

On Tuesday the court heard the assault happened in the men's toilets during a work social event last year.

Prosecutor Sarah Robin said there had been a certain amount of low-brow humour in the toilets, which spiralled out of control.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-04/army-officer-guilty-rape-beer-bottle-prank/10582462
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Offline PMedMoe

is retired and loving it!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Out of control....ya think??  ::)
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline Cloud Cover

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
"This was an instance of momentary penetration, a few seconds long," she said. :facepalm: 
Living the lean life

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
Wow. Any officer who lacks the common sense and decency to not rape a colleague with a beer bottle has no business wearing the uniform or bearing the responsibility of leadership over others. What a bloody idiot.
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.