• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

6 Jan 2020 U.S. Events (Split from A Deeply Fractured US)

The guy walking around in the suit in the background didn't seem too concerned.
Probably a politician. They're renowned for not getting it. 'Oh, were we expecting visitors today?'

"He has a gun" has to be the most blatantly self-evident spoken in the US.

I noticed that, he's mostly behind cover until he steps out to take a shot. It looks like the doorway was barricaded quite a bit but maybe he was worried someone in the crowd was armed. The guy walking around in the suit in the background didn't seem too concerned.
Most people are blissfully ignorant of their surroundings at the best of times. Look at the video of the Toronto van attacker's arrest. People milling about clueless for a few critical seconds while an officer holds the driver at gunpoint only metres away. See 0:24 of this video.

Most people are blissfully ignorant of their surroundings at the best of times. Look at the video of the Toronto van attacker's arrest. People milling about clueless for a few critical seconds while an officer holds the driver at gunpoint only metres away. See 0:24 of this video.

I responded to a B&E at a bank one night, first member on scene with a visible smashed glass entry and possibly someone inside. I was standing there in full gear pointing a C8 at the entry waiting for backup. Some rando walks up, sets face to stunned, and she asks me “I need to use the ATM, can I go in there?”

So yeah, the body language of bystanders can tell us things are bad, but is seldom useful in trying to determine if things are good.

I responded to a B&E at a bank one night, first member on scene with a visible smashed glass entry and possibly someone inside. I was standing there in full gear pointing a C8 at the entry waiting for backup. Some rando walks up, sets face to stunned, and she asks me “I need to use the ATM, can I go in there?”

So yeah, the body language of bystanders can tell us things are bad, but is seldom useful in trying to determine if things are good.
So....did you let her go in???

:LOL:

The range of emotion - dismay, shock, contempt, and despair - that I conveyed in a single word answer of “No!” beggars belief.
I imagine very similar to how I said no to my son when he asked to take my car to Montreal with his friends the day he got his driver’s license…talking to an adult but like dealing with a child.

I post this article for informational purposes to keep up with the current court actions. I see it as a court correcting an action of a lower court.

Some Jan. 6 sentences were improperly lengthened, appeals court rules​

A federal appeals court panel ruled Friday that Jan. 6 defendants who obstructed Congress’ work had their sentences improperly lengthened by judges who determined that they had interfered with the “administration of justice.”
Politico Article

Back