• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

King Charles III

FSTO

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
A place to praise or poke the ascended King of Canada

Survey says: 60% ;)

6 in 10 Britons now say King Charles III will do a good job as King​

First Ipsos polling of attitudes towards the Royal Family and the new King following the passing of Queen Elizabeth II.

23 September 2022

Following the passing of Queen Elizabeth II and Charles taking his first steps as the new monarch, new polling by Ipsos in the UK shows a majority of Britons now expect him to do a good job as King. Around 6 in 10 (61%) expect this to be the case, showing an increase of 12ppt, from 49%, since June of this year, when the Platinum Jubilee took place. Only 13% expect him to do a bad job, falling 7ppt since June.

Chart: Three in five think that King Charles III would do a good job as King, which has risen from earlier in the year

I think HM The King is far more cognizant of the narrow path before him than many give credit for.

He knows that the only way he will remain in his current role is if he adapts the monarchy for the 21st century; mich like his late mother and grandfather did in the 20th. He has demonstrated his aptitude in the restructure of the Duchy of Cornwall as well as in his desire to see a monarchy that is sleek, efficient, and serves the interest of his subjects.

Where he will probably fall of the rails is how he deals with rest of the traveling road show. He has a great ally in the Princess Royal, as well as in the Prince and Princess of Wales. The Earl and Countess of Wessex are empty suits, but can be called in when needed.

Randy Andy, Fergie, and the California Kids on the other hand.....

Let the change parade begin! ...unless Canada decides to keep with the St. Edward Crown.

Attachments

• skynews-kng-charles-cypher_5911343.jpg
    skynews-kng-charles-cypher_5911343.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I think HM The King is far more cognizant of the narrow path before him than many give credit for.

He knows that the only way he will remain in his current role is if he adapts the monarchy for the 21st century;

This is a wonderful fallacy, thinking that the Regent will be operating under some kind of threat of replacement if the 'masses are displeased'.

It doesn't matter what people think of him. He'll remain on the throne until he hands over/ kicks off.

I'm betting he'll double down on the Queen's winning/ traditional approach knowing that he's being viewed with a slightly jaundiced eye.

This is a wonderful fallacy, thinking that the Regent will be operating under some kind of threat of replacement if the 'masses are displeased'.
Seemed to be the case with the Romanovs and Cousin Willie. I'm certain we're it not for the abdication of the Duke of Windsor, things very well might be different today for the Royal Family.
It doesn't matter what people think of him. He'll remain on the throne until he hands over/ kicks off.
Both of which can be expedited if there is a lack of support from the people he now reigns over. The Regent retains their power only due to Parliament allowing it. I remember a war in which another King Charles faired rather poorly for forgetting that fact.

I'm betting he'll double down on the Queen's winning/ traditional approach knowing that he's being viewed with a slightly jaundiced eye.
This is the main point of my previous post. HM King Charles III had the luck of being mentored by someone who knew the job inside and out; and had to press on regardless of which way and how hard the wind was blowing. I have every faith he can steer the ship, it's the crew that makes me nervous.

Im very surprised that he is using the Tudor Crown, now I am going to have to have a fight with everyone who tries to call it a Kings Crown.
Did you see that the Scottish are using a different cipher? Why can’t we just go our own way. I don’t under stand this stuff at all

Did you see that the Scottish are using a different cipher? Why can’t we just go our own way. I don’t under stand this stuff at all
The way I understand it, that is the Royal cipher he has chosen for Scotland recognizing the union of the two countries under one sovereign.

I don't know enough of the protocols to understand what latitude the dominions have.

You could save with being a Republic, y’know ;)
Yes, that would be an easy, smooth transition - should take an afternoon - to make things in this country well, pretty much exactly the same.

I think people who want a Republic need just to look at 6 Jan 21

Last edited:
Back