Author Topic: BMQ 2019 - Regular Force  (Read 269 times)

Offline CdnRedneck

• Rate Post
BMQ 2019 - Regular Force
« on: December 05, 2018, 01:11:03 »
I am going to BMQ on Jan 12 for 10 weeks and i was wondering what has been removed from BMQ. I tried looking for other threads and could not find any.

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Re: BMQ 2019 - Regular Force
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 14:52:48 »
I am going to BMQ on Jan 12 for 10 weeks and i was wondering what has been removed from BMQ. I tried looking for other threads and could not find any.

The shortened duration isn't necessarily about what's been removed. The course has been condensed. While looking at the new training plans and comparing, for the most part it's simply a lot of down-time that's been cut and/or filled up. (There's still some, of course, but not as many admin periods and such as there used to be.) There have been a few component alterations (such as the 13km ruck), field time has been broken down differently and some locations have changed for certain aspects of the course. However, I wouldn't be concerned about anything other than getting through those 10 weeks.   
"Stop worrying about getting back to who you were before it all went wrong. To heal is to understand that the person you've since become is the one who's most capable of doing whatever it is you were put here to do."~SR

Offline CdnRedneck

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 02:11:40 »
There is a face book group up for January 14, 2018 BMQ "Canadian Forces Recruits Starting BMQ on January 14th, 2019"

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 07:23:05 »

The shortened duration isn't necessarily about what's been removed. The course has been condensed. While looking at the new training plans and comparing, for the most part it's simply a lot of down-time that's been cut and/or filled up. (There's still some, of course, but not as many admin periods and such as there used to be.) There have been a few component alterations (such as the 13km ruck), field time has been broken down differently and some locations have changed for certain aspects of the course. However, I wouldn't be concerned about anything other than getting through those 10 weeks.

See also,

BMQ changed to 10 weeks ?
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=98689.0
3 pages.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:27:20 by mariomike »

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 14:55:40 »
See also,

BMQ changed to 10 weeks ?
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=98689.0
3 pages.

Unfortunately, that thread dates back to 2011, long before formal changes took place and there isn't relevant information related to the poster's question of  "...what's been removed...", since at that point it was all still rumour and/or speculation only.
"Stop worrying about getting back to who you were before it all went wrong. To heal is to understand that the person you've since become is the one who's most capable of doing whatever it is you were put here to do."~SR