Author Topic: Amber Alerts  (Read 9695 times)

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Amber Alerts
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2019, 23:17:43 »
I stopped dead at a green light this afternoon too allow a fire truck to cross the intersection.  The oxygen thief behind me leaned on the horn at me, Then pulled up beside me as the light turned red, rolled down his window and started to say something.

Some drivers pull over and stop. Some keep on going. Some like to tail-gate. Some just slam on their brakes...

« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 23:20:37 by mariomike »

Offline Cloud Cover

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2019, 21:05:30 »
- The oxygen thief behind me leaned on the horn at me, Then pulled up beside me as the light turned red, rolled down his window and started to say something.

I'm envisioning the scene in Sicario where grenades get tossed into open windows...
Living the lean life

Offline kratz

Summer is here...and more rain.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2019, 12:40:55 »
CTV.ca

It's good news the child is safe. I can't help but feel the police are looking for a positive story after the recent backlash with these alerts.

Five-year-old Ontario boy found safe; Amber Alert ends

A five-year-old Ontario boy whose disappearance prompted an Amber Alert has been found safe, police say.

The boy was reported missing Thursday morning by his father after failing to show up to school in Mississauga, Ont.

Police had been searching for the boy and his 47-year-old mother, who they say picked him up from school Wednesday afternoon.

Investigators had received information that the boy and his mother may have been travelled from Mississauga to London, Ont. Police said they were both found safe Thursday evening in Tilbury, Ont., nearly 150 kilometres southwest of London, "as a direct result of the Amber Alert."

Further details were not immediately available.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2019, 16:37:19 »
July 11, 2019

Ontarians Are Still Making Angry 911 Calls To Complain About Amber Alerts
https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/on/toronto/ontario-amber-alert-once-again-leads-to-angry-911-calls-from-residents-police-claim

"Some of the calls have been abusive and very rude."

Police have once again been receiving complaints from residents after issuing an Ontario Amber Alert at around 3:00 AM on Thursday. The alert was for two young boys, ages two and four, and their grandfather who had last been seen in Newmarket on Wednesday afternoon. Thankfully, a Toronto Police constable located their vehicle on Lake Shore Boulevard early Thursday morning. Authorities were able to resolve the matter without incident and cancelled the alert shortly thereafter.