Author Topic: Vibrum (sp) soles (aka VIBRAM ...)  (Read 25550 times)

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
Re: Vibrum (sp) soles (aka VIBRAM ...)
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2005, 23:34:03 »
PS, did you know that for the amount of pers who want to re-sole their boots to vibrams....NDHQ has never...neverreceived a UCR from a single person recommending this change?

You're *** is sucking wind! That's been a pretty sheltered 18 years.
Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Offline tech79

• Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2006, 10:52:27 »
So in the reserves in the GTA, who would I see to get a chit to get the insoles, I have terrible knees from a sever break when I was younger and the mkIII's are killing me.  Do i have to see an army medic, if so where, or can I get a note from my GP and simply hand it to my Coy ??

Offline >>Paladin<<

• Rate Post
  • "In Pace Paratus"
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2006, 09:39:53 »
Hi everyone!!

Does anybody know where I can get vibrum (spelling?) soles put on my combat boots? Preferably around the Toronto or GTA area.   Also the cost involved.... Thanks!   :cdn:

Yes, there are several locations in TO to get the Vibram soles put on. I just got my first pair done by power of the medical chit given to me by one of the MOs at the MIR at ASU Toronto (where you should be going to get it presuming that you are a member of a unit in 32 CBG). I got 'em after I had surgery done on my knee for an ACL repair and a medial meniscus tear and I tell ya, it is a thing of beauty to have those on the black caddies after recovery. Reg Force members get 'em paid for, dunno about Reservists. The place they directed me to go was a shop at Fairview Mall (Sheppard & Donmills) called Sole Proprietor (97 bucks a pair taxes in). Cheers!  :cdn:
"I chose nothing...I was born and this is what I am."---Achilles---

Offline TAC MP

• OBSERVER
  • Rate Post
  • Member formally known as MPSHIELD
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2006, 03:09:04 »
97 bucks a pair taxes in

WOW, I must have gotten a deal. Mine were just $70 after taxes.
"...quick hold my Timmy's...I'm going in..."
-I'm sure someone said it at sometime or another.

"...but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death..."
-Benjamin Franklin
Excerpt from a letter to Jean Baptiste Le Roy; dated November 13, 1789

"I know not what weapons of WW III will be fought, WW IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
-Albert Einstein

Offline deh

• Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2006, 03:14:31 »
If you have the good sense and good fortune to live in Montreal there is a place in NDG that will do an amazing job, and fix them up for the life of your boot, even when the sole starts peeling off.  Taxes in will cost you $55.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

Offline COBRA-6

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2006, 04:30:25 »
So in the reserves in the GTA, who would I see to get a chit to get the insoles, I have terrible knees from a sever break when I was younger and the mkIII's are killing me.  Do i have to see an army medic, if so where, or can I get a note from my GP and simply hand it to my Coy ??

tech79, are you on class B?

BTW this topic has been discussed extensively. Try "vibram" in the advance search function.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Offline Not a Sig Op

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2006, 18:01:10 »
I paid $60 after tax per pair when I had mine done in Kingston (Had a med-chit, but was told I had to pay for them myself as I was on a short term B contract)

Our local shoe maker will do it for $40 + taxes, so shop around.
Remember troops, the minimum acceptable standard is still an acceptable standard.