Author Topic: CADPAT Puttees  (Read 7362 times)

Offline Pencil Tech

• Rate Post
CADPAT Puttees
« on: October 01, 2005, 13:59:39 »
Lots of folks on these boards have commented on the amount of time and money CTS seems to putting into the seemingly dubious project to make CADPAT combat boots. If they want CADPAT on boots, wouldn't it be simpler to come up with some cheap and easy to use CADPAT puttees? What do people think?

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
Re: CADPAT Puttees
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 14:19:31 »
If they want CADPAT on boots, wouldn't it be simpler to come up with some cheap and easy to use CADPAT puttees? What do people think?

I think someone's smoking something dubious.  ;)

1) Puttees only cover the ankles anyway, not the whole boot.
2) If you've never had to wrap and wear them on a daily basis, don't wish for what you don't really want.
3) Sergeant Majors already have enough to do without reintroducing that dress item.

What you're looking for is gators, and we don't want those back either.
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline Pencil Tech

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 14:23:28 »
You're right, it's gaiters I was thinking of.   :-\ I don't think Sergeant Majors have nearly enough to do though.  ;)

Offline Chop

• Rate Post
  • Military
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 14:46:10 »
I have Gortex gaters I purchased at MEC, they are great for wet grass, rain and mud....

Offline Bzzliteyr

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 16:40:38 »
SeargentS major.. btw.. just being anal...
Adsum

UNPROFOR, CPSM, Canadian Forces Commander Land Force Command Commendation (Bosnia 1993), Canadian Decoration, General Campaign Star - ISAF

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 17:39:43 »
Yes.....you are.
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline Kat Stevens

Quando omni flunkus moritati.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 17:41:55 »
First time for everything on army.ca...
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline Britney Spears

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 18:30:37 »
There are apparently enough people who want to bring back the forage cap. Why not throw in some Cadpat spats too?
"I'd vote for you."
  -TCBF, whiskey601.

"Britney, if you wern't so young I would kiss you!"
  -a_majoor.

Offline paracowboy

• I keep sayin' it...
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Make The Voices Stop!
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 18:37:38 »
scarletts and pith helmets I say!
By the way, little lesson learned: when wearing scarletts and pith helmets, don't teach the troops to respond to the commands "Form hollow square! Fix bayonets! Prepare to repel cavalry! Front ranks kneeling, second ranks standing! Officers to the corners! In volley, by rank, fire!"
...time to cull the herd.

Offline Pencil Tech

• Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 19:56:07 »
Ok, I started this ridiculous discussion and I wish I hadn't.  :'( I really meant gaiters, not puttees, and obviously that's gone over like a lead balloon (not that CADPAT boots isn't a funny idea). Anyway I'm sorry. So what do you guys think of tricorn hats with feathers?

Offline HighlandIslander

• disapproves of pants
  • Rate Post
  • Accueillons vos Canadiens!
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 19:59:13 »
Anyway I'm sorry. So what do you guys think of tricorn hats with feathers?

The Black Watch has already got the feathers, and a tricorn wouldn't be so bad I guess...so long as I don't have to wear it in CADPAT :P

Offline reccecrewman

• Another fine day to be in the Corps..............
  • Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2005, 12:27:29 »
Ahhhhh.......... When will CADPAT mania end???? Whats next? CADPAT berets? Leave the boots & headgear as they are.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference....... Soldiers don't have that problem.

Better to die fighting, standing on your feet than to live life serving on your knees.

Offline Pte.Pinky

• Rate Post
  • "Fear has its use but cowardice has none" - Gandhi
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 22:39:26 »
and a tricorn wouldn't be so bad I guess...

I should so slap you for that...
"You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one."
- James A. Froude

Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 22:46:11 »
Already outlived it's usefullness.

John G. Diefenbaker