Author Topic: Free Mandarin buffet for Canadian citizens called a violation of human rights  (Read 7351 times)

Offline kratz

Summer is here...and more rain.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Sadly,

The only way people seem to be heard these days are through identity politics and the internet.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
At first I didn’t realize the thread had a decade jump in it...it hasn’t changed. I do find it a bit humorous , though, picturing people standing in line with their passports, B/Certs etc. just to eat.

Regardless of the owner’s intentions, some people who are looking to become citizens can be in the process for quite some time—many years in some instances.

So someone’s here, working, paying taxes, being a contribution to society, perhaps furthering their education simultaneously while raising a family, but they can’t take part in the promotion because of red tape. Who cares, just open it to everyone. Mandarin can stand to take a hit one day out of the year to show appreciation for...whatever. Their pricing (while the food IS tasty and the selection very good) is decently expensive for the average person working an hourly wage, especially on weekends and/or holidays.

I don’t think it should be considered (by whomever on the internet) as a human rights violation, or arguing it as such. I just think it’s poor execution of what could be a very kind gesture otherwise.
~ "Don't do the dumb." ~

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Politics aside, if that's how anyone plans to spend their Canada Day, might be an idea to bring a folding chair and a deck of cards.  :)

"The staff had informed me the first person in line arrived at 1 AM the previous night."

I think they close for a couple of hours between lunch and dinner. So, add that to the standing in line time.

Those who handled the Raptors parade can probably handle this.

Expect lots of plate flipping once inside.

Feeding frenzy begins at noon.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 08:29:51 by mariomike »

Offline X Royal

• Rate Post
Sadly,

The only way people seem to be heard these days are through identity politics and the internet.

Well that's one retro post.

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Well that's one retro post.

This special event is only held every five or ten years.

So, rather than start a new discussion of the same subject, we have this Sticky,

Necroposting - Not always a bad idea 
https://navy.ca/forums/index.php/topic,87278.0.html

Politics aside, looks like they had a pretty good turnout today,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M8Ry0K_mJI

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 20:42:09 by mariomike »

Offline Not a Sig Op

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.
"The staff had informed me the first person in line arrived at 1 AM the previous night."

How little do these people value their time???

A normal meal costs max $30 after taxes, less for lunch.

Online Bruce Monkhouse

Is a pinball wizard.

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
    • http://www.canadianbands.com./home.html
How little do these people value their time???

A normal meal costs max $30 after taxes, less for lunch.
Try seeing the Costco sample line ups....
IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Offline Not a Sig Op

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.
Try seeing the Costco sample line ups....

My wife has adopted my habit of referring to shopping at costco as "making an assault".

Speed and aggression.