• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs 🤣

As soon as ball hats are made universal, the whining will start that they can't be worn backwards, or the real hep cats will flip the brims up or sideways.
Wouldn’t shock me given people getting upset about flipped up brims on bush caps old and new.

As soon as ball hats are made universal, the whining will start that they can't be worn backwards, or the real hep cats will flip the brims up or sideways.
The RCN has been wearing them for years, it's never been an issue there...

I'm a ball cap guy. We have no issue with it for work dress in the RCN.

I haven't worn my beret in forever nor do I know where it is... Hmmm

Doesn't CADPAT got just as many if not more large pockets as NCDs do? Not exactly hard to stick a ballcap in there.
Perhaps, but there's no pockets on the flightsuit that will hold a ballcap, maybe they can make a fanny pack to go with it?

Perhaps, but there's no pockets on the flightsuit that will hold a ballcap, maybe they can make a fanny pack to go with it?
I suppose an alternative would be no headdress in a flightsuit, unless for sun or cold protection.

Unless you were really set on that fanny pack... It could be fun neon colours, just like we had in the 90s.

Truly, why even have a mandated head dress for times other than ceremonial ?

What's the point ? Provide the option and let the member choose.

Truly, why even have a mandated head dress for times other than ceremonial ?

What's the point ? Provide the option and let the member choose.
GIF by Justin

(I couldn't find the 'Apolcalypse Now' clip on here)

Well from the sound of it the Air Force is about to implement ball caps (it's about time imo). Also here in Comox the Wing de-linked the tuque/gloves thing so it's a non issue here.
They are late to the party. Comox SNAGS, 409 Sqn, 1980. I wore my Sqn ball cap, white coveralls and flight jacket from home to work and back all the time.

Never let logic or common sense or even operational training get in the way of some people's obsessive desire to micromanage every aspect of people's lives.

Because as well all know, what matters most in the military isn't doing the actual job, it's looking the same when we do it. /s

Having spent a pretty decent amount of time In the field and deployed over 32 years and change, I’d say that is “more true” in garrison / base-side than doing operational stuff.

It also doesn’t seem to be the way in operational Air Force Sqns from my experience in them.

Last edited:
Well from the sound of it the Air Force is about to implement ball caps (it's about time imo). Also here in Comox the Wing de-linked the tuque/gloves thing so it's a non issue here.

Yup; it’s been formally approved. Hopefully the hat that is chosen is comfortable and fits in a leg pocket.
Now if only the Army could 'get on the same team' ;)

Our techs/AEREs wear Sqn ball hats with LWCC/ECU now…

Back