Author Topic: Knife and uniform  (Read 3387 times)

Offline Anonymanus

• Rate Post
Knife and uniform
« on: February 16, 2006, 17:38:36 »
I'd like to know if I'm allowed to have a swiss knife on my belt, with the combat dress.

I've checked in my local orders and it doesn't seems to be specified.... I also checked a bit on the Internet and found nothing about it.

The longest blade is like 2 inches an ½ long and it's basicly just a tool.

If someone knows about it, I'd also like to know the reference of the rule that says weater or not we are allowed to.

Thanks a lot!

Offline mover1

• Rate Post
  • I wasn't looking at anybodys birthmark man........
Re: Knife and uniform
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 17:43:03 »
Ask your instructor...

most of us have been issued multi-tools so I can't see why a swiss army knife would be bad.

But to be on the safe side ask within your chain of command. Hearing an "OK yes you can do it" from someone on a somewhat anonymous WEBLOG will not stand up as an excuse as to why you are different from your mates.

Offline PViddy

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 18:28:02 »
OCdt. Goulet

Are you CIC ?

cheers

PV
PER ARDUA AD ASTRA

Offline Anonymanus

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 18:33:33 »
No, I'm not!
Why did you want to know that?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 18:37:09 by OCdt.Goulet »

Offline Maverick894

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 18:36:26 »
Because you are in the military, obviously you are allowed to carry a knife.

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 18:56:21 »
If your on course, ask your chain of command. If your not on course, go ahead and wear it. That's the simple answer.
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline PViddy

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 20:22:50 »
Because you are in the military, obviously you are allowed to carry a knife. 

Because the question is totally out of character, sounded like somthing a newly minted CIC Officer would ask straight out of Cadets and i am not blazing the Cadets/CIC, check my profile! I thought you guys were issued leathermans or gerbers etc. ?

cheers

PV
PER ARDUA AD ASTRA

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 21:33:27 »
I think everything has been answered here. If you have anything else substantial to add, PM me, I'll reopen it.
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker