Author Topic: Miniature Medals..  (Read 35246 times)

Offline foxhound031

• Rate Post
Miniature Medals
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2011, 12:30:43 »
Hello everyone,

I have searched through the forums and tried all the websites that I have found listed.  I am looking for a place that sells miniature medals, specifically the MMV.  I know it is rarer one, supply doesn't even have the ribbon for it and wasn't able to tell me where to start looking for a miniature. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I also apologize if there is a site that has this as I may have not seen it, but I did go through the majority of them
Thank you again
The soldier above all others, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war - Unknown

Online ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
Re: Miniature Medals
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2011, 12:42:56 »
Try here: Joe Drouin Enterprises. Halfway down the page.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline foxhound031

• Rate Post
Re: Miniature Medals
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2011, 12:49:12 »
Thank you so much!
I saw that, I just didn't actually use the drop down menu to look, I just assumed it was the full size.  Thank you very much
The soldier above all others, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war - Unknown

Offline MMSS

• My knife hand is a registered weapon
  • Rate Post
Re: Miniature Medals..
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2016, 10:16:18 »
Thanks for merging all these topics although it looks like my original message got lost in the shuffle? Anyway just wondering if Joe Drouin is still the preferred source for miniatures or if anyone has found a cheaper/faster/better in some way site? (Seeing as posts are 5+ years old it's not impossible) Getting my first gong and trying to minimize the time it takes to have my mess kit up to date.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 10:21:36 by MMSS »

Offline Ostrozac

• Rate Post
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2016, 10:26:33 »
Joe is still good to go, I've just shopped with him recently for minis.

The only thing that would be faster is if you have a local medal mounting shop who already keeps everything in stock and does rush orders. There was a guy in Pet who did this, and one in Gagetown as well.

Offline Rheostatic

• Rate Post
  • Don't shoot the messenger
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2016, 10:36:51 »
I've found that some sellers on EBay have much better shipping rates than Joe Drouin.

Offline MMSS

• My knife hand is a registered weapon
  • Rate Post
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2016, 11:25:44 »
I've found that some sellers on EBay have much better shipping rates than Joe Drouin.

I looked at this a little but am concerned about quality. Never know if they are new/used/stolen.

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2016, 23:41:57 »
I deal with the RCR kit shop in Pet. They usually have most stuff in stock and I've had stuff in my hands in a week most times. They also have a good website that shows most of  the medals and ribbons.
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline Rheostatic

• Rate Post
  • Don't shoot the messenger
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2016, 10:16:11 »
I looked at this a little but am concerned about quality. Never know if they are new/used/stolen.
http://stores.ebay.ca/defencemedalscanada/
Shipping was much cheaper than Drouin, even at a much greater distance.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2016, 12:04:40 »
Located a little closer to you maybe...

http://christinemedals.ca/

Lee Medals used to be located in Dartmouth close to Cole Harbour, but relocated to Ontario a few years back.  I had my father's medals redone there and the work was really good.

http://leemedals.com/

A few more options for you.  Cheers.
"...Pilot, Radar...turn right, heading...3-6-5..."

Offline eliminator

• Rate Post
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2016, 12:13:16 »
IMO, Guthrie Woods makes the best miniature and full sized replica medals on the market. RCR kit shop sells many of their products, usually identified with "GW" in the item title.

http://www.guthriewoods.com

Offline Pusser

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2016, 03:08:55 »
IMO, Guthrie Woods makes the best miniature and full sized replica medals on the market. RCR kit shop sells many of their products, usually identified with "GW" in the item title.

http://www.guthriewoods.com

I agree that Guthrie Woods provides the best miniatures and full-size replicas.  Unfortunately, they don't provide ribbon or mount them.  I like to buy the medals from them, then get the ribbon from Joe Drouin and mount them myself.
Sure, apes read Nietzsche.  They just don't understand it.