• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

6 Jan 2020 U.S. Events (Split from A Deeply Fractured US)

Folks, I'm pretty sure we're above summary execution for rioters regardless of the political spectrum they occupy, so let's try to have some decorum.

-Milnet.ca Staff
Every once in a while you see a straight line and you just have to go with it.

🙂

Right beside the tac gear he was wearing that they dropped also? Just stop.
You'll have to give me more information on what I should stop. By the way, I received 3 humourous ratings for that original post, yes, seems like it was deserving of that treatment.

Terrifying for sure. Hope images and videos like that cause Trump supporters to do some soul searching. Terrible.

I think there is difference between Trump 'supporters'; those who actually agree with whatever political policies he has espoused, and those who have felt enabled or empowered by his rhetoric. Some in the first group may indeed have a 'come to Jesus' moment. The second group I'm not so sure. That's my concern with the next administration wanting to put things behind them and heal the nation. There are many groups that don't believe they need healing; in fact, they think they are the cure.

I think there is difference between Trump 'supporters'; those who actually agree with whatever political policies he has espoused, and those who have felt enabled or empowered by his rhetoric. Some in the first group may indeed have a 'come to Jesus' moment. The second group I'm not so sure. That's my concern with the next administration wanting to put things behind them and heal the nation. There are many groups that don't believe they need healing; in fact, they think they are the cure.
Believe it or not there are STILL a lot of die-hard adherents who thing some plan will still unfurl that will give Trump the presidency. Unfortunately I fear enough of them are willing to pick up guns over the matter. America desperately needs to get through the inauguration and install the next administration so that more of these whackjobs finally realize they’ve been had.

“Trumpism” as we currently know it will not go away. This ugly nationalism is here to stay to some extent or another. It remains to be seen who will pick up the populist torch in the post-Trump era, and how they wield that influence.

When politicians, media personalities and other grifters lie to their supporters that they were “robbed”, then those supporters act out as if they were robbed, then they turn around and say we have to listen to their concerns...no. It doesn’t work that way. It’s like saying we have to listen to the concerns of flat-earthers. Their concerns are not based on reality.

Believe it or not there are STILL a lot of die-hard adherents who thing some plan will still unfurl that will give Trump the presidency. Unfortunately I fear enough of them are willing to pick up guns over the matter. America desperately needs to get through the inauguration and install the next administration so that more of these whackjobs finally realize they’ve been had.

“Trumpism” as we currently know it will not go away. This ugly nationalism is here to stay to some extent or another. It remains to be seen who will pick up the populist torch in the post-Trump era, and how they wield that influence.
Yeah.

The way Trump held sway over nomination battles isn't going to go away just because he is gone.

If a good 35-40 percent of the Republican party are his followers, it's still in large part, his party.

You'll have to give me more information on what I should stop. By the way, I received 3 humourous ratings for that original post, yes, seems like it was deserving of that treatment.
Perhaps they weren’t laughing “with” you?

Are you honestly suggesting that ‘Zip Tie Guy’, allegedly Eric Munchel, picked them up from the ground after they were dropped by a LEO?

Perhaps they weren’t laughing “with” you?

Are you honestly suggesting that ‘Zip Tie Guy’, allegedly Eric Munchel, picked them up from the ground after they were dropped by a LEO?
I simply asked a question, I never suggested anything. Neither did I support the things these people did. As for the laughing at me, I kind of figured that out myself but I guess I forgot the sarcasm emoji.

"We the people" in action.

Looks like something you see in 3rd world countries. I saw an article the other day that said something like 'perhaps another country that sees what is happening in America will consider invading America to save Americans from America'.

They are going to have trouble rebuilding their international reputation.
Not really, in South America they would have been washed away with water cannons and any stalwarts likely shot or disappeared. There is a real attempt to frame the narrative right now, but they did nowhere near the damage that the riots have done previously, nor the amount of injuries to Police officers https://www.cullmantribune.com/2020...-officers-injured-in-riots-across-u-s-2-dead/

Not really, in South America they would have been washed away with water cannons and any stalwarts likely shot or disappeared. There is a real attempt to frame the narrative right now, but they did nowhere near the damage that the riots have done previously, nor the amount of injuries to Police officers https://www.cullmantribune.com/2020...-officers-injured-in-riots-across-u-s-2-dead/
Not so much frame the narrative as call it as we see it.

Every country has riots. Here in Canada, hockey riots in Vancouver and Montreal. Damage and injuries happen during these chaotic events.

But one doesn't see people charging, entering, trashing, putting elected officials in danger in,

Palace of Westminister

Luxembourg Palace

The Bundestag

Palazzo Madama,Palazzo Montecitorio

Palacio del Senado,Palacio de las Cortes

The Old Royal Palace

Christiansborg Palace

Parliament Hill

The Riksdagshuset

That goes beyond a typical riot.

I was curious why a heavy spray of pepper spray wasn't blasted towards the crowd as they literally fought police in the doorway, while breaking into the Capitol.

Also, imagine being the police officers at the doorway, inside the building, and inside the actual Chambers... once they saw their colleagues outside had opened the gates. I'm not sure I would even want to be a fly on the wall during 'those' chats 😬

I was curious why a heavy spray of pepper spray wasn't blasted towards the crowd as they literally fought police in the doorway, while breaking into the Capitol.

Also, imagine being the police officers at the doorway, inside the building, and inside the actual Chambers... once they saw their colleagues outside had opened the gates. I'm not sure I would even want to be a fly on the wall during 'those' chats 😬
They were using pepper spray, I saw several large bursts of it.

Ever been pepper sprayed? It sucks. A lot. But that’s all. We were trained to be sprayed full on in the face, and fight through it. It debilitates but it doesn’t incapacitate. It’s only a ‘psychological’ stop. Someone who is still motivated to fight or otherwise cause a ruckus can; they’ll just be angrier and in pain and less able to see.

Yeah, that video where they drag the officer outside the door, you can see large sprays of it coming from the door. You also see some of the insurrectionists spraying something back at them as well.

Yeah, that video where they drag the officer outside the door, you can see large sprays of it coming from the door. You also see some of the insurrectionists spraying something back at them as well.
Perhaps Zip-Tie Guy and others also picked up some LEO-dropped pepper spray, in addition to the zip-tie cuffs that some believe the Capitol Police accidentally dropped? :unsure:

Not so much frame the narrative as call it as we see it.

Every country has riots. Here in Canada, hockey riots in Vancouver and Montreal. Damage and injuries happen during these chaotic events.

But one doesn't see people charging, entering, trashing, putting elected officials in danger in,

Palace of Westminister

Luxembourg Palace

The Bundestag

Palazzo Madama,Palazzo Montecitorio

Palacio del Senado,Palacio de las Cortes

The Old Royal Palace

Christiansborg Palace

Parliament Hill

The Riksdagshuset

That goes beyond a typical riot.
This is exactly the point. Symbols matter in a functioning society where members agree to be held to a set of behavioural standards, with often implicit lines that are not supposed to be crossed. Sadly that no longer seems to hold true in the US...indeed in all too many "mature" democracies.

This is exactly the point. Symbols matter in a functioning society where members agree to be held to a set of behavioural standards, with often implicit lines that are not supposed to be crossed. Sadly that no longer seems to hold true in the US...indeed in all too many "mature" democracies.
Symbols only matter when people believe they have say in the system, clearly these people don`t believe they do. Governance in a democracy is about consent and respect. These are the people that the Democrats called the "deplorables" and only useful to the GOP come election time. This pot has been cooking for quite sometime. Trump for all his faults was the only one to give them something and pay attention to their concerns.

Symbols only matter when people believe they have say in the system, clearly these people don`t believe they do. Governance in a democracy is about consent and respect. These are the people that the Democrats called the "deplorables" and only useful to the GOP come election time. This pot has been cooking for quite sometime. Trump for all his faults was the only one to give them something and pay attention to their concerns.

so what specifically has he given them? What did they not have in the first place? Or is about what they feel was being taken away from them? Right now it seems that Trump et al will be getting a lot of those folks some jail time for their loyalty to him.

Back