• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

1st weekend of BMQ = a disaster!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anton

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all, just reporting in. I just got back from my first weekend of BMQ. With my fault mixed in with some bad decisions, I unfortunately managed to be the center of attention. Hell, it couldn't have gone worse. I disobeyed orders from the course senior, feel asleep during a lecture, and received my first formal warning for not "meeting up to standards". By the end of the weekend, all the instructors already knew my name cuz of my bad reputation. My Sec IC thinks of me as the "biggest headache".

I guess my expectations were too high. I came in thinking I'd be a professional, clean-cut, up to par BMQer. Heh, hopefully I'll be able to make up next weekend.

(P.S. So much for winning that top candidate award.)

Learn from your mistakes and carry on.

Regards

1) Smarten up
2) get your act together
3) keep doing PT on weekdays
4) get back in there (& don't forget to do a review of the material you were given on Wk 1)

You're only a FNG once

Welcome to the joys of being a recruit.  To add to geo's list, keep the mouth closed but ears and mind wide open.

MM

Hmmm...I may have a beer with a certain maintainer CWO soon then and have a few good laughs.      ;)

Regards

Recce By Death said:
Hmmm...I may have a beer with a certain maintainer CWO soon then and have a few good laughs.       ;)

Regards

This is why i love this site !!!

anton said:
Hey all, just reporting in. I just got back from my first weekend of BMQ. With my fault mixed in with some bad decisions, I unfortunately managed to be the center of attention. Hell, it couldn't have gone worse. I disobeyed orders from the course senior, feel asleep during a lecture, and received my first formal warning for not "meeting up to standards". By the end of the weekend, all the instructors already knew my name cuz of my bad reputation. My Sec IC thinks of me as the "biggest headache".

I guess my expectations were too high. I came in thinking I'd be a professional, clean-cut, up to par BMQer. Heh, hopefully I'll be able to make up next weekend.

(P.S. So much for winning that top candidate award.)

If the staff are doing their job right, everyone else is probably thinking the same things you are. Don't sweat it. Give 'er.

The great ones amongst us didn't get there by not making mistakes: they got there by making mistakes and learning from them

It's your first weekend, common. I called a Sgt  "Master Sergeant" on my first day but I learned that one quick (I thought the leaf meant 'Master'). Like everyone says, learn from your mistakes and carry on. A place where you can shout a lot is during group activities like 'reinforcement PT' (rifle drill, obstacle course) but it better be words of team encouragement. 

Forum 5-0
50.gif
Enough molycoddling!! Get to work and sort yourself out!! Oh yeah, have a good time, this is the course you'll remember ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back