• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

He isn’t good for the US or the world. I hope the GOP find someone else just like I hope the democrats find someone else. Both parties can do better but their staunchest supporters won’t let that happen. So a pox on them all. They all get what they deserve.

His ME peace policies seemed to be very good for the world... His position about the EU getting off Russia supplied O&G seemed to be pretty good for the world. In fact if you could magically cancel out all the false media/democrat attacks on him which so many still believe to this day, his term looked pretty damn good.

It'd be much simpler if people started out their attacks with "This is my opinion only."

It is much easier on your constitution just to accept that all statements are prefaced by "This is my opinion only". Even when "facts" are being entered as evidence.

A I've noted before, when learning how to write as 10 year olds we were counselled not to use "It is my opinion" in a sentence or paragraph because it was self evident that every utterance was only the opinion of the utterer, and couldn't be anything else. The Truth is out there.

Sometimes we might get lucky and hit on it but you can't count on it.

One could say that 45 is the master at those tactics except for the fact that he is so blatantly obvious at it that only his own followers are lulled into accepting his nonsense as gospel.

🍻

Someone put it this way back in Mar. 2017.

My predictability does become apparent when the Trump toxin spreads to Canadian topics.
I regret (more than you can imagine) that my preference for facts and thinking is at odds with the majority of group-think in this thread. Yes, I've done a reality-check, wondering if I'm 'the only one in step,' and while I can understand some of the emotions behind this 'movement' I just can't understand the suspension of thought that embracing it requires (unless that sort of thing was never one's strong suit anyway). Oh well.
As I've stated before, I'm more than happy to avoid this mess altogether..... if people would stop trying to drag Canada into the alt-garbage world -- in this, and other, threads.

Someone put it this way back in Mar. 2017.
Trump toxin ? Group-think? Alt-garbage world?

The person in the post has already described their bias. I am completely confident that I, and most others on this forum, can make rational decisions based on what we see, hear, and can research, along with our own common sense. Confirmatory bias is toxic

Meanwhile I’m more concerned about the CPC self imploding here and giving Trudeau another 10 years in power.
I know, wrong thread, but why are you worried about the CPC imploding? I can't help but get the feeling that Skippy will win, bringing with him the fervent right. The rest of the party, I feel, is so exhausted from both, 1. years of failed leaders, and, 2. years of Trudeau, that they will also get behind Skippy. Thus, while some may not be happy with it, you'll have a cohesive CPC. Am I missing something?

Is this a true statement?

If so, Why? Why should prosecutions, especially criminal prosecutions, be unrestrained? We are talking about the State taking on an Individual. Should the Individual not be given additional protections, leeway? Isn't that in keeping with the spirit of the presumption of innocence?

Investigations, within the law, are one thing.

Prosecutions are something else.

I could be wrong, but I interpreted that statement as the Court's view on its placing a restraint on the course of this particular prosecution; although its seems it might be premature or at least using the term 'writ large' - I don't believe any charge has been advanced yet. So long as an investigation or prosecution is operating within the law, the court's role is to adjudicate with the evidence placed before it 'as is-where is'. Each step has its role; law enforcement investigates, the State prosecutes and the court decides.

Besides, the weight of the State is always brought to bear on individuals. Although there is a greater emphasis on victims now, the basis of our respective systems is that the violator has offender the law and therefore the State, reflected in R. or The People versus . . .

I could be wrong, but I interpreted that statement as the Court's view on its placing a restraint on the course of this particular prosecution; although its seems it might be premature or at least using the term 'writ large' - I don't believe any charge has been advanced yet. So long as an investigation or prosecution is operating within the law, the court's role is to adjudicate with the evidence placed before it 'as is-where is'. Each step has its role; law enforcement investigates, the State prosecutes and the court decides.

Besides, the weight of the State is always brought to bear on individuals. Although there is a greater emphasis on victims now, the basis of our respective systems is that the violator has offender the law and therefore the State, reflected in R. or The People versus . . .
And almost always, rightly so. Justice/Democracy/rule of law/yadda yadda. I could be wrong, but believe that more than %95 of Canadians are law abiding, law-supporting, individuals, who want POS locked up. The problem is that, like bad/lazy owners we have looked the other way when a dog shits on the front lawn. Lock people up. I don't care about their background or experience. Get them to fuck away from me
and my family

Trump toxin ? Group-think? Alt-garbage world?

The person in the post has already described their bias. I am completely confident that I, and most others on this forum, can make rational decisions based on what we see, hear, and can research, along with our own common sense.

You could ask the person, Journeyman, if anything has changed his opinion.

He is not alone,

But Donald J Trump is a reprehensible human being and a disgrace to the party that nominated him for high office.

Confirmatory bias is toxic

Right.

I regret (more than you can imagine) that my preference for facts and thinking is at odds with the majority of group-think in this thread. Yes, I've done a reality-check, wondering if I'm 'the only one in step,'

I can't help but get the feeling that Skippy will win, bringing with him the fervent right.

Saw this about that.

Many Canadian Conservatives support Trumpian tactics.

And almost always, rightly so. Justice/Democracy/rule of law/yadda yadda. I could be wrong, but believe that more than %95 of Canadians are law abiding, law-supporting, individuals, who want POS locked up. The problem is that, like bad/lazy owners we have looked the other way when a dog shits on the front lawn. Lock people up. I don't care about their background or experience. Get them to fuck away from me
and my family
And if you or your family are the ones being locked up?

And if you or your family are the ones being locked up?
Maybe you missed Weinie’s implication that there would be systemic legitimacy to an arrest through the charge process? I certainly didn’t take away from his statement that he was implying Stalinist rounding up…

Your retort is without merit unless Weinie would have done something that a Canadian policing and prosecution jurisdiction assessed as warranting incarceration prior to trial.

Maybe you missed Weinie’s implication that there would be systemic legitimacy to an arrest through the charge process? I certainly didn’t take away from his statement that he was implying Stalinist rounding up…

Your retort is without merit unless Weinie would have done something that a Canadian policing and prosecution jurisdiction assessed as warranting incarceration prior to trial.

But had he done anything or was he just suspected? And even if convicted on the opinion of judge or jury?

The system can be as fair and just as humanly possible and still make mistakes.

You must have missed me shaking my head and calling it dumb.
I have a MAGA hat, and had donated to Trump’s campaign.
I got excited about Trump for a moment when he came out strongly against China in the run-up to the 2016 election.

Didn't last long.

Now, not to add fuel to the fire, but just to prove I wasn't crazy, it's FOX and an elected Republican wondering about it too...

An opinion that I share with the author and consider worth sharing.

Back