• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

11 Apr 2007 - MCpl Allan Stewart, Tpr Patrick Pentland, RCD

rest in peace comrades  :salute:
you will not be forgotten  :cdn:
you forever have my heart
your service remarkable...
your bravery outstanding,,
be at ease brave soldiers you stand with god...
                                     with best regards ...
                                            scoty b

All our thoughts and prayers to all the friends and families of our fallen ...

And to those who serve ... god bless and be safe  :cdnsalute:

"Stewie"was here at my house visiting his native New Brunswick not too long ago.I got to see him prior to his work up training.
One day sitting on my couch having a few brews with a few other Armd types,to this.
My wife noticed the name and called me as I was busy studying,it came as quite a shock.

This one hit home for me.Listening to his father on the radio today made my heart sink.
We lost a dam good soldier.And a dam good man.

My Thoughts are with his family.

EX_RCAC_011 said:
"Stewie"was here at my house visiting his native New Brunswick not too long ago.I got to see him prior to his work up training.
One day sitting on my couch having a few brews with a few other Armd types,to this.
My wife noticed the name and called me as I was busy studying,it came as quite a shock.

This one hit home for me.Listening to his father on the radio today made my heart sink.
We lost a dam good soldier.And a dam good man.

My Thoughts are with his family.

Amen,

When he was in Assault Troop in 2002(?) he always struck me as one of those quiet get 'er done types that can be relied upon in any circumstance.  Not a flashy sort but professional, efficient and skilled. 

RIP Stewie

rest in peace.....our condolences to the families and friends......Ubique  :salute:

I will forever miss my father’s touch
hugs at night
and him letting me win at games
I know he loved me
more than I can ever imagine
but the children he was helping
faced dangers he never wanted me to know
and he loved them too

I will forever miss my husband’s laugh
mowing the lawn
and his quiet knowing confidence
I know he loved me
as much as anything in the world
and his vision of lasting peace
included people that have far less than us
and he loved them too

We will forever miss his presence here
firm resolve
and help when neighbors needed him
we know he loved us
as much as any other could
because he gave his life at our behest
protecting freedoms desired for all
and he loved them too

Upon glacial field I walked
bountiful silence stunning my senses
and in that quiet moment
he touched me
I listened to his voice
gentle wind on the wind
calming the pain deep within my soul
I felt his warmth caress my heart
whispering the beauty of his journey
soothing my fears
of missing him too much
I saw his boyish smile beckon me
as he trod upon the pure white field
of crystals glowing like gems
catching the sun’s eternal light
I whispered a prayer for him
the others facing danger
and for us that will miss him
facing a life filled with memories
He rose above the plain
cradled by loving hands
he slowly turned one last time
and smiled with a remarkable peace
I lived my life in purpose
were his last words to me
and I cried

reccecrewman said:
PS - Tpr. PJ Pentland was an Aikido champion in an age group above his - he was that good. I added this because Aikido was a big part of Pat's life.

Right, he was a good and strong soldier

My condolences to the RCD and  Master Cpl. Allan Stewart and Trooper Pentland families.

They were great canadiens.  :salute: :cdn:

To lose members of the family is hard even harder when you have come to know the regiment so well. To the members of the Dragoons my prayers will be with you and to the families of those brave men.

RIP

Sadly another dark day for Canada.

I would like to say there will be no more, but thats is not the truth.

From Australia,

Wes

Reccesoldier said:
Amen,

When he was in Assault Troop in 2002(?) he always struck me as one of those quiet get 'er done types that can be relied upon in any circumstance.  Not a flashy sort but professional, efficient and skilled. 

RIP Stewie

Dam right.When he was here on his course the rest of the guys were complaining about how stupid it was etc.Stewie always showed the course in a funny light of somesort when talking about it.When you think of some people you always remember them being the complainer etc,with stewie it was always a laugh and a smile.He was a soldier.A dam professional one at that.

My deepest condolences to the families and loved ones of Corporal Stewart and Trooper Pentland, and the other six Canadian soldiers recently killed in action.  To the wounded, my prayers are with you and yours families through what I hope will be a speedy recovery. :cdnsalute:

Back