Author Topic: US Navy - we didn’t even know the warehouse existed  (Read 974 times)

Offline Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
US Navy - we didn’t even know the warehouse existed
« on: October 27, 2019, 11:36:46 »
Modly’s latest readiness snapshot for the Navy and Marine Corps came through an external audit by Ernst and Young. While the sea service maintains a 99.9 percent accuracy of its audits on individual warships, it suffered from a lack of information on its shore-based facilities, he said.

He disclosed that the audit team found a warehouse in Jacksonville, Florida, last year that contained more than $126 million in F-14 Tomcat, P-3 Orion and P-8 Poseidon parts.

“Not only did we not know that the parts existed, we didn’t even know the warehouse existed,” he said.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/10/25/pentagon-official-wants-to-keep-shaking-up-the-navy-marines/

Maverick or Iran? Just wondering who still needs those F-14 parts.
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

"If change isn’t allowed to be a process, it becomes an event." - Penny Mordaunt 10/10/2019

Offline SeaKingTacco

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Door Gunnery- The Sport of Kings!
Re: US Navy - we didn’t even know the warehouse existed
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 12:00:39 »
P3 parts, eh? You don't say....
 :whistle:

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 19:10:18 »
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Online CBH99

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 19:32:09 »
Don't bases do their own audits also?

Did nobody seriously ask "Hey, whats that big warehouse over there?  What do we use it for?"    at any point?

F-14 parts might be a bit outdated...but parts for P8's sound like they'd be something worth keeping track of...
Fortune Favours the Bold...and the Smart.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some Boondock Saints kicking around?

Offline Baz

• Donor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 05:50:41 »
F-14 parts might be a bit outdated...but parts for P8's sound like they'd be something worth keeping track of...

They are supposed to be keeping close track of F-14 parts and destroying them all.  There are probably a few black marketeers dealing with Iran that would be interested in an uncontrolled warehouse with F-14 parts.