Author Topic: Fitness for Operational Requirements of CAF Employment ( FORCE )  (Read 720776 times)

Offline FlyLikeAnEagle

• Rate Post
Day 1 Run
« Reply #1100 on: September 03, 2017, 13:12:57 »
Hi. So i'm starting my BMQ on the 11th and just want to know 1 thing. How long is the day 1 run? 2 miles or more?

Online PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
Re: Day 1 Run
« Reply #1101 on: September 03, 2017, 13:19:29 »
As long as it doesn't take you 2 hours to jog the 4 miles (6.4 KM) you say you jog every day, you'll be fine. We also use Kilometres, not miles.

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #1102 on: September 03, 2017, 13:44:57 »
Hi. So i'm starting my BMQ on the 11th and just want to know 1 thing. How long is the day 1 run? 2 miles or more?

Day 1 run? Where did you hear that? Is that an actual 'thing' now? "Day 1" is full of a lot of rushing around in general. (I'm trying my damnedest to recall a specific, organized, PT running period on my first day of both pl's and can't. Not saying it can't happen, just saying it didn't with me.)

Your first few distance runs in general, however, will start out at pretty much the 5-7km mark and start going up from there. My experience was that the distance runs happened a lot during morning PT, intermingled with burpees, jumping jacks, push-ups and such when the staff felt like it.
Occasionally it was a straight run at a pretty good pace, no stopping/extra conditioning, a bit of puking by some.

I found that a PT period during the day was a lot more conditioning and such. So circuits, sprint exercises, log PT, weights, etc.

Like PC said though, if you can run like you've already mentioned, you shouldn't have any issues with the pace and/or distances introduced at the beginning.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 13:50:29 by BeyondTheNow »
"Stop worrying about getting back to who you were before it all went wrong. To heal is to understand that the person you've since become is the one who's most capable of doing whatever it is you were put here to do."~SR

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline FlyLikeAnEagle

• Rate Post
« Reply #1104 on: September 03, 2017, 13:58:48 »
As long as it doesn't take you 2 hours to jog the 4 miles (6.4 KM) you say you jog every day, you'll be fine. We also use Kilometres, not miles.

4 miles = 32 minutes to 40 minutes. Is the course their flat or hilly?

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #1105 on: September 03, 2017, 14:00:03 »
4 miles = 32 minutes to 40 minutes. Is the course their flat or hilly?

On the base, it's flat.
"Stop worrying about getting back to who you were before it all went wrong. To heal is to understand that the person you've since become is the one who's most capable of doing whatever it is you were put here to do."~SR

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
The only time you have "too much gas" is when you're on fire.