Author Topic: Mess dress footwear?  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Rider Pride

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Easy to draw, hard to spell
Mess dress footwear?
« on: June 11, 2008, 22:36:02 »
What is the standard foot wear worn with mess dress?
"Return with your shield, or upon it."

Offline Michael O'Leary

• The moral high ground cannot be dominated by fire alone, it must be occupied to be claimed as held.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
Re: Mess dress footwear?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 22:37:03 »

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: Mess dress footwear?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 22:52:49 »
What is the standard foot wear worn with mess dress?

That would depend on Branch/Service/Regiment.  Try looking in CF Dress Regs for your appropriate Mess Kit.  You should find not only the type of Mess Kit, but also the placement of buttons, colour of Facings, type of shirt and shirt collar, whether or not you wear a vest or cummerbund, do you wear Wellingtons, Wellingtons with spurs, low shoes, or boots, etc.  You may also have to go to your Branch Chief for advice in case of "Branch peculiarities".

I may presume that you are going to wear low shoes with your maroon cummerbund; unless you prefer to wear your old Branch, Armour Mess Kit with Wellingtons and spurs and of course your Medical buttons and accoutrements, if you have it..........it being "Grandfathered".  

When in doubt, ask your Branch Chief or CWO/CO's advice/permission.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.