Author Topic: AESOp ( MOC 081)  (Read 575752 times)

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
Re: AESOp ( MOC 081)
« Reply #1150 on: October 30, 2019, 21:14:39 »
How long have you been on BTL?  Have you completed AMT yet?  Have you had any emails, etc from the 2 CAD AES Op Trg CWO yet?  Is your security clearance the required level, or is it processing? 

You can PM me more details if you'd like for confidentiality. 

Offline DeepBlueSea

• Rate Post
« Reply #1151 on: February 07, 2020, 15:39:02 »
I was curious if anyone had any information about VOT-T selections. I have been told by the BPSO that my file has passed Ottawa's scrutiny and went on to selection. The trade still has 19 out of 20 slots for selection.  The BPSO has no information when AES Op selection boards are taking place. Any chance anyone knows on here?  If not, I will continue to be patient and wait.  Thank you in advance for any information.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 15:50:50 by Gkeighley »

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #1152 on: February 07, 2020, 20:37:04 »
I don't know myself;  not something I track usually.  No info was in the VOTP CANFORGEN on dates/timelines??

Offline DeepBlueSea

• Rate Post
« Reply #1153 on: February 07, 2020, 22:14:33 »
I don't know myself;  not something I track usually.  No info was in the VOTP CANFORGEN on dates/timelines??

In the CANFORGEN there was no specifics with regards to when the AES Op boards sit for VOTP.  The BPSO does not even know. I thought perhaps someone here may have a more narrowed down idea.  The CANFORGEN just gives general information of offers deadlines; the end of March. With the non-selection messages by the end of May.  I am just itching for the outcome.

I am determined to be an AES Op and after 2 years of trying I just really want this.  I finished AMT today and am in the process of finishing BEW.  I talked to my career manager to let him know my intentions, he said he would support me. I am doing everything I can to line myself up for success in my future.

Thank you for your reply EITS.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 23:21:01 by Gkeighley »

Offline Ditch

• Established 1998
  • Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I routinely step in it, but like conflict...
« Reply #1154 on: February 08, 2020, 01:58:12 »
Well done on your perseverance- we need a whole bunch of more AESOPs.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #1155 on: February 08, 2020, 10:17:53 »
In the CANFORGEN there was no specifics with regards to when the AES Op boards sit for VOTP.  The BPSO does not even know. I thought perhaps someone here may have a more narrowed down idea.  The CANFORGEN just gives general information of offers deadlines; the end of March. With the non-selection messages by the end of May.  I am just itching for the outcome.

Copy that.  I know some trades are doing boards *now* or very close to the left and right of *now* (I have a mbr processing for a COT so have been in comm's with the local PSO office).

I've asked a question on our trade net (closed FB group) that the SOA is on re: VOTP selection;  stand by to stand by.   8)  If he isn't sure, I'll ask a PSO friend of mine...

I am determined to be an AES Op and after 2 years of trying I just really want this.  I finished AMT today and am in the process of finishing BEW.  I talked to my career manager to let him know my intentions, he said he would support me. I am doing everything I can to line myself up for success in my future.

I'll echo Ditch's comment about perseverance; BZ.  He is 101% accurate on the 'whole bunch' more AES Ops needed.  The demand for us in only going to increase for the near to middle (*yesterday*= near to...10 years out?) future.

I will say...if/when you get accepted, don't be discouraged if there are delays in your VOT date and your training in Wpg @ 402 date.  There is a fair size BTL for our trade and the initial occ trg pipeline is fixed at this time and can't be widened.  I always say...enjoy your BTL time though because once you get into the trg system, it can be a bit of a ride.  Once you're out of it, you will be at an operational Sqn.  Unless you're in a ground job or at an OTU (which you won't be on your 1st tour...), the op tempo is sometimes significant. 

AMT already...what is your current MOSID?  (feel free to fire me a PM if you...)  Do you know any of the folks over @ 402?

Offline DeepBlueSea

• Rate Post
« Reply #1156 on: February 08, 2020, 11:05:45 »
Copy that.  I know some trades are doing boards *now* or very close to the left and right of *now* (I have a mbr processing for a COT so have been in comm's with the local PSO office).

I've asked a question on our trade net (closed FB group) that the SOA is on re: VOTP selection;  stand by to stand by.   8)  If he isn't sure, I'll ask a PSO friend of mine...

I'll echo Ditch's comment about perseverance; BZ.  He is 101% accurate on the 'whole bunch' more AES Ops needed.  The demand for us in only going to increase for the near to middle (*yesterday*= near to...10 years out?) future.

I will say...if/when you get accepted, don't be discouraged if there are delays in your VOT date and your training in Wpg @ 402 date.  There is a fair size BTL for our trade and the initial occ trg pipeline is fixed at this time and can't be widened.  I always say...enjoy your BTL time though because once you get into the trg system, it can be a bit of a ride.  Once you're out of it, you will be at an operational Sqn.  Unless you're in a ground job or at an OTU (which you won't be on your 1st tour...), the op tempo is sometimes significant. 

AMT already...what is your current MOSID?  (feel free to fire me a PM if you...)  Do you know any of the folks over @ 402?

I am an AC Op; I asked my chain of command if I could go on the course and was told to load myself through the school.  I did it on my shift days off.  My chain is very supportive of the VOT process I am going through.  It was a good course and I learned a lot.  I do know some of the instructors teaching at the school over at 402 Sqn; I worked with them when they were at 1 CAD.  I did notice that the BTL list, as of Jul 19, was quite large; 80 plus.  I just hope if this all works out this year that I will be put in a BTL position that I can learn more about the AES Op trade; like assisting with training (somewhere over at 402 Sqn) or maybe helping over at CFSSAT.  I don't really want to be put on waivers to continue what I am currently employed to do right now, as AES Ops have line numbers where I work.  I enjoy training and have always loved the ride.  My last posting was at a tactical control radar squadron and we were always very busy, I think well at that posting I spent 1.5 years out of the 3 years there away.  Suffice to say I enjoy being busy and enjoy a high ops tempo and my family is quite used to it. 

Thank you for asking around about the boards.

Time will tell and patience will prevail for the future. 

Respectfully.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 11:08:58 by DeepBlueSea »

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #1157 on: February 08, 2020, 11:10:35 »
Copy all, PM inbound.

Offline brcool

• Rate Post
Airborne Electronic Sensor Operator
« Reply #1158 on: September 14, 2020, 03:37:10 »
Good morning,

I was wondering of anyone who completed Airborne Electronic Sensor Operator occupational training, of how difficult did you find the training?

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
Re: Airborne Electronic Sensor Operator
« Reply #1159 on: September 14, 2020, 09:31:41 »
Good morning,

I was wondering of anyone who completed Airborne Electronic Sensor Operator occupational training, of how difficult did you find the training?

Some people find it a challenge, others not as much.  Some of it depends on aptitude, motivation, dedication and time management (big piece of being successful).

I'd start about here in this thread...skim through, lots of info already.

If you have any question after that...fire away, and I'll do what I can to answer.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 09:34:48 by Eye In The Sky »

Offline astro-dog

• Rate Post
« Reply #1160 on: October 31, 2020, 10:34:58 »
Is the CT/OT untrained still around 2 for AES OP?