Author Topic: University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM)-NCM to Officer [MERGED]  (Read 499485 times)

Online ridsteram

• Rate Post
Re: University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM)-NCM to Officer [MERGED]
« Reply #1225 on: May 08, 2018, 12:52:17 »
I'm going to second this for everyone here - the CFAT counts for 60% of your total score that goes to the boards (the rest being your personality test and the interview results/how well they feel you're a fit for the occupation(s) you applied for).  If you have a low CFAT score, study up and write it again.  It doesn't matter if you're applying for the 1st or 5th time, you're going up against everyone who applied for that year.  As an example: I got selected this year on my first try, and I had a CFAT score of 55.2/60.  It doesn't matter that this was my first year applying, or that I wrote the CFAT 18 years ago fresh out of high school with math, science and English fresh in my head.  Fair or not, it's what the process is based on and probably the easiest/fastest way to improve your chances of getting selected.

Good luck to everyone out there still waiting on an offer!

What does that score equate to in percentile for officers? What trade did you come from?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 13:16:37 by ridsteram »

Offline Khisanth

• Rate Post
« Reply #1226 on: May 08, 2018, 14:08:45 »
What does that score equate to in percentile for officers? What trade did you come from?

I have no idea what that equates to in terms of NCM or Officer standings, I was just given my raw score.  I am a Geo Tech and I got picked up for CELE.

Online MasterInstructor

• Rate Post
« Reply #1227 on: May 08, 2018, 17:35:38 »
There has not been any news on offers since last Thursday.... Ugh.

Offline virtualwog

• Rate Post
« Reply #1228 on: May 08, 2018, 18:31:18 »
There has not been any news on offers since last Thursday.... Ugh.

Might be able to shed some light on that. I contacted my BPSO office today, spoke with the civilian administrator. She said there's a conference in Ottawa this week, and not to expect any message unless it was already cut and waiting to be released. My BPSO's email has an out-of-office message until Monday. We might just have to sit tight until next week.
+150

Online MasterInstructor

• Rate Post
« Reply #1229 on: May 08, 2018, 20:21:59 »

Might be able to shed some light on that. I contacted my BPSO office today, spoke with the civilian administrator. She said there's a conference in Ottawa this week, and not to expect any message unless it was already cut and waiting to be released. My BPSO's email has an out-of-office message until Monday. We might just have to sit tight until next week.

Thanks for the info!

I haven't heard from my BPSO re: number of applicants

Offline Damen

• Rate Post
« Reply #1230 on: May 09, 2018, 16:15:40 »
Well that is exciting, good luck! Although, I am confused why you do not think the message is not yours? 16 applicants and 15 positions. What are the chances of you being that 1 person who did not get it, especially when combined with the odds that out of the 16, another person also applied for Log Air from Shearwater.... Not to mention your CFAT score is much higher than mine... ;) Statistically, if the information is correct, that offer is pretty much yours :)

Was that for UTPNCM or SCP?

Offline jofafa

• Rate Post
« Reply #1231 on: May 09, 2018, 18:00:31 »
UTP

Offline nordi

• Rate Post
« Reply #1232 on: May 11, 2018, 14:44:00 »
Edit: I will ensure I have verified numbers next time.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 15:30:59 by nordi »

Online kratz

Spring 2018.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1233 on: May 11, 2018, 15:20:35 »
The value of this site is not rumour, innuendo, whispers or tea readings.

Alcon this thread, reread this site's Conduct Guidelines, which is kindly provided at the bottom of all pages on these forums.

This is your warning.

Kratz
DS

Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Online MasterInstructor

• Rate Post
« Reply #1234 on: May 11, 2018, 15:40:57 »
The value of this site is not rumour, innuendo, whispers or tea readings.

Alcon this thread, reread this site's Conduct Guidelines, which is kindly provided at the bottom of all pages on these forums.

This is your warning.

Kratz
DS

Everyone speaking on this thread is happy and value sharing information to best of our abilities. No one is complaining. Let us continue what we are doing as everyone involved in the conversation is satisfied with the conduct. I thought we were over with over-reaching, micromanaging moderation of this site.

Online kratz

Spring 2018.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1235 on: May 11, 2018, 15:45:27 »
Nordi succeeded in a fast "nija edit" of their post.

I stand by the warning.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline jofafa

• Rate Post
« Reply #1236 on: May 14, 2018, 07:40:00 »
Good luck this week!

Offline K1tesurf

• Rate Post
« Reply #1237 on: May 15, 2018, 11:17:24 »
I think anyone who hasn't heard anything by now probably wasn't selected in the initial round. I am told I have a fairly strong file; however this is my second attempt and still not selected. I feel like my file with my experience would be very strong against civilians off the street for an ROTP/DEO position. Has anyone gotten out and gotten back in? With the new approved VAC school money I am seriously considering giving this UTP one more try and then just releasing so I can get my UNI finished, if I manage to get back in that's great otherwise I guess its on to civvy life lol.

Offline MaritimeMogul

• Rate Post
« Reply #1238 on: May 15, 2018, 11:39:22 »
I think anyone who hasn't heard anything by now probably wasn't selected in the initial round. I am told I have a fairly strong file; however this is my second attempt and still not selected. I feel like my file with my experience would be very strong against civilians off the street for an ROTP/DEO position. Has anyone gotten out and gotten back in? With the new approved VAC school money I am seriously considering giving this UTP one more try and then just releasing so I can get my UNI finished, if I manage to get back in that's great otherwise I guess its on to civvy life lol.

I wouldn't give up hope just yet. Every year there are delays in the release of messages for one reason or another. You have to remember (unless things have drastically changed in just one year), that there is only a Captain and a Sergeant responsible for all message review and drafting for release. They take care of all the programs, so their busy! Be patient for now!

Fun fact: I was picked on my first application last year, on the initial round of messages and the message DTG was 1 Jun. Patience is a virtue !

Offline jofafa

• Rate Post
« Reply #1239 on: May 15, 2018, 12:28:07 »
It is still early. CANFORGEN says end of May...

Offline regulator12

• Rate Post
« Reply #1240 on: May 15, 2018, 21:47:25 »
I can confirm two pers from our unit out west have recieved their offers a couple weeks ago. One was infantry the other was LOGO army.

Online MasterInstructor

• Rate Post
« Reply #1241 on: May 16, 2018, 12:57:15 »
I think it is pretty much done now except few secondary offers which happen if someone does not accept their offer.

Offline nordi

• Rate Post
« Reply #1242 on: May 16, 2018, 14:46:30 »
Well thats pretty dissapointing.. Oh well more online courses for me.

Online MasterInstructor

• Rate Post
« Reply #1243 on: May 16, 2018, 14:47:49 »
I think it is pretty much done now except few secondary offers which happen if someone does not accept their offer.

Correction. Esquimalt received an offer this morning. No trade was specified. Info is from BPSO office after I asked if they are still getting offers.

Offline jofafa

• Rate Post
« Reply #1244 on: May 16, 2018, 20:20:41 »
Again, CANFORGEN states NLT MAY 18, which means they still have another 2 weeks. Plenty of time

Offline Damen

• Rate Post
« Reply #1245 on: May 17, 2018, 12:40:57 »
Any information regarding SCP offers?

Online MasterInstructor

• Rate Post
« Reply #1246 on: May 17, 2018, 14:41:30 »
I just got info on my 3rd rejection for Log Sea. Not a message but it was through the CM. I was told I was not close to make the cut. Even if few people did not take their offers, I would not make it.

This also disproves the info on 15 positions and 16 applicants

Offline Glade88

• Rate Post
« Reply #1247 on: May 17, 2018, 14:51:15 »
Any information regarding SCP offers?

I'm wondering the same thing. I've only heard members getting UTPNCM Offers/Messages. I haven't heard anything on SCP. I felt really good about my application right after my interview. As the months go by I'm feeling less confident.

Offline sheilainthevalley

• Rate Post
« Reply #1248 on: May 17, 2018, 15:38:30 »
I found out from an insider that I did not make the cut for two of my trades I was competing for. I inquired about the third trade and was told that a mandatory piece of the application was not completed, so I was ineligible from meriting on that board. To add insult to injury, I was told that it would have been my most competitive option (not a guaranteed win, but a chance), had I completed the final piece.

I had never heard of that piece of the application and I don't know if I have any options aside from waiting another year and competing again. Has this happened to anybody? Anyone have suggestions for moving forward?

Online MasterInstructor

• Rate Post
« Reply #1249 on: May 17, 2018, 15:58:28 »
I found out from an insider that I did not make the cut for two of my trades I was competing for. I inquired about the third trade and was told that a mandatory piece of the application was not completed, so I was ineligible from meriting on that board. To add insult to injury, I was told that it would have been my most competitive option (not a guaranteed win, but a chance), had I completed the final piece.

I had never heard of that piece of the application and I don't know if I have any options aside from waiting another year and competing again. Has this happened to anybody? Anyone have suggestions for moving forward?

You would need to wait another year. Too bad your BPSO office did not catch the missing piece. Which piece was it if you do not mind me asking?