Author Topic: Rugby vs Soccer  (Read 586 times)

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -6945.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.

Offline PPCLI Guy

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • It's all good
Re: Rugby vs Soccer
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 20:04:48 »
https://deadspin.com/rugby-man-slaps-dislocated-knee-back-into-place-immedi-1835922894

That.  Is.  Awesome. 

One of my proudest rugby moments is when I was hit so hard I had 3 cracked ribs and a collapsed lung....at 51 years old....and still played for another few minutes.
"The higher the rank, the more necessary it is that boldness should be accompanied by a reflective mind....for with increase in rank it becomes always a matter less of self-sacrifice and more a matter of the preservation of others, and the good of the whole."

Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Humphrey Bogart

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 20:20:59 »
That.  Is.  Awesome. 

One of my proudest rugby moments is when I was hit so hard I had 3 cracked ribs and a collapsed lung....at 51 years old....and still played for another few minutes.

Broke my hand in the 60th minute of a game two years ago in what would be my last rugby game I have played in. 

We had used up all our substitutions already so I had the hand taped and played the rest of the game.  I had no use of it but they moved me from Inside Centre to the Wing so I would have to make less tackles.  Ended up making a game saving tackle on the final play whereby I used my broken hand to prevent the ball from being grounded.

We won and my spouse promptly drove me to the hospital to have my hand x-rayed and splinted, scolding me the entire way.  That was the last season I played.  Might play again when I'm old enough for Old Boys in two years.

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -6945.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 21:04:58 »
Figured the rugby players would like it. ;)
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.

Offline RomeoJuliet

• Donor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 22:58:16 »
Played for a team in Zurich, had a friendly in France. Effin’  dude from the French team bit me. He received a punch in the face causing a wild melee. Ah rugby, élégant violence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Humphrey Bogart

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 23:47:12 »
Played for a team in Zurich, had a friendly in France. Effin’  dude from the French team bit me. He received a punch in the face causing a wild melee. Ah rugby, élégant violence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmao!  That's French Rugby for you, notorious for all out brawls.  It's the latin way as Argentina, Romania and Italy are much the same.

French Rugby also loves enforcers.  One of Canada's most famous players was a big time enforcer for Clermont in France.  His name was Jamie Cudmore, also known as "Cuddles"  :rofl:

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 02:04:16 by Humphrey Bogart »