• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

Hazarding a guess - if you open a mine in Africa, and the government decides it wants it and takes it then you are insured. Like I said just a guess.
In a foreign country that would make sense, but if I understand the article correctly, this is domestic insurance within China. 🤔

Hazarding a guess - if you open a mine in Africa, and the government decides it wants it and takes it then you are insured. Like I said just a guess.
Hell that happens here. When the PEI government decided to take over the video lottery terminals they basically stole them. They gave the owners peanuts for them. Pat Mella even said the payment was a token amount.

I didn't like the VLT's but the owners didn't deserve their property stolen like that.

I wouldn’t classify him as “useful idiot”. He is extremely intelligent. I would classify him as “captured elite”. He knows what he’s doing and looking out for his own interests.
Most of Stalin’s useful idiots were the intellectual elites of the west.

I’d argue that Barton has no concept of loyalty to nothing but his bank account. His culpability to the opioid crisis is just one example.

Most of Stalin’s useful idiots were the intellectual elites of the west.
And still are "intellectual elites". Once they figure out what really happened its too late and its "off to gulag with you Comrade!!! "(Russian accent)

Time for the pleasure of the Crown to end for Woo’s and Oh’s Senatorial service.
Seems like an easy decision. If that easy decision isn't shortly forthcoming, we know how far up the compromise goes.

China Naval Modernization: Implications for U.S. Navy Capabilities—Background and Issues for Congress; Jan. 30, 2024​

“China’s navy is, by far, the largest of any country in East Asia, and sometime between 2015 and 2020 it surpassed the U.S. Navy in numbers of battle force ships, meaning the types of ships that count toward the quoted size of the U.S. Navy. DOD states that China’s navy “is the largest navy in the world with a battle force of over 370 platforms, including major surface combatants, submarines, ocean-going amphibious ships, mine warfare ships, aircraft carriers, and fleet auxiliaries. Notably, this figure does not include approximately 60 HOUBEI-class patrol combatants that carry anti-ship cruise missiles (ASCM). The… overall battle force [of China’s navy] is expected to grow to 395 ships by 2025 and 435 ships by 2030.” The U.S. Navy, by comparison, included 292 battle force ships as of January 29, 2024, and the Navy’s FY2024 budget submission projects that the Navy will include 290 battle force ships by the end of FY2030. U.S. military officials and other observers are expressing concern or alarm regarding the pace of China’s naval shipbuilding effort, the capacity of China’s shipbuilding industry compared with the capacity of the U.S. shipbuilding industry, and resulting trend lines regarding the relative sizes and capabilities of China’s navy and the U.S. Navy”

Detailed report to Congress:

=================

This what happens when you get someone who suffers from little man syndrome but you're 6'6," and you're a country instead of a person.

This what happens when you get someone who suffers from little man syndrome but you're 6'6," and you're a country instead of a person.

Well, China isn't a Western Democracy so we can be pretty sure that the 'Head Man' has actually been installed there by a committee that controls the puppet strings.

Hey, wait a minute ;)

Wait A Second Season 3 GIF by The Office

Back