• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 Voluntarily Occupational Transfer ( VOT )

TheAngryCpl

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all was wondering how everyone is doing for their VOT! Decides to start this year's OT thread to keep updates on when offers start trickling in. This is my 3rd time OTing from Armoured to Veh Tech. And if this OT doesn't go thru I have decided to not resign my contract. As it ends in October. And I will get back in after the 6 month wait period.

Hello all was wondering how everyone is doing for their VOT! Decides to start this year's OT thread to keep updates on when offers start trickling in. This is my 3rd time OTing from Armoured to Veh Tech. And if this OT doesn't go thru I have decided to not resign my contract. As it ends in October. And I will get back in after the 6 month wait period.
Good luck with this OT. I am considering using my $80K re-training money to become a Mechanic. Make scads of money and never pay $800 for a brake job again. #biggestripoffever.

Haha I have decided not to resign my contract this is the 4th year trying to OT. My contract ends in 6 months and I have decided to not resign. I'll get out and get back in eventually

If your are not selected for your OT, it,s only because your file is not enough competitive... if you release and get back... good luck, the process is more competitive, and there are more applicants... so you could wait longer ! Be prepare to wait again.

If your are not selected for your OT, it,s only because your file is not enough competitive... if you release and get back... good luck, the process is more competitive, and there are more applicants... so you could wait longer ! Be prepare to wait again.

Late reply but…this is not 100% accurate. A mbr could be competitive but restricted out of current trade due to OUTCAPs. Depending on trade health, only a certain % of the TES of a trade is allowed to OT each year.

So saying “it is only because you aren’t competitive” isn’t accurate.

Late reply but…this is not 100% accurate. A mbr could be competitive but restricted out of current trade due to OUTCAPs. Depending on trade health, only a certain % of the TES of a trade is allowed to OT each year.

So saying “it is only because you aren’t competitive” isn’t accurate.
You are in the details... end state, he was not selected... outcap or not. So his file was not enough competitive this year in comparaison of other mbr in his trade selected and allowed to OT. Higher is your score, better is your chance to be competive.

What you said wasn’t accurate. Full stop.

The “details” matter. If you can’t pass on correct info, you should not pass on info. That is the end state.

Back