• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

In short, there is no significant internal obstacle to the feasibility of provincial secession from Canada other than simultaneous popular demand and political will (See 1998 SCC Reference relating to secession, in which the Court recognizes the possibility in spite of apparent legal hurdles, but prescribes a democratic and negotiated process). It is best to argue on the merits rather than technicality.

One word; people.

That is always a significant obstacle. Lots of things are feasible in theory if you don't consider people.

And having simultaneous popular demand and sustained political will is an absolute obstacle.

For comparisons though, I think marriage is closer to the relationship than parents/kids, and you absolutely divide assets and debts. But if you want a recent example, the bill for Brexit divorce was $35.6B GBP (50ishB CAD?), and they are far less intertwined than the federal government and provinces.

I can't wait for PP to be PM and for him to awe us with his ability to know every internal policy and procedure for every department in the whole government and to have a very real and personal say in every major decision in every department.

Wait, I thought PP was against the accumulations of power within the PMO?

I'm confused...

I can't wait for PP to be PM and for him to awe us with his ability to know every internal policy and procedure for every department in the whole government and to have a very real and personal say in every major decision in every department.

I'm confused...

he's pointing out Trudeau and Liberals are not focused on national security. And China in particular. I get it.

With the added bonus of Trudeau has never once owned up to anything. Its always someone else's fault. Every time even if a Liberal. To be Liberal member with Trudeau at the top must be a horrible position.

I'm confused...

I cant wait for you to give PP and crew the same leeway you give JT and crew.

The CSIS Director David Vigneault will come out and take the hit for JT. And JT will protect him for it. Just like when Vigneault did JT the solid during the EA hearings and agreed with the PMO while contradicting what his own agency had to say about the convoy as it related to a threat to national security.

I cant wait for you to give PP and crew the same leeway you give JT and crew.
If he's elected PM, and the Liberals start attacking him the same way PP is attacking Trudeau (that is to say, blaming him for literally EVERYTHING even if it's outside the scope of the PM's power), then you best fucking believe I will be calling it out.

If he's elected PM, and the Liberals start attacking him the same way PP is attacking Trudeau (that is to say, blaming him for literally EVERYTHING even if it's outside the scope of the PM's power), then you best fucking believe I will be calling it out.

If he's elected PM the Liberals will go total war on PP. And if you think the Liberal party is some how above these HoC antics you haven't been paying attention long enough.

If he's elected PM the Liberals will go total war on PP. And if you think the Liberal party is some how above these HoC antics you haven't been paying attention long enough.

A large part of the civil service will be antagonistic as well. The media will have a field day starting at $4 orange juice and up from there. All quietly nudged in the background by our friends in the CCP.

A large part of the civil service will be antagonistic as well. The media will have a field day starting at $4 orange juice and up from there. All quietly nudged in the background by our friends in the CCP.
Ok dude, I think you've squeezed out enough laughs with your CCP shtick, time to change gears.

Hey lets bring it down a notch. I can be just as guilty as the next one too.

don't get too personal. I love the back forth too.

I do not think that the LPC is above anything, Hoc antics included.
FWIW I think cooler heads will prevail at some point.

I think JT is gone - sooner rather than later - and the adults who should be running the LPC will wrest control away from the bratty spoilt indulged children.

FWIW I think cooler heads will prevail at some point.

I think JT is gone - sooner rather than later - and the adults who should be running the LPC will wrest control away from the bratty spoilt indulged children.
I disagree. There are adults in the LPC who haven’t lifted a finger. The only way JT is gone is when he decides he’s had enough. It’s a cult.

I disagree. There are adults in the LPC who haven’t lifted a finger. The only way JT is gone is when he decides he’s had enough. It’s a cult.
Yep. There are no adults left in that party, or any party for that matter. :confused:

How any MP or Minister sits at the table and looks across at the idiots that are chosen leaders in this country and somehow can keep their mouth shut is beyond me.

With respect to the Liberals and the PM and the ongoing China saga, I expect time will expose even more lies an disgusting behaviour. Just wait a day

With respect to the Liberals and the PM and the ongoing China saga, I expect time will expose even more lies an disgusting behaviour. Just wait a day
Will it matter? No. Not when Trudeau bleats incessantly about the existential danger to Canada from a SoCon, Trumpist, NRA funded CPC government. And if Trump wins in 2024, then PP and the CPC are done like dinner in 2025.

Will it matter? No. Not when Trudeau bleats incessantly about the existential danger to Canada from a SoCon, Trumpist, NRA funded CPC government. And if Trump wins in 2024, then PP and the CPC are done like dinner in 2025.

What's crazier is people believe him.

Back