• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Question

fauntania

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all!

I apologize in advance if the answer to the question is out there somewhere, I ran a search on this site and while it turned up some related things, nothing that actually answered it came up so I thought I would ask.  Hopefully y'all don't mind!  =)

Anyway, over my years of working away at my Bachelor of English degree in several different universities, one course at a time, I have attained credits all over the place.  I've managed to come up with three of four transcripts to bring in to my interview with the military career counsellor, but the last one from SFU is proving to be a bit of an issue.  I requested it, and was told that I still have an outstanding balance on my account there and have to pay it off before they will release the transcript.

Being a single mother, money isn't growing on the tree in the backyard.  I could put it on my credit card, which I would really prefer not to do, but if its necessary... So that is my question -

How critical is it that I come to the interview with ALL the transcripts in hand?  Should I go into debt to pay to get this one in time?  I mean I will pay it off, yes, but I would normally do it in pieces and wouldn't have it in hand before the interview that way.  Will it be a showstopper if I don't have this right away?  I have print outs from SFU showing my courses and grades, and transfer credits, all of that, but they are not "official transcripts" they are just my notifications I got at the end of each semester as to what grades I had attained.  I did attach copies of those to  my application originally, as well.

Perhaps I should contact the recruiting office on Monday and inquire?  Or do any of you have experience or knowledge on this?

Thank you again for any responses you may have!

Cheers,
Fauntania

fauntania said:
Perhaps I should contact the recruiting office on Monday and inquire?

Yep, best bet. You'll only need the transcripts if you're applying to be an officer though. It's just bonus PER points for NCMs.

Thank you for your reply, PuckChaser, I appreciate the input.

I spoke with a recruiter today, and he advised that it isn't critical that I have the transcript at my interview, but it will affect how I "score" merit-wise against my peers, since they would have no verification of my education and GPA.  He also said that I can submit it as soon as I get my hands on it, and then I would be re-scored, so that's good to know!

I thought I would post his advice here so that anyone else who might run into this potentiall issue/question could search up an answer =)

Have a great day everyone!

Fauntania

Back