Author Topic: Knife and uniform  (Read 3429 times)

Offline Anonymanus

• Rate Post
Knife and uniform
« on: February 16, 2006, 17:38:36 »
I'd like to know if I'm allowed to have a swiss knife on my belt, with the combat dress.

I've checked in my local orders and it doesn't seems to be specified.... I also checked a bit on the Internet and found nothing about it.

The longest blade is like 2 inches an ½ long and it's basicly just a tool.

If someone knows about it, I'd also like to know the reference of the rule that says weater or not we are allowed to.

Thanks a lot!

Offline mover1

• Rate Post
  • I wasn't looking at anybodys birthmark man........
Re: Knife and uniform
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 17:43:03 »
Ask your instructor...

most of us have been issued multi-tools so I can't see why a swiss army knife would be bad.

But to be on the safe side ask within your chain of command. Hearing an "OK yes you can do it" from someone on a somewhat anonymous WEBLOG will not stand up as an excuse as to why you are different from your mates.

Offline PViddy

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 18:28:02 »
OCdt. Goulet

Are you CIC ?

cheers

PV
PER ARDUA AD ASTRA

Offline Anonymanus

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 18:33:33 »
No, I'm not!
Why did you want to know that?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 18:37:09 by OCdt.Goulet »

Offline Maverick894

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 18:36:26 »
Because you are in the military, obviously you are allowed to carry a knife.

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services pai
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 18:56:21 »
If your on course, ask your chain of command. If your not on course, go ahead and wear it. That's the simple answer.
Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Offline PViddy

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 20:22:50 »
Because you are in the military, obviously you are allowed to carry a knife. 

Because the question is totally out of character, sounded like somthing a newly minted CIC Officer would ask straight out of Cadets and i am not blazing the Cadets/CIC, check my profile! I thought you guys were issued leathermans or gerbers etc. ?

cheers

PV
PER ARDUA AD ASTRA

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services pai
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 21:33:27 »
I think everything has been answered here. If you have anything else substantial to add, PM me, I'll reopen it.
Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.